What are your experiences with travel?

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
momoxmomo said:
I've never been to the Anaheim Disney. Is is good? Worth going to?

Disneyland (Anaheim) is good, but not quite as immerse as Disney World (Orlando): 2 parks versus 4, less resorts, and the "joy" of being near LA instead or Orlando. It does have it's charms, and I would recommend both, but if I had to pick one or the other, I would definitely go DW over DL.

Some of the things DL has over DW: Different sections/amusements, such as the section based on Pixar's Cars. I guess this will be in DW at some point, but for now, it's just in DL. Also, while there are a lot of the same rides, the rides are actually different, though built on the same themes. For example, DL's "Pirates of the Caribbean" is different (and, in my opinion, better) than DW's "Pirates" ride. This is true for all of the various Disney parks as well; apparently Disneyland Paris has the best "Haunted Mansion" so I can't wait to try that one when we go there. :D

But with DW you just have so many more options for restaurants, resorts, parks, etc. Plus, DW has Epcot, which is just the best, so, yeah. >.>

Ice Jackal said:
You won't stop me :p.
I know that NYC isn't as great as some picture it, but still... I have a liking for big cities, and there are a few personal reasons for me to want to visit it.

My goal wasn't to "stop" you or anything, just kind of a general amusing story about how NYC can seem to people used to different types of cities, especially from Europe. American cities are quite a bit different than European cities in general. I do hope you enjoy it, but also make sure to give some of the other American "big cities" a chance. :p

Chaos Jackal

Legend of the Past
I will. Hopefully I'll manage to do an around-America trip to meet as many of the PokeBeach members as possible. That would be an amazing travelling experience...

Haunted Water

DEFT Lunar
If you go to Detroit CB, tell me. I'll stop you from that and show you the much safer little sister city, Port Huron.

Fearzy

Coordinator
I've been out of the US only twice. Though, its nothing really to brag about. Mexico and Canada. (though, I was really little when I visited Canada and don't remember it).
I've always told my wife that I want to travel, and we both have the same dream.
We've been all over the Eastern Side of the US and visit florida every year. We have a date to visit Cali in 2015 (star Wars convention).

My dream is to visit Japan though. I have family out there and I'd love to meet them. :) i'm
Japanese, and my grandmother goes out there all the time to visit her sister... I'd love to meet them someday. <33!

Omanyte

Aspiring Trainer
This is a good thread! Very interesting to read lots of people's experiences. Myself, I've been to different parts of the US: Memphis (lots of music like someone mentioned earlier), Florida (mostly hot beaches, I don't care for it all that much but I can see why it's popular), California (nice state, but too expensive to live in), and other places I'm probably forgetting.

Outside the US in the Americas, I've been to Canada, Mexico, and Costa Rica. In Europe, I've been to Ireland and Turkey. Ireland was a great place, lots of history and nature. I believe someone here wanted to go there, I'd recommend it! Turkey was also cool, unlike any other place I've ever been to. So many sights, I would recommend it as well.

I want to go to Japan someday. I'm normally not a big fan of cities, but Tokyo just seems like a very unique place to visit. Plus there's some family history in Okinawa, so I want to go there and see it.

Red Rain said:
If you go to Detroit CB, tell me. I'll stop you from that and show you the much safer little sister city, Port Huron.

Being from the area, I wanted to say that Detroit proper isn't safe, but the Metro area has some of the nicest suburbs in the country. Plus there's a lot to see like the Henry Ford museum and the Downtown area. Don't mean to nitpick, just wanted to say that!

Spartan Sceptile

Just goin for a walk....
I live in Australia and ive never been anywhere apart from my home (NSW) and the ACT, im gonna go on a holiday to queensland with my family at the end of the year so I should have a good time.

Prince Dedenne

Elite Shiny Hunter
I've never left the US but I leave my state by car every month and usually ride 1-3 planes a year.
States I've been in:
- Maryland (born & lived)
- DC
- Pennsylvania
- Virginia
- Tennessee
- North Carolina (live)
- South Carolina
- Georgia (lived)
- Texas
- Nebraska
- Colorado

Eagle4

Aspiring Trainer
My family is quite middle-class (English-wise), so we ge to visit a ton of different countries. The list (as far as I can remember)

France - Champagne, Calais, Le Touquet, Paris, Cannes,
Belgium - Brussells, Ypres
Italy - Sardinia, Rome, Venice (AMAZING), Florence, Milan, Naples
Spain - Barcelona, Madrid, Seville, Valencia, Ibiza
Hong Kong - Kowloon, Hong Kong Island, New Territory
Mainland China - Shanghai, Beijing
USA - Yosemite, San Francisco, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, San (can't remember), New York, Florida (can't remember, but it was near the Everglades)
Netherlands - Amsterdam, (can't remember)
Wales - (can't remember)
Austria - Vienna
Australia - Melbourne