Finished Werewolf XXX: Future in Stasis - GAME OVER! Town Wins! Now w/ Postgame analysis!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reinforce

Light has come to save you at last...
wcywNLX.png

It was another peaceful day at Treasure Town, a peace achieved by the heroic actions of several Pokemon, and one former human-turned-Pokemon. Everyone expected it would be no different today.

However...

It started with the surroundings growing dim. At first, the thought was that a cloud had simply passed over the sun. But upon looking up, many were surprised to see the sun no longer visible, and the expanse of the blue sky slowly being blanketed by a wave of darkness, like a tide rushing over to shore.

Before comprehension of the sudden changes to the sky could completely run through the villagers' minds, their attentions were turned to the ground underneath their feet, which had begun shaking intensely. Large cracks snaked through the land like madly-growing tree roots. Steam erupted from the gaps, along with debris in the form of mud and rocks. Screams of fear from nearly every Pokemon species all over the world could be heard crying out, shaken from the all-too-sudden events. And then, inexplicably, the darkness that spread over the skies seemed to have gone down to the earth, turning green grass and blue waters into wilted, lifeless inky black.

When the tremors were gone, the Pokemon were left to stare in horror and despair at the aftermath: in which their surroundings had cracked apart and then were stuck that way... It was almost as if...

BKCG3qt.jpg

The world was paralyzed.

3wRyL6t.png
Spinda: N-no... This is...
vLlWKBj.png
Sunflora: Eeeek! HELP!
bcxsnMS.png
Azurill: Waaaaaaah!!!
40GaLx5.png
Corphish: H-hey, h-h-h-eey! What just happened? Wh-what's happening? What's going to happen!?

Amidst the panic and confusion, a booming voice echoed in the minds of the Pokemon.

fsOll2E.jpg
???: EVERYONE STAY CALM!
Then a flash of bright light had everyone closing and shielding their eyes. And when they opened them again---

"H-huh?"

was the collective thought.

E0sdv49.gif
For the world was back to its normal color and vibrancy. The wind was blowing, the sun was shining, the earth was intact... It was almost as if the events of a few moments ago was just a dream.

... Was it?

j8lPPte.png

A crowd gathered into the middle of Treasure Town. The Secret Bazaar shopkeepers who came for resupplying and explorers in town chatted with one another, though the hushed whispers subsided when Wigglytuff arrived along with his Guild, looking strangely solemn.

wyzqImT.png
Wigglytuff: Everyone...

fsOll2E.jpg
???: OUR TWO HEROES ARE MISSING. IS THAT WHAT YOU WERE GOING TO DECLARE?
Wisps of light suddenly appeared in the air above the crowd, which directed their attention to the semi-transparent form of a gigantic Pokemon materializing before their eyes.

GAeTy7u.png
Chatot: Squawk!!! ... P-PALKIA?

BxYARiY.jpg

Murmurs erupted from the villagers. "Palkia... isn't that the legendary of god of space?" "What's he doing here?"

wyzqImT.png
Wigglytuff: Palkia...

The town chatter stopped. And then...

fsOll2E.jpg
???: Sob... Sniffle...

Everyone turned to the source of the disheartened crying --- Bidoof.

KJsKzBf.png
Bidoof: "Gawrsh... Balls of light suddenly appeared around them. And then the next moment, they vanished... Sniffle..."

Rtzjqds.png
Palkia: INDEED THEY HAVE.

Cries of shock from the rest of the town rang out but they were drowned out by the space god's words.
Rtzjqds.png
Palkia: THOUGH, THEIR DISAPPEARANCE IS NOT BY THEIR OWN VOLITION, I ASSURE YOU.
LhriCC7.png
Chimecho: Someone made them disappear? But there was nobody near them who could have done it!
Rtzjqds.png
Palkia: THEIR DISAPPEARANCE IS NOT MERELY PHYSICAL. A DISTURBANCE IN THE SPACETIME CAN HAVE CONSEQUENCES. YOU ARE AWARE OF THIS.
wyzqImT.png
Wigglytuff: Hmm... So someone is doing bad things with time and space again? Do you know who it is?

