Help What Deck Should I Build?

The Evil Sneasel

Aspiring Trainer
Hello all, TES here.
It's that time of the Season where I'm building a number of decks for any situation as the meta is still trying to be established, (The BDIF is not yet well known.) There are a few BDsIF (Best DECKS in Format) such as VikaRay, BuzzGarb, Zororoc etc. The Decks I have already built are; SPAS:BuzzGarb, Metagross/Solgaleo and Mono Psychic. My options are with thoughts.

Zoropod.
- Even Match Up with SPAS. This is because Zoropod usually plays 1 max potion and 2/3 Acerola.
- When Going against SPAS. Weakness Policy, Devoured Field could win a game.
- KO Magcargo will disrupt consistency.
- Good matchup against Zororoc. This is because It OHKO Lycanroc (w/no weakness policy)
- Once Lycanroc goes down it's a zoroark vs zoropod match in which with an extra attacker and extra healing power zoropod should win.
- Favoured Match against mono psychic. Resistance against psychic but weak against marshadow. Mono psychic starting to tech in field blowers (1 or 2) to combat weakness policies. But can OHKO malamars w/ ease. (2 energy on zoroark and at least one energy on golisopod)
- Unknown about VikaRay. Could use dedenne to my advantage. (But could be clunky because you would need koko on your bench.) What's your opinion.

Zororoc.
- Even Match Up with SPAS. Can take OHKO (w/ weakness policy and devoured field.)
- Abuse Diancie PRISM to take OHKO w/ Lycanroc GX to not risk Zoroark going down. (Rather attack w/ lycanroc to save the draw engine.)
- Slightly unfavoured against Zoropod (reasons listed above)
- Favoured against mono psychic. Resistance against psychic but weak against marshadow. Mono psychic starting to tech in field blowers (1 or 2) to combat weakness policies. Can OHKO malamar w/ ease but takes 3 energy (lycanroc) or 2 energy (Zoroark)
- Unknown about VikaRay.

VikaBulu.
- Slightly unfavoured against SPAS Decks. (Especially Buzz weavile)
- Can Brick.
- Vikaray is more consistent. (Don't have 4 rays. :()
- Starting to be teched against. (weakness policies)

Any Other decks? If so please provide why I should Play and where to find a good decklist etc. \

SPAS: Single Prize Attackers with Shrine

Hello all, TES here.
It's that time of the Season where I'm building a number of decks for any situation as the meta is still trying to be established, (The BDIF is not yet well known.) There are a few BDsIF (Best DECKS in Format) such as VikaRay, BuzzGarb, Zororoc etc. The Decks I have already built are; SPAS:BuzzGarb, Metagross/Solgaleo and Mono Psychic. My options are with thoughts.

Zoropod.
- Even Match Up with SPAS. This is because Zoropod usually plays 1 max potion and 2/3 Acerola.
- When Going against SPAS. Weakness Policy, Devoured Field could win a game.
- KO Magcargo will disrupt consistency.
- Good matchup against Zororoc. This is because It OHKO Lycanroc (w/no weakness policy)
- Once Lycanroc goes down it's a zoroark vs zoropod match in which with an extra attacker and extra healing power zoropod should win.
- Favoured Match against mono psychic. Resistance against psychic but weak against marshadow. Mono psychic starting to tech in field blowers (1 or 2) to combat weakness policies. But can OHKO malamars w/ ease. (2 energy on zoroark and at least one energy on golisopod)
- Unknown about VikaRay. Could use dedenne to my advantage. (But could be clunky because you would need koko on your bench.) What's your opinion.

Zororoc.
- Even Match Up with SPAS. Can take OHKO (w/ weakness policy and devoured field.)
- Abuse Diancie PRISM to take OHKO w/ Lycanroc GX to not risk Zoroark going down. (Rather attack w/ lycanroc to save the draw engine.)
- Slightly unfavoured against Zoropod (reasons listed above)
- Favoured against mono psychic. Resistance against psychic but weak against marshadow. Mono psychic starting to tech in field blowers (1 or 2) to combat weakness policies. Can OHKO malamar w/ ease but takes 3 energy (lycanroc) or 2 energy (Zoroark)
- Unknown about VikaRay.

VikaBulu.
- Slightly unfavoured against SPAS Decks. (Especially Buzz weavile)
- Can Brick.
- Vikaray is more consistent. (Don't have 4 rays. :()
- Starting to be teched against. (weakness policies)

Any Other decks? If so please provide why I should Play and where to find a good decklist etc. \

SPAS: Single Prize Attackers with Shrine
I think I might have a good one. If you’re going against the meta, go Tapu Koko in Lost Thunder. You hit 130 for Shrine Decks, Acerola up any damaged Kokos and use Electric Power and Choice Band and Kukui to OHKO everything else.

@Lord Goomy Thank You for your input. I forgot to say that I am Australian and Lost Thunder Isn't released until Late October/Early November in Australian Stores. Thats a deck I will definitely be testing when lost thunder is released.

@Lord Goomy Thank You for your input. I forgot to say that I am Australian and Lost Thunder Isn't released until Late October/Early November in Australian Stores. Thats a deck I will definitely be testing when lost thunder is released.
It hasn't been released for me either, but it's still nice to plan.
Good luck on the wait.

Zoro/Weavile gonna take over the world!
I mean get taken out of pools after facing buzz/garb..

I just tested out Zoroark/Lycanroc and it's actually quite good against most decks. But if Passimian starts to get popular, that might be an issue.

I've just been playing gascan (marshadowgx/malamar) this season, with some tweaks to fit my country's meta. I feel like it sets up faster and better against other decks in the format. Just watched Frankfurt regionals stream and someone had 3 inkays prized vs zoropod and still managed to win lol...

I've just been playing gascan (marshadowgx/malamar) this season, with some tweaks to fit my country's meta. I feel like it sets up faster and better against other decks in the format. Just watched Frankfurt regionals stream and someone had 3 inkays prized vs zoropod and still managed to win lol...

Yup I agree with you bro. Doesn't take much for the deck to set-up, only worry the lack of draw power at certain times from my games.

I still think BuzzGarb is one of the best decks! It's easy to set up, pretty easy to pilot if you know what you're doing.
Check the top lists from past regional!

Back