Media What Annoys You Most About Youtube/Creators?

Kyle Brewer

YT Channel on Home Page of my profile :D
LET IT OUT!
My main thing is when I scroll through my feed and see nothing but thumbnails with arrows and circles with clearly photoshopped images inside the circles. Or when they stretch a video to 10 or 15 when it could easily be 5 or 7. I get why they do it but it soooooooo annoying.

Nyora

A Cat
I hate that people actually watch those videos. It is a HUGE waste of time and turns your mind to literal mush.

JadeGemTM

In terms of water, we have water
Forum Mod
I'm just against youtube in general.
I don't watch any youtube, waste of time. My sister will sit in front of the screen watching random shtuff all day and it bugs me so much. Anyway, that's my opinion on yt ^w^
I'm just against youtube in general is all.

Actually, I lied. I do watch some yt videos, as in TOP music videos. That is it though...

Draskk

Blast From The Past
I'm just against youtube in general.
I don't watch any youtube, waste of time. My sister will sit in front of the screen watching random shtuff all day and it bugs me so much. Anyway, that's my opinion on yt ^w^
I'm just against youtube in general is all.

Actually, I lied. I do watch some yt videos, as in TOP music videos. That is it though...
I saw TOP music videos, so I had to comment. :p

I only use YT for Pokémon videos and music videos. But I get really sick of all the Jake Paul kind of crap, even just from seeing it. YouTube is great in small doses but becomes cancer if you stay on too long.

Number51x

Blasting off at the speed of light!
Channels that needlessly split content or spin off other channels just for extra traffic.

Nebby Baggington

Bag Dweller
I would let it all out but I'm not trying to discover how many words I can put into a single post so the big ones are:

• Gaming channels in general, there are a few exceptions, but most lets plays boil down to nothing
  • Logan Paul
  • Logic's music, but that can apply more to him in general
  • Reaction Channels
  • I had no idea Leafy still made content
And that's about it

bbb888

Same user name as my Pokémon YouTube channel
LET IT OUT!
My main thing is when I scroll through my feed and see nothing but thumbnails with arrows and circles with clearly photoshopped images inside the circles. Or when they stretch a video to 10 or 15 whe it could easily be 5 or 7. I get why they do it but it soooooooo annoying.

On my videos, I don't use arrows and thingys in the thumbnails, I mostly use random screenshots that YouTube provides me.

I actually don't understand why some people stretch their videos... some of my videos are only 1 or 2 mins!! I try to mix up the variety by having short and long videos.

Who is Jake/Logan Paul?? Is he a PokeTuber?

There are many great educational, motivational, inspirational, and useful videos on YouTube!!!! Maybe you guys are looking in the wrong channels??

Kapu Riki

Spilling the T, sipping the Tapu Cocoa
I don't know if its just me, but the idea of compilation videos are stupid, especially when it is done by another YouTuber.

Like, why did you just rip all their videos and created your own video to get views? How about you get creative enough to make your own content, then earn you views? It's frustrating.

Also, Logan Paul is a ... donkey.

GrandPanacea

Thread Necromancer
Advanced Member
Clickbait, random screaming, and... Well, basically anything that PewDiePie does. >.>

PokeMedic

Don't talk to me or my Pokemon ever again
Articles Staff
I've been bothered by people who try to use it to enact social changes that they think are correct and proper. A lot of people smelling their own farts on YouTube. I have the same view of most things on the internet these days: everyone has a thought or belief for us to skim off them, but there really isn't a lot of cream that floats to the top.

Vracken

Just a Ghost of the Past
I watch a ton of youtube, it is an amazing resource for so many things. My biggest issue is people who try to force their personality, supper peppy, easily excitable for basically anything. Comes across as fake, and as such if they are talking about a product or service, I lose all interest in watching their review or whatever of that product.
Otherwise, people who become "youtube famous" for seemingly nothing. I don't understand why people mindlessly watching uninteresting people doing silly, annoying, or even sometimes illegal things.

Oh yea, and Clickbait, and flatout falsely advertised video's.

JadeGemTM

In terms of water, we have water
Forum Mod
I watch a ton of youtube, it is an amazing resource for so many things. My biggest issue is people who try to force their personality, supper peppy, easily excitable for basically anything. Comes across as fake, and as such if they are talking about a product or service, I lose all interest in watching their review or whatever of that product.
Otherwise, people who become "youtube famous" for seemingly nothing. I don't understand why people mindlessly watching uninteresting people doing silly, annoying, or even sometimes illegal things.

Oh yea, and Clickbait, and flatout falsely advertised video's.
This is a good point. I take back my hate on everything youtube before, it can be useful for some things. The problem I have with it, like Vrack said is just the random videos with people doing stupid things. My sister watches these all the time and it drives me crazy.

peer

Technical Machine
Forum Head
Subscription driven media as both a theory and in practice is terrible. especially when it's focused on the few-and-far-between successful content creators, and driven purely by revenue generated by less-than nice business practice.
(lets not even start on EMEA based content creators)

YouTube itself isn't bad as a media platform, but as a content platform? eeeeeh.

All I need is somewhere to watch dank memes and watch people be better at games than me, both I can get from twitch, lets be fair. YouTube just makes it easier.

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
What I hate about YouTube, is they feel the need to constantly change the visual look and feel about the player and how you view videos. It's like they constantly have the urge to fiddle with it, and they end up messing it up so bad; it's nearly unrecognizable.

Can't they just stick with a visual design, and keep it?

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
LET IT OUT!
My main thing is when I scroll through my feed and see nothing but thumbnails with arrows and circles with clearly photoshopped images inside the circles. Or when they stretch a video to 10 or 15 when it could easily be 5 or 7. I get why they do it but it soooooooo annoying.

I hate when my favorite YouTuber will be having a stream (Example: PrestonPlayz-Minecraft), then during that 2-3 hours stream, I'll get like 40 notifications about the stream, then I'll have to turn off notifications, that won't work, and I'll have to unsubscribe, and resubscribe when the stream's over.

It's sooooo annoying. :confused:o_O

Vracken

Just a Ghost of the Past
That is weird, I don't think that should be happening. I get one alert (which I have turned off) and an email, which I delete.

Aspiring Trainer
kids on youtube aged 17 to 23 arguing about how their favorite video game franchise or anime series is garbage nowadays and they know how to do a better job.

Here's an answer: apply for the job if you are serious about it.