A terse, silent moment passed before Palkia said:

Rtzjqds.png
Palkia: THE CULPRIT THIS TIME IS NO DIFFERENT FROM BEFORE.

The terrified whispering restarted. Loudred jumped up and down.

7C0XOaI.png
Loudred: THAT Darkrai GUY? He WAS defeated already! How COULD it be HIM?

Palkia's golden gaze intensified, and the primal being's pressure was felt by everyone present, quieting them down.

Rtzjqds.png
Palkia: IT IS HIM. IN ANY OF THE OTHER INFINITE PARALLEL TIMES, DARKRAI WAS ALWAYS DEFEATED. BUT BY SUCCESSFULLY ERASING THE EXISTENCE OF OUR HEROES IN ONE WORLD, A NEW POSSIBLE DARK FUTURE WAS BORN. AND NOW THAT DARKRAI IS SPREADING HIS NIGHTMARES AND ENFORCING THAT DARKNESS TO THE LINEAR ROOT OF TIME AND MAKING IT THE ONLY FUTURE THAT CAN EXIST. YOUR WORLD IS INCOMPATIBLE WITH THAT DARK FUTURE AND SO IT WILL COLLAPSE.

hw4S0p4.png
Ursaring: Th-then we have to stop that somehow!

But the dragon slowly shook his head in reply.

Rtzjqds.png
Palkia: THE DAMAGE HAS ALREADY BEEN DONE TO YOUR WORLD. IT IS WHAT YOU ALL WITNESSED AND EXPERIENCED NOT LONG AGO.

The silence, at this point, was almost ironically deafening.

Rtzjqds.png
Palkia: HOWEVER, DO NOT DESPAIR YET. FOR AT THIS MOMENT, YOU ARE ALL ALIVE AND WELL, ARE YOU NOT?

Everyone began murmuring, agreeing and realizing the legendary was right.

GAeTy7u.png
Chatot: So what exactly is happening now, Sir Palkia?

Rtzjqds.png
Palkia: I HAVE SIMPLY CUT OFF YOUR WORLD AND MAINTAIN IT IN A SEPARATE SPECIAL SPACE. ANYTHING THAT OCCURS HERE WILL NOT HAVE ANY EFFECT ON THE ROOT OF TIME, NOR CAN OUTSIDE FORCES ASIDE FROM ME CAN INFLUENCE THIS WORLD.

"Ohhh..." was echoed by several Pokemon.

Rtzjqds.png
Palkia: DIALGA IS REVERTING TO HIS MAD, PRIMAL FORM DUE TO THE TIME PROBLEMS BUT HE IS VALIANTLY RESISTING IT. THAT IS THE REASON WHY I HAVE BEEN SPURNED INTO ACTION. EVEN OUR CREATOR HAS PERSONALLY MOVED TO RETURN THE STABILITY OF SPACE AND TIME. BUT EVEN WITH THE TWO OF US, THE RECOVERY IS PROCEEDING SLOWLY. ...THAT IS WHY I REQUEST YOUR ASSISTANCE.

"Huh?" was uttered by many. What can they do that the gods cannot and would even need help for?

Rtzjqds.png
Palkia: MY POLICY IS DIRECT ACTION, AND IN THIS CASE, I BELIEVE IT IS TAKING OUT THE CULPRIT, DARKRAI. ONCE HE IS GONE AND NO LONGER ADDING TO THE DAMAGE, WE CAN FOCUS ALL OUR POWER INTO RECOVERY AND IT WILL FINISH FASTER.
hw4S0p4.png
Ursaring: That makes sense. But how can we be of help for that?
Rtzjqds.png
Palkia: I HAVE PURSUED DARKRAI ACROSS DIMENSIONS BUT TRUE TO HIS NATURE, HE HAS EVADED ME. BUT AN OPPORTUNITY CAME... AND I MANAGED TO DRIVE HIM TO YOUR ISOLATED SPACE AND KEEP HIM TRAPPED THERE.

Yells of shock erupted from the crowd.

aqqZ15w.png
Kecleon: Darkrai is here? That mean, heartless scoundrel who dared trap little, innocent Azurill in an endless nightmare!?
7C0XOaI.png
Loudred: WHERE is he? I'LL BLAST him away!

