What Hobbies Do You Have Besides Pokémon?

Writing is hard, but fun. I've tried writing before, Pokemon and otherwise, but never finished anything :(

I feel your pain. I started a Pokemon fanfiction back in 2009 called Lucario & the 10 Ordeals. I managed to write about 52,000 words before I stopped about halfway through the story and never really picked it up again.

I feel your pain. I started a Pokemon fanfiction back in 2009 called Lucario & the 10 Ordeals. I managed to write about 52,000 words before I stopped about halfway through the story and never really picked it up again.

I've tried things from Pokemon to Need for Speed to superheroes to Future Card Buddyfight. Never got far in any of them.

Hoo boy, this is a doozy...
  • Gaming (Mostly video games, but a friend of mine got me into Vanguard)
  • Collecting (Steven Universe merch, video game merch, and precious/semiprecious gemstones are my current thing)
  • Astronomy/Cosmology
  • Running a swap meet stall with a friend of mine (technically not a hobby, but the first and second examples are included in what we sell)
I've been trying to boost my gemstone collection as of late, the only examples I have are an unknown mineral and a glass gem.

For me, my main hobby is playing football (soccer) for the local team. It is mostly just a bunch of my friends from school but that means that it is alot more relaxed than training and playing for a real football team. I also enjoy listening to and occasionally writing rap freestyle versus. Anyone else? Or is it just me xD:cool:
Web programming is the main thing I do outside of Pokemon. It can be frustrating at times, but very rewarding when you build something from the ground up and it works.
I can imagine, what program do you use to code in?

Last edited by a moderator:
Cooking/Food, Fitness, Everything Nintendo, Art, & Music. That's about all I have time for. :)

I like playing flute, I draw a lot and whenever I can I watch as much anime, Adventure Time, Steven Universe and Doctor Who as possible. I also play video games. Lots, and lots, of video games.

Playing a clarinet like a boss, drawing (pacifically my fursona), and playing MTG casually (not for long).
EDIT: Also play a lot of fighting games, mainly Mortal Kombat X

I love doing sports, especially table tennis in my local club but I also like playing football and basketball at home. Besides that, I play FIFA a lot but it annoys me sometimes haha

I like playing soccer/football with my tiny claws. I also like video games a lot, eventhough I am bad at every video game, because my wings can't do everything at the same time. I am mostly active during the day, but I am not a bird that likes to be in the sun a lot.

I love Broadway Musicals so I collect Playbills and I also loved my first experience being in the Musical at my High School as a Freshman last year. The best part was I got the chance to be in the Musical with my Big Sister who was a Senior.

Even outside of Pokemon, I'm primarily a gamer. I've been a fan of Nintendo games for over 15 years and I have several of their consoles and play a lot of their series (Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Yoshi, Kirby, Mario Kart). Beyond that I do watch a lot of Cartoon Network and Comedy Central. I've also started watching American football and root for my hometown team, the Baltimore Ravens.

not much for hobbies but i have an old hand-me-down guitar that i practice on every now and then

Let' see, outside of Pokémon tcg, tv shows and tvg I:

Collecting comics: right now it's Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel and Faith, Charmed, Ninja Turtles Amazing Adventures, IDW Ninja Turtles ongoing series and Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers. Will add TMNT Universe to that list when it starts. I collected Star Trek and Jurassic Park at one point too.
Video games: Tastes vary. Playing The Last of Us Remastered now, but also play RPG's like Final Fantasy and the Tales series and first person shooters like Doom and Resident Evil. Also have various other things like some of the Ninja Turtles games or Dying Light. I've also played a lot of the Mario games and Smash series.
Yugioh: I primarily collect the cards, the stuff I like. Playing has become to complex for me since I don't do enough to be competitive. In the past I've collected and played card games for Star Trek, Buffy and Sailor Moon.
Reading: Into lots of things; Buffy, Angel, Charmed, Star Trek. I've read the Vampire Academy series, the Sunshine Girl books...really a lot of them are science fiction or horror types.
TV: Very interesting spectrum here. I watch programs like WWE Raw/Smackdown, Walking Dead and Vampire Diaries/The Originals on one hand while on the other is the Nickelodeon TMNT and lots of the Disney stuff.
Writing: Not on a professional level. Most of it is fan fiction based on my interests. I've done things for Turtles, Power Rangers, Pokémon, Buffy, Scream and Descendants. Never did finish any of those stories though the Descendants one is still ongoing and ties in with a few of my past stories.
I've roleplayed a little though it's been a few years since I did it. It was between D&D and GURPS. Never did complete any of those campaigns though.

I have a few different hobbies outside of pokemon, as a matter of fact.
I like to write poetry and songs
Invest in music, for my alone time with my thoughts, as well as to cure boredom
I sometimes like to read the news around the world. (searching out the good parts are hard sometimes)
I am not a church person, but I'd like to go again one time.
Digital art/GFX work I do a lot of
Manga I like to read and on occasion nowadays
I collect anime figurines/models

That's about it for now. Besides that, I think I am a rather boring person/like too normal.

Besides playing a lot of indie games, I spend a good amount of time trying different things. I might have forgotten some but so far I've tried:
-Digital art and graphical design (I still do this very often)
-Music producing (still learning the basics)
-Writing both an original story and a Pokémon fanfiction (both are terrible and cringy, don't make me talk about them)
-Programming and coding (I've learned HTML and CSS and I was learning Java but stopped because I didn't have much free time)
I've tried so many things more but these are the only ones I can remember. I think I've touched so many creative things but I still wanna try more. Any suggestion?

I have quite a bit of hobbies other than Pokémon.

* Video Games
* Nintendo
* Anime
* The Danganronpa Series
* The Ace Attorney Series
* Music
* Collecting Comics

Photography, poetry, collecting all sorts of things, and most importantly, fangirling. XD

Unless you couldn't tell from my avatar, I'm a huge My Little Pony fan. I've seen every episode and have a huge collection of figures, etc. that would rival my Pokemon collection.

I also like random facts and trivia and I'm hugely into trivia game shows like Jeopardy! and Who Wants to be a Millionaire. Even though Millionaire is nowhere near as good as it used to be ever since they changed their format (that and they haven't had a winner in 10+ years), the old episodes give me a huge burst of nostalgia.
I still have a collection of MLP toys, including 100-something blind bags. I love trivia shows too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back