Discussion What is your most frustrating pull?

Fool Hardy

Aspiring Trainer
Hey guys! Quick story...

For Christmas last year I got a Crimson Invasion Elite Trainer Box. I opened it and SEVEN of the eight booster packs had Lusamine in it. Completely blew my mind.

I was curious what the most frustrating or annoying pulls you've ever had were?

Of course an honorable mention for pulling a normal card and then getting the Reverse Holo version of that card in the SAME pack!

Bought an ETB and a 3-pack blister (about $60) and the rarest card I got out of all eleven packs was a RA Vikavolt-GX (~$1.70 on TCGplayer).

This is why you buy singles, kids.

This isn't one particular pull, but I cannot stop pulling Palkia GX. I have like 4 or 5 of them now. I think Palkia alone is going to get me to stop buying packs forever and just stick to singles.

This isn't really an annoying pull (although I was a little frustrated with myself for being narrow-minded) as I was quite pleased with the outcome, but when I went to open my first pack of Forbidden Light a couple of weeks ago, I saw that the code was green and immediately saw it as a "bad pack". It turns out, that pack actually had an Arceus Prism Star and a Beast Ring in it! Because there was no Holo in the Rare slot, the code was naturally green. I still felt a little misguided as I had considered that pack to be worthless, but it just goes to show that just because a code is green, doesnt mean the pack's going to be bad!

Raiku and Marshadow holo pulls for DAYS in the Shining Ledgends packs! Even in PTCGO.

I got my packs from getting 50th at Liverpool last year, got a Vikavolt GX and a Rainbow Rare Vikavolt GX, though I got a Tapu Lele GX from a tin earlier that day, and even a Full Art Lele GX in the reward packs, so that made up for it.

Back in the day I had a Diamond & Pearl: Mysterious Treasures box, and pulled no Level X's. Max I got were some holos.

Cracked a Dusk Mane Tin over the weekend. Only thing worth note that I pulled was.....a Dusk Mane from the ULP pack.....

once at a tournament before it started i bought a booster box to see if i can pull a FA cynthia didnt get it. at the end of the tournament the winner pulled a full art cynthia out of her prize packs which was from the booster box right next to the one i chose, i walked out of the shop so depressed.

Right now Gogoat from Forbiden Light, I open like 20 booster packs trying to get Alolan Exeggutor, I dont get a single one yet but I get like 10 Gogoats

I had bought five Flashfire packs from my local Target on that grim April morning.
All I had pulled from my first four were a couple decent holos. Not terrible, but not great either.
I opened up the fifth one, and took note of the peculiar edge of one of the cards while sifting through the cards....
Could it be?! Kangsakhan-EX? A Secret Rare? The fabled M Charizard-EX, only heard of in myths and legends from other worlds?!?
I carefully pulled the ninth card out of the way, revealing what could be a card with extraordinary power....
My heart was racing, my palms were sweaty, my eyes were wide with hope...
...Magnezone-EX.

Back