Finished Werewolf XXXI: Grima's Rebirth - GAME OVER! TOWN WINS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vom

livin' in a lonely world
Forum Mod
CoByJ1Y.png

Credit for the original image goes to lastblues from deviantart!​

It was dark, darker than any battlefield he had ever been in. He looked around, but all he could see was endless darkness. He cried for help, called out for his family, but it was useless. No one could hear him, not from here.

Suddenly, a bright, green light started to shine behind him, followed by the sound of a harmonious, familiar voice.

“You’re a hard man to reach,” said the voice.

“N-Naga? What is this? Why are we here?”

“First of all, my apologies for disturbing your sleep. There was simply no other way, and not enough time.”

“What are you-”

“There is no time for explanations, old friend. The seal…it has been broken.”

At the sound of these words, he felt his heart stop, his eyes open wide.

“You mean…that seal?”

“Regrettably so, yes. He will be coming for you. And he will not come alone.”

“That fiend…the Shepherds must be alerted immediately!”

“Calm down. I have already visited them. They are all on their way. I shall try to come and help too. Good luck to you. I hate to say it, but...you will need it.”

With these words, the green light started to glow intensely, so much that he was blinded for a second. When his vision came back, he was sitting on his bed, covered in sweat and breathing heavily. He looked at his wife and caressed her cheek, sighing. Sadness filled his eyes. Will I ever be able to give you the life you deserve…?

The shadowy figure chuckled evilly. He, who had threatened the world for ages, and now a simple soldier thought he could stop him. He could feel the fool’s throat moving desperately, gasping for air as he tightened his grip around it. That feeling…to be able to control life…he had not experienced it for far too long.

“I...you’ll not... stop me”, he said in a slow, incredibly menacing tone. “I might have been trapped only for 2 months… but in my prison, time is different… 2 months…was 2000 years. 2000 years…without another soul near. 2000 years to plot my revenge. And now…TIME HAS COME!”

A loud snap was heard.

“Now, where was I…oh, right,” the shadow said, chuckling.

He waved at the castle doors, and they opened. The sentry gave the alarm and fighting started. But after 5 minutes, the only noise breaking the silence of the night were the cloaked man's steps.

When he arrived at the crypt, he found what he needed.

“Chrom’s fallen enemies…your master calls you!”

Immediately, the earth started to shake. The walls cracked, and those he had called stood up before him, as if nothing had ever happened to them.

“Now, all of you. I take it Chrom and his Shepherds put you where you were…I also take it you want revenge.”

Everyone nodded.

“Well, it must be your lucky day then. I just so happen to have a plan…one that I have planned for 2000 years. It’s flawless. I’ll use my powers to hide you from their eyes. They will see you…but they will see naught. Now that your identities are hidden…go! Split, and strike when the moment comes!”

With these words, all of them vanished, leaving the evil being alone.

“Now…they will distract you. But you are mine. I’ll find you…Ylissean,” he said, smirking.

Welcome, everyone, to Werewolf XXXI! This round of the well-known game will be hosted by your favorite evil genius, @Keeper of Night, and by yours truly. We hope you’ll enjoy playing as much as we enjoyed making it. ^.^

As you may (or may not) have noticed, this game’s theme is Fire Emblem: Awakening, one of our favorite games.

The Rules
  • Day phases last 5 days and Night phases last 3 days, unless specified otherwise.
  • Voting and unvoting is to be done in the following format: ##VERB: Name, ##UNVERB: Name. Votes that do not follow this format will not be counted.
  • Vote counts will be posted every ~24 hours, but if for any reason we miss it or if you feel like a vote count is important at that moment, feel free to ask for one.
    However, do note that you may have to support your reasons.
  • Once a majority is reached, the player with the most votes will be lynched.
  • If the Day phase ends and majority has not been reached, the player with the most number of votes will be lynched.
  • If there’s a tie, the player to be lynched will be determined randomly.
  • No editing or deleting posts. Doing so will result in immediate modkill. Remember, posts don’t edit/delete themselves.
  • YOU MAY NOT TALK ABOUT THE GAME OUTSIDE THE THREAD UNLESS YOUR ROLE SAYS OTHERWISE. Doing so will result in immediate modkill.
  • When the game freezes, posting in the thread is NOT allowed. You will receive a warning the first time, but the second time I will personally summon Grima to burn your soul to ashes.
  • You may quote any posts from the thread and/or any PMs from me or @Keeper of Night, and/or edit them in any way you like.
  • Screenshots or pictures of any kind are NOT allowed. This includes videos, gifs, etc. Posting either of these will result in immediate modkill.
  • If you know you’ll be gone for some time and it will affect the game, please PM me and @Keeper of Night so that you won’t be modkilled.
  • Modkills and/or replacements that happen (or don’t happen) are NOT indicative of alignment.
  • Host decisions are final. You’re free to go ahead and try to change our mind, but a bad attitude will NOT be tolerated.
  • If you're new to Werewolf, you should look at the Werewolf Master Document. Even if you're not, reading through it is a good idea. ^.^
  • If you have any questions, please PM me or @Keeper of Night. However, contacting us in Skype will result in a faster, if not instant response.

