Pokemon What Is Your Most Disliked Pokémon and Why?

Mistryss Nite

Is back from Beijing, China! ^.^
Tell us what your most disliked Pokemon is, and tell us why you dislike it/them. Examples of reasons why you might dislike them include: the design, the encounter rate, the weakness, or the type.

For me, I really dislike Tentacool. They are everywhere in every game when you are surfing. I can't go two steps without running into one. They are also not the easiest to take down (for me anyway). I have probably fought over 1000 Tentacools in my time. They are also a Pokemon that I never use or want to have anything to do with due to their overwhelming encounter rate.

evilpacman

Voltorb Collector
RE: What Is Your Most Disliked Pokemon?

I used to hate a lot of Pokemon back in the day but learning about the inspiration or the basis of the idea can usually change my opinion. For example, before I knew what Bronzong was based on, I thought it was really stupid. Now I appreciate it a little more and I think its pretty cool.
I really dislike Volbeat and Illuminse. I think they are ugly and not very creative. Though, I am curious to know why they look less like lightning bugs than I would have expected. Perhaps there is some sort of inspiration I am missing. When Fairy type was introduced, I noticed a lot of people placing them in their lists of expected Fairy types. Maybe they have something to do with fairies.

I also dont like Lickilicky, Leafeon and Rhyperior. Lickilicky is such a downgrade of Lickitung. I hate how it looks so disproportionate. I think similarly of Rhyperior when compared to Rhydon. The colors dont look nice and its too fat. Plus I think the lack of ears looks weird. Leafeon is just boring. I would have liked to see it covered in more leaves at least and maybe make it look more slender and without such a top heavy head.

Many Pokemon from Gen 5 are very underwhelming. I dont like any of the Fighting types, the Bug Pokemon look odd and Simipour and Simisear are goofy looking. I dont care for the Legendaries and I especially hate Keldeo! It has an annoying voice in the anime, for a reason I dont understand, it is Water type and I think it has a horrible color palate. I also cant stand that its form is just a larger horn and some feathers in its hair.Generation 5 introduced a lot of really cool Pokemon, but an equal amount of Pokemon I just dont like. If it wasnt for Generation 4 giving me hardly anything to be excited about, it would be my least favorite.

Sheriff_K

Eevee Breeder

I have an intense hatred and disdain for the Pokemon, and its evolution, known as Woobat.
Every time I see one, my immediate reaction is: "IT IS SO UGLY IT DESERVES TO DIE!!!"

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant

I have to say Charizard.

It's not exactly a hugely original design, but one of the things that I really dislike is how overrated it is.
Like, one can't actually go on most top 10 Pokemon lists without our firey dragon.

and don't get me started on all the people that insist charizard can be used in ou and are convinced it's the most underrated pokemon in competitive, they only further my hatred for it.

safariblade

Video Gamer
Advanced Member

Sheriff_K said:
I have an intense hatred and disdain for the Pokemon, and its evolution, known as Woobat.
Every time I see one, my immediate reaction is: "IT IS SO UGLY IT DESERVES TO DIE!!!"
Noooo Swoobat & Woobat are two of my favs!

Sheriff_K

Eevee Breeder

I take it that the Politoed hate stems from Drizzle being overpowered?

I've always loved Poliwag and its evolutions. As a kid I used to draw Axolotl possible Branching Evolutions for Poliwag, since I viewed that as the only example of a "Branching Evolution" in real-life... :p

DNA

Goodbye, everyone. I'll miss you all.
Advanced Member

Sheriff_K said:
I take it that the Politoed hate stems from Drizzle being overpowered?
Rain OP, son.

One Approved

;
Advanced Member

bidoof.jpg

1) They're everywhere
2) They're not good for anything aside from HM Slaving
3) They can have moody

professorlight

Ice Queen

Illumise and volbeat: illumise is completely useless and stupid-looking, and volbeat is also stupid-looking. The worst part is that despite the evident lack of good, usable bug-type moves by gen III, GF goes and gives the bastard TWO, that is 2, due, dos, a couple, 1 + 1, 2 x 1, 4 / 2, etc, exclusive and good bug-type moves. Since GF is not completely stupid, signal beam was later assigned to a lot of pokemon (even to some that didn't make too much sense), but volbeat still has tail glow as an exclusive, one of the most awesome moves (and it even got a god damn overhaul in gen V, raising 3 levels of sp. att. THREE F****** LEVELS! just to volbeat!), and the one that should be the signature move of the mareep family (and anyone who mentions that its real name is "firefly light": I will hunt you down) wasted in a stupid, squishable bug, so, you know, I kind of hate him. No, I don't hate him, I really really reaaaaaaaally dislike him.

snubbull and granbull: snubull is ugly as f***, I had no qualms with granbull, but now they are fairy type, against all logic, so f*** 'em.

pikachu: I never disliked the yellow rat, but I'm kind of sick of it, with pokemon trying to push it constantly in absolutely everything. Guys, you've got like 800 unique, excellent pokemon, why not give the rat an honorable discharge and move on?

glameow and purugly: mars's purugly, fake out, hypnosis and night slash. nuff said.

bronzor and bronzong: this bastards have only two weaknesses, and then they have an ability that removes one of them. RANDOMLY.