But none of the Pokemon in the town resembled the pitch-black Pokemon.

Rtzjqds.png
Palkia: I CAN FAINTLY SENSE HIS PRESENCE. HE IS THERE. BUT IF NONE OF YOU CAN GLIMPSE HIM, THERE IS AN EXPLANATION...

fsOll2E.jpg
???: Darkrai has disguised himself with an illusion.

Everyone turned their heads, looking for the speaker, revealing none other than the Lunar Pokemon herself.

oJJWTqz.png
Cresselia: Greetings, everyone. I have sensed the return of Darkrai's malevolent presence and it has led me to this place once more. Exposing him will be a tall task, but as Palkia has stated, it is possible if we are all willing to offer assistance.

A determined-looking Wigglytuff stepped forward.

jV7e6Wm.png
Wigglytuff: Of course! We will do whatever we can. Our friends did the same before us, and they succeeded despite how hard it was. That means, if we all do our best and work together, we can do it too! YOOM-TAH!

Unsurprisingly, it was Bidoof who first put a fist in the air.

hhul53Q.png
Bidoof: Yup yup!

Everyone followed with their own cheers soon after.

Rtzjqds.png
Palkia: I APPROVE OF YOUR COURAGE AND ENTHUSIASM. HOWEVER, I MUST NOW WARN YOU OF TWO CHALLENGES THAT LIE AHEAD OF YOU.

As soon as he finished, the ground started shaking lightly before being carpeted in bright white light along with the surroundings. When the light died down, the sights and sounds of Treasure Town was gone and had been replaced by...

GAeTy7u.png
Chatot: ... Mystery Dungeon?
Rtzjqds.png
Palkia: THAT IS CORRECT. THOUGH I MADE THIS SPACE, MY CONTROL OVER IT IS NOT A HUNDRED PERCENT DUE TO THE STRAIN OF MAINTAINING IT ALONGSIDE STABILIZING THE ROOT OF TIME. ITS RULES SHOULD COME TO YOU ONCE YOU TRAVERSE IT.
jV7e6Wm.png
Wigglytuff: No problem! We'll help each other out!
Rtzjqds.png
Palkia: VERY WELL. THE SECOND CHALLENGE IS THAT DARKRAI IS NOT THE ONLY EVIL YOU HAVE TO BATTLE IN THERE.
3wRyL6t.png
Spinda: There's more?
Rtzjqds.png
Palkia: I IDENTIFIED A GROUP OF INTRUDERS NOT LONG AFTER I SEALED UP YOUR SPACE. TO MY REGRET, THEY QUICKLY CONCEALED THEIR PRESENCE AND HAS MOST LIKELY DISGUISED THEMSELVES AS CITIZENS ALONGSIDE YOU ALL. THEY ARE LED BY A POKEMON YOU ALL KNOW... DUSKNOIR.

Cries of disbelief could be heard from everyone.

Rtzjqds.png
Palkia: IT IS MY BELIEF THAT THEY CAME HERE FROM THE DARK FUTURE WITH THE SAME GOAL THEY HAVE BEFORE, A MISGUIDED ATTEMPT TO PROTECT A GRIM FUTURE. THEY MIGHT BE DIFFERENT FROM THE ONE YOU SPENT TIME WITH. THEY COULD BE MORE DIRECT AND BRUTAL. THEY ARE NO LESSER THREAT THAN DARKRAI. I URGE YOU TO BE CAREFUL.
Rtzjqds.png
Palkia: BUT DO NOT FEAR, FOR I WILL OFFER ANY POWER I CAN GIVE. AND SO I HAVE DEVISED A POSSIBLE SLOW BUT SURE METHOD TO CAPTURE THEM.
Rtzjqds.png
Palkia: ALL OF YOU MUST TALK AMONG YOURSELVES AND USE YOUR ABILITIES AND DECIDE ON ONE POKEMON WHO YOU SUSPECT COULD BE ONE OF OUR CULPRITS. I WILL BANISH THEM IN A SMALLER ISOLATED SPACE, MAKING IT EASIER TO REVEAL THEIR TRUE IDENTITY. BUT I CAN ONLY DO THIS ONCE AND AT HALF A DAY.
oJJWTqz.png
Cresselia: I concur with that plan. It may be slow, but it is the only way we can all be helping to solve this crisis.
jV7e6Wm.png
Wigglytuff: If that's what Palkia says, the Wigglytuff Guild will give its best effort and save the world!

