General What Are the Best Nicknames for Each Pokémon?

RE: What are the Best Nicknames for Each Pokemon?

I tend to give my Pokémon human names.

Dale the Chesnaught (Chespin is sort of like a chipmunk, like Dale from the Mickey Mouse Cartoons)
Ness the Lapras (As in "Loch NESS Monster")
Jack the Hawlucha (Jack Black played a luchador in the movie "Nacho Libre")
Bea the Vespiquen (I named a bee Pokémon Bea. It's that simple.)
Chaz the Charizard (I used four of the letters in "Charizard")
Lucian the Lucario (Once again, I used a name that had several letters from the Pokémon's name.)
Thumper the Steelix (I didn't name it, I got it from an in-game trade.)

I nickname all of the Pokemon I use, whether for just roaming around or for online battles. I usually name my Pokemon after a move they use or something that just fits them well in my opinion. (sometimes something I find funny)

SeedsOfDoom the Breloom (bullet Seed on Technician Breloom... Nuff said.)
TitanFall the Golurk (mainly beacuse "SuperMegaRocketTitanDeathBringer" wouldn't fit..)
T-Wrecks the Tyrantrum (because everyone loves puns, right?)
FishyKing the Gyarados (started as a peasant fish, but became a ruler of the seas.)
FluffyFriend the Galvantula (he is my friend, and he is fluffy.)
DangJetShark the Garchomp (dang it, that giant jet shark is here again causing earthquakes)
ImNeverDying the Dusclops (obvious reason...)
ZenMaster the Alakazam (Alakazam's mega evo looks like a chill guy to hang with)
HellFire the Volcarona (one of my favorite fire types, and in my opinion one of the strongest)
IWatchUDine the Chandelure (I always imagine Chandelure just hanging over a table watching people eat dinner)

Aha, I've always loved nicknaming my pokemon in my games. I do have a couple of strange ones though sometimes :)

• Kipper - mostly assigned to Mudkip
  • Keys - Crobat
  • Jackson - Lucario

Those are the only ones I can think of at the moment whilst I'm sitting here since my memory is a bit hopeless sometimes.

Cloyster- Sinister - Just because.
Well thats it.

Renamon the (female) Fennekin/Braixen/Delphox. Obvious Digimon Tamers reference.

That's the best one I could come up with....

Umbra (Gastly)
Pluvio (Water starter)
They're Latin for what the Pokémon basically are. Also sound cool.
I typically name my mons Latin or German names. Mainly because I know a little bit of both.

RE: What Are the Best Nicknames for Each Pokemon?

I had two Lickitungs, one I named Gene Simmons the other I named GrlsBstFrend, but I traded them in Wonder Trade. ;)

I started naming all the Scatterbugs I caught for trade after British regions or other similar types of things. So right now I have Britannia, Gallia, Caledonia, Meridian and somewhere a Spewpa I caught wild whose name is Mercia, I think...

I don't usually name pokemon in the game but this time I have. I think it began a bit when I was playing White, since Vanillish was such a stupid name to me. I called her Yuki (Japanese for 'snow'). And because I had my original Gardevoir, now all ralts I catch or breed to be Gardevoir get names - so my second Emerald one was Erivoir and my one in Y so far is Saori.

Oh yes, I called my Honedge "Excalibur" but I guess that's an obvious one, right?

My Vespiquen is called Sepherina. I don't even know why.

Oh, and I went mad catching all the different Flabebe colours. Well, Flabebe sounds like flambe, so I named them all relating to their colours of flowers:
Gentian (blue)
Eglantine (White)
Abricot (Orange)
Soleil (Yellow)
Red Lady (Red)

Lostlorn the Serperior (named after the Unova forest)
Sylvia the Sylveon
Negai (wish; pray, etc.) the Jirachi
SutekiUta (beautiful song or something like that) the Meloetta

Also:
Not Zoroark the Zoroark XD

I usually use Superhero/GI Joe code names/Transformers names for my Poke's. Just think they sound cool, and it's always fun trying to find a name that relates to the Pokemon's design, origins, or abilities.

I have a Metagross named Think Tank.
Espeon - Brainstorm
Manectric - Weirdwolf (especially when he goes Mega)
Exploud - Banshee
Alakazam - Professor X
Poliwrath - Aquaman :)
Miltank - Wide Load

I'm at a loss for what to name my (Mega) Venusaur, but as bulky as he is, I'm thinking 'Roadblock'.

Its depending on my mood..
XdekX - Chimchar
DoXe - Gastly
XeZa - Mudkip

Sicarius the greninja. It's latin for assassin.

When I nickname Pokémon, it's usually the first thing that comes to my head. These can be anywhere from grammatical to historical or truly random! Here are a few of my favorites:

Hardhat the Aggron
Collision the Tyranitar
Shatter the Salamence
Corona the Espeon (during a solar eclipse, you can see the sun's corona-- the outermost pale glow)
Eclipse the Umbreon
Kindle the Talonflame
Hairday the Entei
Dr. Dentist the Feraligatr
Fingers the Sceptile
Steele the Skarmory
Faraday the Ampharos

Mr.Freeze the Slowbro, cause Ice moves are fun.
Carpool the Vileplume, Horde Farming
Kingsley the Slowking

I'm pretty sure that's as good as they get from me lol.

I've only nicknamed two Pokemon ever in Pokemon.

I nicknamed a Purrloin, Purritty. Mostly because I didn't like the name Purrloin and it was just a box pokemon.

And I nicknamed a Skiddo, Juneau because I didn't like the name Gogoat, and I felt the name fit it better.

Mojojo for infernape. (Do I really have to explain this one?)
Goku for ampharos (Not really original but I still like it)
Bruce for hitmonlee
Jackie for hitmonchan (obvious name is obvious)

I nicknamed my Alakazam "Lets eat!" because when coming out of the Pokeball I always imagine him says that with his 2 spoons
Its even funnier when he actually faints the first turn he enterd

I challenge you guys to come up with better names for Rotom, Talonflame, Hawlucha, and the Honedge line than Voltergeist (credit for that glorious name goes to Teapot, iirc), Pyrogrine, Hawk Hogan / Hawkamania, or Hexcalibur / Polterslice respectively.

Protip:
you can't

Back