The Factions
  • In this game, there are two main factions, the Shepherds, otherwise known as town, and Grima’s Servants, otherwise known as scum. There may be a third, smaller faction, commonly known as the Independents.
  • Non-Shepherds will receive safe claims.
There are two separate scum teams, who will alternate the Nightkills in between them.

The Special Mechanics

This game has a couple of special mechanics: Chests, a Reclassing System and a Damage System.
Every Night, you will receive a chest, which may contain an item. This Item may be a Seal, a Weapon, a Staff or simply something to help you on your quest. More explanation on this below.

You can use your Skills and Ability in the same Night you use an Item (unless specified otherwise), but you may only use one Item per Night. All Items are single-use.
You may NOT target yourself with any Items, Skills or Abilities unless specified.

There are two kind of Seals: the Master Seal and the Second Seal.
  • The Master Seal’s function is to promote your current class, i.e. get better Skills and HP.
  • The Second Seal is for changing classes, which will change your current set of Skills. Every character has a predetermined roster of classes to which they can reclass.
  • If you have acquired any Skills by any other means than reclassing, promoting or having them in your starting class, they will carry on when reclassing and/or promoting.
  • Everyone starts with 2 Master Seals and 3 Second Seals.
  • Most classes have 2 class Skills, but you may only use one Skill per Night unless specified otherwise.
  • Every character has 1 Ability, which carries over when reclassing. You may use both an Ability and a Skill on the same Night.
  • Even if you change classes, you can still only use 1 Skill in addition to your Ability that same Night.
  • If you're a Base Class, you may only reclass into another Base Class.
  • If you're an Advanced Class, you may reclass into any Base Class you have available and any Advanced Class you've already been before.
Each player has a certain amount of HP. If you have a weapon and the corresponding Skill, you may damage a player. Weapons will deal X damage to them, based solely on the Weapon Might (Iron < Steel < Silver and Wind < Fire < Thunder < Dark) and the target’s class.
  • There are 5 kinds of Weapons: Swords, Lances, Axes, Bows and Tomes.
  • Each Weapon has limited uses.
  • If a player’s HP reaches 0, they will die.
  • Wyrmslayers deal extra damage to Wyverns and Manaketes.
  • Horseslayers deal extra damage to mounted units.
  • Hammers and Armorslayers deal extra damage to armored units.
  • Wind magic deals extra damage to flying units.
  • Arrows and Volant Axes deal extra damage to flying units.
  • Armored units take less damage from certain attacks.
  • The Weapon Triangle is NOT present in this game.
  • Dark magic has damaging tomes, but there are also tomes with extra/other effects.

Staves/Staffs work somewhat differently from Weapons. They still take up your Skill use for the Night, but instead of damaging a player, they have a variety of effects.
  • Each Staff has limited uses.
  • Most of them heal damage from a player, but others may do other things. It’s a surprise!

Sign-Ups

In order to sign up, you must simply post saying you wish to do so. Ideally, we'd have 30 players, but if we don't reach that number that's completely fine, we have a plan. #EvilPlan.

Sign-ups will be open until we reach 30 players, or, alternatively, if there are no sign-ups in a 24h period. To make it more clear, each sign-up post extends the deadline by 24h.

Best of luck! :D

1. @Ice Espeon Town, modkilled D5
  2. @Celever
  3. @thegrovylekid
  4. @Athena Subbed out D2- @PMJ
  5. @Professor Palutena
  6. @Empoleon_master Town, modkilled D3
  7. @Jabberwock Valmese, lynched D4
  8. @Camoclone
  9. @Vracken
  10. @King Xerneas
  11. @Squirtle Squad Town, lynched D1.
  12. @Luispipe8
  13. @bbninjas Town, killed N4.
  14. @scattered mind
  15. @Reinforce
  16. @mordacazir
  17. @simsands Valmese, lynched D2.
  18. @double o squirtle Town, killed N1.
  19. @GM DracLord Town, killed N2.
  20. @Cypher333 Subbed out D3- @quakingpunch73
  21. @The Healer Town, killed N3.
  1. @PidgeotSoup
  2. THIS COULD BE YOU

Last edited:
I'm going to mostly skip D1 this game though. The chaos isn't something I'm fond of and I've got School, AND, D&D, the Challenge, and my TCG Fakes thread to do.

And also by sheer coincidence I've got totally hooked on the series. Currently playing both Shadow Dragon and Rekka no Ken! :D

And I've got an undying love for Awakening and every character in it, so this game is so great! Love the flavour in the OP already. <3

Host Announcement:
I have edited the sign-up part in the OP, specifying (kinda) a deadline.

And also by sheer coincidence I've got totally hooked on the series. Currently playing both Shadow Dragon and Rekka no Ken! :D
Don't make me jealous, please. I've wanted those for a while.

I've, uh, been replaying Fe: A for a while now.

I hear we have some Fire Emblem going on over here? You can most definitely count me in! Also I don't know if you've heard, but I make quite a beautiful taguel *hint hint*

I'm already on the sign ups list but I figured I may as well to announce my intentions to play anyway. :p In me some ins please! And while we're claiming characters, I'll call dibs on Sumia. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back