Palkia nodded. His spiritual form began fading away along with his voice.

Rtzjqds.png
Palkia: IT'S ALL IN YOUR HANDS. YOUR SUCCESS OR FAILURE WILL DECIDE WHICH FUTURE... THE GOOD OR THE BAD... WILL PREVAIL AND BECOME THE DEFINITE FUTURE OF ALL TIME. BUT FOR NOW...

THE FUTURE... IS IN STASIS.

Welcome to Werewolf XXX: Future in Stasis! This game is based on the story and characters of the video game series Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers. There will be plot and character spoilers if you've never played the games. I, Reinforce, will be your host. This will be the first game I host here in Pokebeach, though I have previous experience in another site. I hope we'll all enjoy this game!

If you've never played Werewolf before or need to brush up on the rules and how to play, go HERE. For some specific guidelines in this game, PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING:
· Day phases will last 5 days, while night phases last 2 days. Both phases will end at 2:00 GMT.

· Vote and/or unvote using the following format: ##VERB: Name, ##UNVERB: Name. Votes that do not follow this format will not be counted.

· Vote counts are NOT given at request. They will be posted once every 24 hours, on schedule, at 2:00 GMT.

· Once a majority is reached (half the total remaining players + 1), that player is lynched. If the day phase ends with no majority vote, the player with the most number of votes is lynched. In case a tie is reached, RNG will decide who will be eliminated.

· If the lynch is reached before 5 days are up, roles that have abilities that can be used in the Day Phase will be given time after to submit their actions (or a PM to me declaring no action) until the original set deadline. To avoid long delays though, if this happens, please send your PMs as soon as you can.

· NO EDITING OR DELETING POSTS. The first violation will get you a warning. Doing any for a second time will result in your replacement or modkill.

· Like posts as much as you like.

· No discussing the game outside the thread unless your role allows you to do so.

· When GAME FREEZE is declared, no players may post in the thread.

· Quoting roles is allowed, as is quoting PMs from me. Even if they are not true. Screenshots, however, are NOT allowed.

· Play nice, no throwing around insults.

· STAY ACTIVE IN THE GAME. If you do not post at least 3 times during a day, a warning PM will be sent. If for the next day, you still fail to meet the post requirements, you will be replaced by a substitute at the end of the day, or modkilled if there are none. The only exception is if the following day ends in less than 48 hours.

· If you foresee that you'll be gone for a span of time and it will affect the game, please PM me, so that you can either be temporarily or permanently replaced by a sub.

· If you have a question, use @Reinforce to call my attention to it faster.

· Rules are subject to change, so pay attention to updates.

· Game host’s decisions are final.

For specific details about the game flavor, please read the following.
There are two main factions: Town - composed of the Wigglytuff's Guild members (minus the player and partner), the Treasure Town villagers, the Secret Bazaar shopkeepers and other good Pokemon in the game; and Villains - the bad guys. There is an Independent player, whose identity you might have an idea of if you read the prologue. Non-Town aligned players will receive safe claims.

The prologue and future flavor updates does NOT indicate which Pokemon are in the game. There are Pokemon that are in the prologue but do not exist as roles, and vice versa. It is to be treated as simply game flavor, as there are so many characters in the game that they can't all be made into a role. Furthermore, we only have a limited number of players.

This is how roles will generally look like.
4Ar2MYw.png
Palkia
Alignment: Host

You are Palkia, the legendary Pokemon representing space. You are also the creator of the special space, which is now being played as a Mystery Dungeon-Werewolf game hybrid, and as such you have a major control on its mechanics and rules. You are here to make sure the space and the game runs as smoothly as possible by posting regular updates, processing PM actions promptly and keeping the player activity flowing.

Special Ability: Spacial Rift
Usage: Day Phase and Night Phase; every Day and every Night

Your domain is a place from which there is no escape without your permission and thus is the ideal place to banish all those players who break the rules and slack off in playing.