Any wild pokemon who naturally gets a parafusion moveset and any pokemon with sturdy, especially when they appear in a horde battle.

hawlucha: F*** HAWLUCHA

EDIT: oh, oh, yes, THE ELEMENTAL MONKEYS! people complain about the lack of new pokemon in X and Y, but in BW we had those bastards taking up 6 possible slots with something that was just the same person pokemon cloned with a few different elemental moves, and didn't even had the variety and creativity of the starters, just so the first gym could have three "different" gym leaders to teach the players something cheren and bianca already teach them, just in case they didn't know already from years of playing the damn games or, you know, basic logic? The whole striaton city gym is so superfluous that paris hilton is suing GF for stripping her of her title.

EDIT 2: wobbuffet and throh. you all know why.

Professor Palutena

The Queen

POLITOED

Chesnaught and Barbaracle are also really lame looking. Like really lame looking.

Magnezone, Rhyperior and Dusknoir are all really unnecessary in my opinion. They're all just minor buffs that don't change the previous stage's viability much.

Like half of the fifth gen designs because they just seem... pointless. Three monkeys? A rock monster? A CLOWN WITH CINDER BLOCKS?

bacon

!!!!!

mega safariblade said:
Noooo Swoobat & Woobat are two of my favs!

Yeah seriously. GF took the generic bat trope and actually did something original with it. I really don't get why so many people dislike these guys.

Tuffcookie22

Aspiring Trainer

I have a few..lol..
Zubat, Swoobat, heck, ALL of the bat pokemon! I think I'm just sick of them. I mean, EVERY cave in EVERY region? Why not cool glow worm pokemon? Or even naked mole rat pokemon? ANYTHING but constant BATS!! gaaaahhh!

Next is Mega Mewtwo Y-When I first saw this I thought it was a joke. Seriously. I think my exact words where "Why does Mewtwo have an after-market spoiler on it's head??" It just looks dumb and doesn't seem to have a real purpose. :/

Lastly, Magikarp. I know that without it I would never have Gyrados and that would suck but JEBUS! talk about jumping up the evolutionary chain!

Yup, There are others that I would say I dislike..but these I genuinely hate. lol. -Pam

Dialkia198

Too lazy to put something new here

There are many Pokemon that I do not particularly care for, but of all Pokemon, I hate Diggersby more than anything. I mean, I'm glad that they decided to stray away from cute mammal pokemon that evolves into bigger cute mammal pokemon...but seriously, they could've done a lot better. Diggersby has, like, no redeeming qualities.

Hydrofoil Goat

Goat on a boat!

Cubchoo, ugliest thing around. Wipe yer damn nose!

Other than that, can't think of too many off the top of my head. Gen V was pretty hit and miss for me. Trubbish/Garbodor and the icecream pokemon are just awful.

Seismitoad537

Pokemon Master

My least favorite Pokémon are Hawlucha and Chimchar.

Hawlucha - I hate the design and how pointless this Pokémon is. It's an ugly parrot wrestler that's not even strong. It doesn't evolve into something better. I've hated it ever since it was leaked. Hawlucha is ugly, stupid, and downright weak. I've battled the champion about 23 times, and it has never defeated one of Pokémon.
Chimchar- Ugh. My least favorite Pokémon.It's so overrated and wimpy. It looks like you could just step on it and kill it. I think what really did it in for me was when the anime featured about 25 episodes all about Chimchar and Paul and Blaze and stupid stuff.

Reggie McGigas

-

Dialkia198 said:
There are many Pokemon that I do not particularly care for, but of all Pokemon, I hate Diggersby more than anything. I mean, I'm glad that they decided to stray away from cute mammal pokemon that evolves into bigger cute mammal pokemon...but seriously, they could've done a lot better. Diggersby has, like, no redeeming qualities.

Diggersby is a fun name to pronounce, but other than that he is a basically pointless pokemon.

Chaos Jackal

Legend of the Past

Pikachu. Pikachu. And Pikachu. Overrated in the anime, annoying cry, hard to find, needs Stone to evolve, and is a yellow rat. Oh, and it was my brother's Pokemon in PMD Red Rescue Team.

Grumpigfarmer

Gonna arty like it's my birthday(Cuz it was)

I have my favorites but I like almost all Pokemon. The only Pokemon I don't like are Jynx and Mr. Mime, there are just so strange!!!

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant

Dialkia198 said:

I think Diggersby is like the no1 disliked 6th gen mon :p

I really hate it, and I first saw it when I was starting to warm up to Bunnelby