Pokemon What Drives You Crazy in Pokémon?

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
I for one loathe it when Pokémon, like Braixen look girly, but are actually rarely female! Other such Pokémon are the Chikorita line, Espeon, Glaceon, Panpour line, Amaura line and Sylveon. Why make any of them particularly girly looking? What were they thinking?!
I don't mind Pokémon like Gardevoir, but that's because it's 50/50 and there's Gallade.

At least they didn't screw up as much with the male-looking Pokémon, well, other than Snubbull.

Victorsaurus

Aspiring Trainer
RE: What drives you crazy in Pokémon? (Please explain)

I feel awkward using Pokemon Amie with Braxion, anyways.

(anime) Ash with his lack of not catching lots of Pokémon. He still does not have even 100 different creatures, he even ignores the legendaries.

(merch) lots of Japan exclusive and too many items to buy/can't afford.

(card game) to many cards that are not good for playing. I would love to use a deck with Larvitar, Pachirisu, Charmander, Amaura and some other Pokémon that I like and not easily get beaten.

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
If Ash started to capture lots of Pokémon, then it'd be like BW again, as there weren't that many fights in that series and Ash just ended up neglecting most of his Pokémon. At least in XY he's sticking with just 3, so even if one gets neglected, they'll probably get used sooner or later.

MountainDrew

Wishes Mega Umbreon would exist
What drives me crazy is that Zangoose can't learn cut!!! I mean really he has giant claws, but he can't cut down a tree. I really hope they fix this in ORAS

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant
Blob55 said:
If Ash started to capture lots of Pokémon, then it'd be like BW again, as there weren't that many fights in that series and Ash just ended up neglecting most of his Pokémon. At least in XY he's sticking with just 3, so even if one gets neglected, they'll probably get used sooner or later.

technically he isn't sticking with 3 in XY as in the episode just gone he caught a Hawlucha xD
But I see what you mean... I'd rather him have less Pokemon and so each can get character development and good screen time.

Something bugging me is the Pokemon getting Mega Evolutions.
Stuff like Lucario, Garchomp and Mewtwo that didn't really need a power boost getting them, whereas there are some pokemon that really could do with a power boost.
On that same note... I think Mawile, Sableye, Absol and Banette could've done with regular evolutions... sure their Megas are decent (obviously discounting Sableye as we can't make any judgement without knowing its base stats) but what they really need is something permanent. Not necessarily that the Megas are just regular evolutions... but that they have something better as a base form.

CF1994

Aspiring Trainer
The unfairly manipulative AI in EVERY battle facility! (Emerald's Battle Frontier, DP/Pt's Battle Tower, X/Y's Battle Maison, etc.) This one's self explanatory.

The amount of ridiculous requests on the GTS. Seriously, guys. No one's gonna give you their shiny Arceus or Xerneas for your generic Bunnelby or Rattata!

Leaf_Ranger

Knight of Nature and Pokémon
Hum...Mega-evolutions namely because some of the designs are great but temporary and some Pokémon deserved an actual evolution and not just some make-up focused on battles, not having at least some merchandise here in Portugal and more widely in Europe because we always get last and almost nothing, namely when it's about special versions of consoles, bundles & toys, the anime that keeps featuring that useless and dumb Ash, Barry in the games and Gary Oak in Gen.I/III.

PS: ah yes, Rangers wearing red and no longer being focused on Grass-Pokémon.

Last edited:

KamonSurge

Aspiring Trainer
You know what I was surprised with Pokemon X and Y, in the English version. A lack of more traditional Japanese clothing. I understand that Kalos is set in a kind of France like setting. But Japan has never been shy of adding in Japanese Kimonos and Japanese wears. It would have just been nice. Also the lack of male hairstyles and the lack of male customization in X. The girls get all the good stuff.

Otherwise, humanoid Pokemon in Amie are always weird. Like Chespin's mid evolution. *shudders*

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
KamonSurge said:
You know what I was surprised with Pokemon X and Y, in the English version. A lack of more traditional Japanese clothing. I understand that Kalos is set in a kind of France like setting. But Japan has never been shy of adding in Japanese Kimonos and Japanese wears. It would have just been nice. Also the lack of male hairstyles and the lack of male customization in X. The girls get all the good stuff.

Otherwise, humanoid Pokemon in Amie are always weird. Like Chespin's mid evolution. *shudders*

I think the males get all the good clothes (Other than the fact Females get more Fedoras), as the males get a Pangoro hat, long shorts, better tops and overall just better clothes. I wish you could wear anything, despite your gender and I don't like that you're forced to wear what the majority do, like short shorts on girls.

KamonSurge

Aspiring Trainer
Blob55 said:
KamonSurge said:

I think the males get all the good clothes (Other than the fact Females get more Fedoras), as the males get a Pangoro hat, long shorts, better tops and overall just better clothes. I wish you could wear anything, despite your gender and I don't like that you're forced to wear what the majority do, like short shorts on girls.

Have we been playing the same game?

Let me see here girls get:

Dresses
Shorts
Pants
Shirts
Jackets
Hats
Different Bag Styles

Guys get:

All the recoloring of the default clothes and t-shirts
Why do I have a fedora and no suit option?
Where are some trench coats
Some jackets
Maybe some more formal wear
Where are some cool looking special clothing

Girl's hairstyles get:
Different bangs which provide them 6 different options

Guy's hairstyles get:
Three oh boy three, four if you count the medium perm

Yeahhhhhh.....girls have better stuff

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
Well, I aggree that girls get more hair options, but I just don't like the style of clothes the girls have, compared to boys.

KamonSurge

Aspiring Trainer
Blob55 said:
Well, I aggree that girls get more hair options, but I just don't like the style of clothes the girls have, compared to boys.

We just get t-shirts and a default jacket recolored.

Um.....how is that better than, sailor shirts, bowey shirts, lacey skirts, short shorts, etc.

We get just pants and the same t-shirts recolored. We have no other style than boy.

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
I hate Lacey clothes, I hate bows, I hate Short shorts and I hate sailor shirts. When I play Pokémon Y, I just end up sticking to re-coloured default clothes, because they're the only ones I like.

KamonSurge

Aspiring Trainer
I like to have fancy outfits though. Kind of an out of character moment for me. But Kamon is the son of Sabrina and LT. Surge. I like putting him in showing clothes. When I draw him. He has capes, military style uniforms just the style, he wears suits with caplets. He's a bit arrogant. And t-shirts and recolored default jackets is so plain compared to his arrogant, over confident, maybe zealous personality.

Customization was suppose to be able to express ourselves as a trainer. And I'd love to express myself alongside my Pokemon.

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
Just the AI spamming priority moves, especially Protect or Detect. They just make me drive myself up a wall.

KamonSurge

Aspiring Trainer
Tails said:
Just the AI spamming priority moves, especially Protect or Detect. They just make me drive myself up a wall.

Me too. Cause Kamon is about hitting hard and outlasting Pokemon.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Nothing in Pokemon drives me crazy quite like the successful double protect.

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
PMJ said:
Nothing in Pokemon drives me crazy quite like the successful double protect.

In Chuggaaconroy's playthrough of Pokemon Emerald, a Battle Girl's Meditite outside Fortree was able to use Detect five times in a row without failure.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
That's just lulz. It's two that's infuriating. Any more after that and you're just trolling.

FoxFire

Fox Pokemon Rule!
People who keep six uber-legendaries in their Battle Box.

The aforementioned AI 'luck'.

My inability to remember the Gen 6 type advantage/disadvantages.