Passive Ability: Telepathy
You will always be told in a PM what action each player will do every Phase.

Win Condition: Eliminate all rule breakers and inactives and run the game well till the end

Each role has at least one Special Ability and one Passive Ability.

Special Ability is unique to each role, usually character or flavor-specific, and majority (but not all) have Usage instructions that require you to PM the host. Take note so you don't forget to do so before the deadline!

Passive Ability, as the name implies, do not need to PM the host for them to work. Most Passive Ability are the actual Pokemon Abilities (Overgrow, Blaze, Torrent etc.) but there may be exceptions.

As you may have surmised if you read the prologue and if you haven’t, go read it now although it's a little long oops, this version of WW is going to be different due to incorporating… MYSTERY DUNGEON! … Well, it is the flavor this game is based on. But that’s right --- we have a game within a game. Think of it as something special to celebrate Pokebeach Werewolf reaching triple X!

So I strongly urge all players, old and new, read the Mystery Dungeon’s mechanics carefully. It’s not overly complicated, and if you’ve played Pokemon Mystery Dungeon or the Roguelike video game genre, its mechanics should be familiar.

cR2k9T9.png
1) The Dungeon is represented as a 5x5 grid map as shown above.

2) Location is presented as coordinates. (E.g. A3 or 3A)

3) Each player’s number on the sign-up list will be their number in the Dungeon, which marks their current location on the map (see below). There can be more than one player in a square and it will be shown like so (look at C2).

8g45l2m.png

4) Each square on the Dungeon, henceforth referred to as a Tile, comes in three varieties: Blank Tile (white), Item Tile (yellow) and Trap Tile (red).

iyFSMYy.png

a. Blank Tiles would have nothing happen when you’re on them.

b. Item Tiles will provide you with an Item that you can use. Here are some things to note about Items in this game:

· All Items are single-use.

· When you obtain an Item, you will be sent a PM containing a detailed description of its Effects and Usage, in the following format:
ASVP34N.png
Identify Orb
Usage: Day Phase or Night Phase
You may PM me the name of a player. You will be told that player's true role name.

. Some Items can be used only on a specific Phase; others can be used in either Phase. Read carefully.

· If you fail to use an Item due to outside interference, the Item will NOT disappear from your inventory. You can use the Item again in a future time.

· Items do NOT need to be used on the same Phase that you obtain them.

· The players’ use of Items will not be revealed publicly.

c. Trap Tiles will trigger Traps, which have various detrimental effects on the player.

5) Tiles are randomized at the start of each Day Phase, but only take effect during the end of that Day Phase. As an example: At the end of Day 1, you are on Tile A3 and it’s a Blank Tile. At the start of the Day 2, you would still be on A3. The randomization designates A3 as a Trap Tile for the Day 2 Dungeon. The Trap will NOT activate. It will only take effect on you if you are still on A3 at the end of Day 2.

6) Players will move across the Dungeon every Day. Before each Day ends, all living players must PM me the coordinate of the Tile they want to move into. It can be any white square on the Dungeon, even if another player is currently occupying it. Staying on the spot you are currently at is also an option, simply say so in your PM. If you don’t PM me about moving across the Dungeon once the current Day ends, you will remain on the tile you are currently at, and I will apply the newly-generated Tile effects (if there are any) on you.

7) If two or more players land on a Tile with effects (Item Tile and Trap Tile), the effect will only be applied to one player, to be decided by RNG. The other players will be treated as if they stepped on a Blank Tile.

8) The end of the Day update will reveal each player’s new position on the Dungeon map, and reveal what Dungeon Tile they landed on.

a. Players who land on an Item Tile will not have the exact name of their Item revealed publicly.

b. Players who land on a Trap Tile will have the triggered Trap’s effects detailed publicly.

9) As the game progresses, on the map there will eventually appear Dark Tiles – a Tile that’s filled black. That coordinate cannot be chosen or landed on anymore, and will no longer be included in the Tile effect randomization. Effectively, this means that the longer the game goes on, the lesser options of tiles there are to move to, and the higher the chance that players will land on the same Tile.

If you guys have any questions about the Mystery Dungeon or anything else about this game, feel free to PM me or post in the thread.

