Event What deck to play for Portland Regionals?

FacepalmMaster

1 2 3 5 6 7 8 9
with portland regionals coming up in about a month, I thought I should figure out what deck to play so I can addictively playtest that one instead of another that I would not end up bringing to the tournament.
Anyways, here are the decks I have:
Zoroark/Lycanroc: I´d need to get my hands on 1-2 more Bridgette, 2 more puzzle of time, and another Zoroark for this one
Zoroark/Gardevoir: I need the same stuff as listed above plus 2 Gardevoir, I've been playtesting it with proxies and I've really been enjoying this deck.
Buzzwole/Lycanroc: this deck is %100 done, but I don´t like how the deck runs. something about it to me seems clunky
Buzzwole/Garbodor:(I haven't played this deck in my life, so I don't know if it would be a good idea...)
Volcanion EX/Turtnator: this was my first competitive deck and I feel the most comfortable playing it, I´m just not sure about its viability
Vika/Bulu: I don´t seem to be very good at getting a turn 2 Vikavolt...
Drampa/Garb: I actually like this deck, I play a copy of SLG Hoopa, Necrozma GX to hit numbers better, and Espeon GX for an early game attacker

The Last Shaymin

Floof
with portland regionals coming up in about a month, I thought I should figure out what deck to play so I can addictively playtest that one instead of another that I would not end up bringing to the tournament.
Anyways, here are the decks I have:
Zoroark/Lycanroc: I´d need to get my hands on 1-2 more Bridgette, 2 more puzzle of time, and another Zoroark for this one
Zoroark/Gardevoir: I need the same stuff as listed above plus 2 Gardevoir, I've been playtesting it with proxies and I've really been enjoying this deck.
Buzzwole/Lycanroc: this deck is %100 done, but I don´t like how the deck runs. something about it to me seems clunky
Buzzwole/Garbodor:(I haven't played this deck in my life, so I don't know if it would be a good idea...)
Volcanion EX/Turtnator: this was my first competitive deck and I feel the most comfortable playing it, I´m just not sure about its viability
Vika/Bulu: I don´t seem to be very good at getting a turn 2 Vikavolt...
Drampa/Garb: I actually like this deck, I play a copy of SLG Hoopa, Necrozma GX to hit numbers better, and Espeon GX for an early game attacker
I would use Volcanion or zoroark/gardevoir, because I myself play volcanion and I have been having quite a bit of success with it. Also, Volcanion annihilates dusk mane necrozma, which is becoming a thing. Can you post your decklist?

FacepalmMaster

1 2 3 5 6 7 8 9
I would use Volcanion or zoroark/gardevoir, because I myself play volcanion and I have been having quite a bit of success with it. Also, Volcanion annihilates dusk mane necrozma, which is becoming a thing. Can you post your decklist?
yeah, but not now. I need to get all the cards back together for the deck. Right now all my resources are in buzzwole lycanroc : p

Chicken Nugget Master

I had the munchies when I came up with my username
I would agree with The Last Shaymin, Turtles or ZoroVoir is definitely the best option. ZoroVoir is the superior of the two, but Turtles has an advantage against all the decks ZoroVoir finds difficult. Either of those two is definitely the play. I do like the thought of Zoroark/Lucario, but it doesn't come out until early March, so I'm not sure if it'll be a good option as you wouldn't have as much time to test it.

FacepalmMaster

1 2 3 5 6 7 8 9
actually, getting all the cards together was easier than I thought.
this is the list:
Pokemon-11
3 Volcanion EX
2 Turtonator GX
3 Baby Volc
1 Oranguru
1 Marshadow
1 Tapu Lele GX
Energy-14
14 basic fire energy
Trainers-35
3 N
3 Sycamore
3 Guzma
2 Cynthia
1 Kiawe
3 Brooklet Hill
2 Max Elexir
4 Ultra Ball
3 Float Stone
3 FFB
3 Choice Band
2 Enhanced Hammer
1 Field Blower (it´s all I have)
1 Energy retrieval
1 Rescue Stretcher
I know it needs some edits

FacepalmMaster

1 2 3 5 6 7 8 9
Here´s a list of all the cards I want to add
1 Ho-Oh GX-helps a lot against Glaceon
1 Dawn wings Necrozma GX-makes deck flow better
1 pal pad-helps consistency
more max elexirs

The Last Shaymin

Floof
I would drop the choice bands(you have ffb and choice, only go with one), energy retreival, oranguru, rescue stretcher(dont worry about discarded pokemon) and the marshadow.
7 spare card slots

+1 ho-oh
+2 max elixir
+1 more lele
+1 volc EX
+1 Baby volc
+1 fire energy

FacepalmMaster

1 2 3 5 6 7 8 9
I would drop the choice bands(you have ffb and choice, only go with one), energy retreival, oranguru, rescue stretcher(dont worry about discarded pokemon) and the marshadow.
7 spare card slots

+1 ho-oh
+2 max elixir
+1 more lele
+1 volc EX
+1 Baby volc
+1 fire energy
i can´t afford a second lele
add the oranguru back instead?
the choice band is almost a lifeline under ability lock, i´d like to keep at least 1

FacepalmMaster

1 2 3 5 6 7 8 9
I would agree with The Last Shaymin, Turtles or ZoroVoir is definitely the best option. ZoroVoir is the superior of the two, but Turtles has an advantage against all the decks ZoroVoir finds difficult. Either of those two is definitely the play. I do like the thought of Zoroark/Lucario, but it doesn't come out until early March, so I'm not sure if it'll be a good option as you wouldn't have as much time to test it.
what about Buzzwole Lycanroc?

Chicken Nugget Master

I had the munchies when I came up with my username
what about Buzzwole Lycanroc?
I have played Buzz/Roc, but it tends to brick a little when you don't get what you need. Zoroark is very consistent, and turtles doesn't require much to keep hitting, it's slow but strong. You could play it if that's what you think is best, but it's not me going to this regionals, it's your call at the end of the day.

FacepalmMaster

1 2 3 5 6 7 8 9
I have played Buzz/Roc, but it tends to brick a little when you don't get what you need. Zoroark is very consistent, and turtles doesn't require much to keep hitting, it's slow but strong. You could play it if that's what you think is best, but it's not me going to this regionals, it's your call at the end of the day.
yeah, i agree with that. i was kinda just wondering about why you didn´t list it in those decks that you would consider
ya, i put it in my original post to this thread

GamePhoenix

Fellow Mortal
Unrelated to what this tread is mainly about, my favorite deck is VikaBulu so if you send me that list I could help you with it!

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
As of right now I can help you cross off one deck, that's VikaBulu, with Garbodor seeing the end of its two year lifespan, people are using it a LOT. So that means Vikavolt is prone to being shut down, and there goes your entire deck.

FacepalmMaster

1 2 3 5 6 7 8 9
As of right now I can help you cross off one deck, that's VikaBulu, with Garbodor seeing the end of its two year lifespan, people are using it a LOT. So that means Vikavolt is prone to being shut down, and there goes your entire deck.
I wasn´t exactly planning on playing VikaBulu anyways...

I might have if I ever got good at getting a vikavolt within the first 4 turns