Pokemon What Is Your Signature Pokémon?

Casually, it would have to be Mew, because that was totally not obvious. But seriously, Mew has long been my favorite Pokémon. I love how I does what it wants and doesn't care what anyone else thinks or does. It can be quite unpredictable in battle with its ability to learn every single TM out there. Also, it's a kitty!

Competitively, it would have to be Florges. My Florges on my multiple competitive builds has been known to wreck everything when I really needed it, especially when my team is in bad shape. I love how bulky it is, and how it can stall out pretty much anything, if used correctly.

Mine was always Blaziken! Ever since I first learned how to play the game on Ruby, he was the first Pokemon I ever trained. By the time I learned he was a starter Pokemon, and could only be used in that series of game (Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald) my dreams were crushed. Regardless, he is still no doubt my signature Pokemon.

Competitive, it is Aggron because I play a M Aggron deck a lot. The idea of dealing 240 damage on an instance, really got me hooked! The deck may require a bit of luck, but it wins games. ;)

Last edited:
See Left for Pokemon, See Below for Reason. Competitive TCG = HooH EX is love, Compeitive VG = My preference is Random Battles so dont really have one.

Ambipom was the Pokémon that I wanted in all my games [where he was catchable] same with Dragonite!

BUT then there was gen 6 and I saw my favourite animal ... the PANDA Pokémon!!! :D

So yeah I like Pancham as you can see. :)

In Generation V, Whimsicott was a very essential team mate for my Speed-driven team.

Prankster meant that she (I raised a female, btw) could use Taunt to shut down status moves from enemies, Cotton Guard to be a physical wall, Tailwind to speed up my whole team, and then use Sunny Day to make some of my team's Fire Type moves hit quite hard. Never transferred her to Gen V, though, I did essentially breed for the Gen VI successor that also uses Taunt and Tailwind, but in addition, knows Moonblast + Energy Ball to deal with offensive threats incase she gets Taunted.

Whimsicott is also adorable in addition to being absurdly useful.

I don't have a signature Pokémon as in a Pokémon that I constantly use. For a while Roserade was my sort of emblematic Pokémon because I loved the looks, type and attacks but after having trouble in deciding which movepool was the definitive one and so bred - and trained for great amount of time three -, I ended up getting tired and since all of this was done in HG after having done everything else, it was kind of boring. Then I bought Black 2 and had the lucky of my starter being a female Snivy with a nice nature (not competitvely) and she's now the Queen Mother of team and offspring. After having trained Grass/Poison Pokémon for a lot of time and that appearing over and over again, I'm now more into pure Grass.

So, Serperior is now my most emblematic Pokémon and I love everything about it: being a snake (I've always loved the Ekans, Arbok, Seviper and to a certain extent Dunsparce), it has very cool and sublime details fit of a noble Pokémon, and I love the vampiric theme of it with the pale skin and red eyes in the shiny version). Also, I think the lack of visible fangs is not a problem because Serperior doesn't need it to instill fear, just a glare!

PS: I'm also a fan of Slytherin so...:p

Last edited:
Mine will be both Vaporeon and Pidgeot. I start every adventure with them and have one on every team.

Definitely Glaceon!!! My favorite Pokemon but I also know how to make it overpowering.

Honestly, for me, it's a tie between Walrein, Basculin, and Registeel

Walrein already has such great special stats, so when paired with Stockpile and Super Training, it can become a monster. Especially if it's holding a Mystic Water with Surf or NeverMeltIce with Ice Beam. Leftovers always helps too.

Basculin is a glass cannon of sorts, having insane attack but poor defense and HP. That's why when you couple max Attack and Speed with Rock Head, you can just Double-Edge like crazy with no worries. And if you add that Focus Sash and Flail, it can become even worse.

Registeel doesn't really have a reason for me.

Ok, this is now way past invalid for me. At the time, it was because I was going with a party that just had a bunch of pokemon I thought would be pretty cool to see in action. Now that I'm getting much much better at competitive, I'd have to say it's Empoleon AND Garchomp tied. They're both very nostalgic pokemon to me that mean a lot. Diamond was my first game that was really mine, as in bought new instead of used and continuing a save. Garchomp, on the other hand, is my biggest nemesis. It was my biggest challenge when I would battle Cynthia. It would always wreck my team until my Empoleon wrecked it back once I taught it Ice Beam. By the way, this is when I only knew the Fire > Grass > Water thing, no other types, so it was really big. Nowadays, they're critical to 3 of my parties.

I guess if you want to include signature megas, it would be my randomly encountered Friend Safari shiny perfect IV timid Charizard for Mega Y.

My "signature" pokemon would either be Togekiss, Altaria, or Ampharos because I like cute but strong Pokemon. But Leavanny and Chandelure were my secondary signatures too.

Mine would be Ampharos. I just love the derpy little thing! Its mega is also really fun to use with its high special attack and dragon typing. My mom even made me a plush a while back!
image.jpg

I'm called the PikaMaster for a reason; Pikachu is my signature Pokémon! I don't know what it is about it, but there's just something that makes me like Pikachu so much.

My friends get driven insane by this, but in competitive, it's 100% Malamar. It's a slow trick room user with a unique typing that makes in only weak to bug and fairy (which you don't see that often). It also has contrary, which means Superpower buffs it's attack and defense instead of decreasing it. It's just too good for its tier.

Definitely Glaceon!!! My favorite Pokemon but I also know how to make it overpowering.
This was a while ago and opinions have changed. My signature Pokemon, Alola Ninetales. One of my favorite Pokemon now with one of my favorite types. Not to mention it's a dragon killer!

Back