Code for signature banner if anyone wants it:
Code:
[URL='http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/threads/werewolf-xxx-future-in-stasis-sign-ups-open.126822/unread'][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/wcywNLX.png[/IMG][/URL]

Sign-Ups:

21 players are in! What a fast and fantastic turnout! Thanks, everyone! Sign-ups will remain open but from this point on will be placed as subs. If you're on the sub list, keep yourself updated on the game in case you will be called to sub in!

Also, please say if you will be available to play the game during the holidays and New Year. I estimate the game might reach those dates, so I would like to have an idea on player availability for that time period.

Players:

1. Ice Espeon SilverSilent Empoleon_master - Chatot - Town - WINNER!
2. Vom - Dusknoir - Villain - Lynched Day 5
3. Celever - Bidoof - Town - Killed Night 3
4. Camoclone - Spinda - Town - Killed Night 4
5. Keeper of Night - Darkrai - Independent/Self - Lynched Day 6
6. double o squirtle - Shedinja - Town - WINNER!
7. scattered mind - Wynaut - Town - WINNER!
8. PMJ - Torkoal - Town - Killed Night 1
9. Jabberwock - Duskull - Town - Lynched Day 3 - SPECIAL WINNER!
10. TheFlyingPidove - Guildmaster Wigglytuff - Town - WINNER!
11. thegrovylekid - ??? - ??? - Lynched Day 1
Spiritomb - Villain
12. Squirtle Squad - Drowzee - Town - WINNER!
13. Luispipe8 - Vigoroth - Town - WINNER!
14. simsands - Sunflora - Town - WINNER!
15. bbninjas - Sableye - Villain - Lynched Day 4
16. Cypher333 - Kecleon - Town - WINNER!
17. GM Draclord - Diglett - Town - WINNER!
18. Yeowie - Ursaring - Town - Lynched Day 2
19. Athena - Magnezone - Town - Killed Night 2
20. mordacazir - Porygon - Villain - Lynched Day 7
21. Chaos Jackal - Electivire - Town - WINNER!

Subs:

1. SilverSilent
2. Lamm_von_Gott
3. Empoleon_master

Updates:
Night 0
Day 1 [Vote Count 1] [Vote Count 2] [Vote Count 3] [Vote Count 4]
Sunset 1
Night 1
Sunrise 1
Day 2 [Vote Count 1] [Vote Count 2] [Vote Count 3] [Vote Count 4] [Vote Count 5]
Sunset 2
Night 2
Sunrise 2
Day 3 [Vote Count 1] [Vote Count 2] [Vote Count 3] [Vote Count 4]
Sunset 3
Night 3
Sunrise 3
Day 4 [Vote Count 1] [Vote Count 2] [Vote Count 3] [Vote Count 4]
Sunset 4
Night 4
Sunrise 4
Day 5 [Vote Count 1]
Sunset 5
Night 5
Sunrise 5
Day 6 [Vote Count 1] [Vote Count 2]
Sunset 6
Night 6
Sunrise 6
Day 7
Sunset 7
-GAME OVER-

Postgame 1 - Game and Set-up
Postgame 2 - Individual Role and Player Analysis

Last edited:
pmdespeon.png
Ice Espeon: I'm in! I'd highly recommend that everyone familiarises themselves with the concept of the tiles before the game starts!

(I do anticipate being here over the Christmas period @Reinforce)

I'm in too!
I recommend everyone goes over all the MD mechanics before the game starts.
I'll also prob be around during Christmas.

In n~n

I should be fine over the Christmas period too, but I think that the deadline should be longer on phases around that time anyway. I won't be able to play for much on Christmas Day itself at all.

in

Edit: Also I'm available for pretty much the entire christmas holiday (except for christmas day of course)

Last edited:
475.png
bbninjas: Hey, hey, hey! I'm in! I'll have low activity around Christmas Day, but aside from that, I'll be all good.

172.png
Yeowie: Totally in, and yay for Mystery Dungeon mechanics! I'm so psyched for the voting verbs too, I love it when you can vote with your (intended) lynch action.

EDIT: I can't confirm complete activity over the two weeks after Christmas, but will still be available in that time slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back