TCG Fakes Zygarde's Image-Based Cards - Happy Birthday card!

Zygarde

Z-Dawg
Featuring Welkin!

A TCG reboot set. My objective is creating a balanced and diverse Metagame.

Features:
Specific playstyles for each type.
Legendary Pokémon are now a separate Stage from Basic Pokémon, but work quite the same way... and quite not.
All rare cards are holographic, no regular rares.
Pre-BW set numbering system.
Megas work in a similar way to Lv Xs, but add their new typing (if any) to the base form's one.
Intended power level is DP era.

Type archetypes:
Grass: Special Condition abuse and fast evolving (mostly to Bug types).
Fire: Discard your own resources to gain advantage.
Water: Bench hitting and damage counter spread.
Lightning: Fast, hard hitting but often do damage to your own side of the field.
Psychic: Control, as in Magic: the Gathering.
Fighting: The more Energy attached to, more powerful.
Metal: Milling and defensive play.
Darkness: General Spread.
Colorless: Non-specialized.
Dragon: Energy acceleration.

Features mostly Flying types and bird Pokémon, the set has 80 cards, including 3 Legendary Pokémon and 4 Megas
I'll not reveal the full set list as of now.

Welkin: the set so far
Holo Rares:
1%20coacutepia_zpsnefelofz.png
2%20coacutepia_zpsagdhb9cn.png
3%20coacutepia_zps6i4vob1q.png
4%20coacutepia_zpsipecxglf.png
5%20coacutepia_zps786gjvqx.png
6%20coacutepia_zpsdzfpcl1a.png
8%20copy_zpsavukygnu.png
10%20coacutepia_zps7ajv9wvk.png
11%20copy_zpsk0guuyqz.png
12%20coacutepia_zpsptojrizw.png
13%20coacutepia_zpskvmlkcsd.png
14%20coacutepia_zpski9dcntk.png
16%20coacutepia_zpsq3oz7tak.png
17%20coacutepia_zpsn1i1tjhu.png
Uncommons:
20%20copy_zpswhsaomlq.png
21coacutepia_zps6e49b487.png
22%20coacutepia_zpsc0fkjk7y.png
23%20coacutepia_zpsg26gh0hw.png
24%20coacutepia_zpsndxsclue.png
25%20coacutepia_zpsudgkvckj.png
26%20coacutepia_zpssy0b66tu.png
27%20coacutepia_zpsiq56pxid.png
29%20coacutepia_zpsytjjb2me.png
30%20coacutepia_zpsmkw1zyh3.png
31%20coacutepia_zpsnp92uqx1.png
32%20coacutepia_zpsewep39ae.png
33%20coacutepia_zpsice5axnv.png
34%20coacutepia_zpstkdk8u8a.png
35%20coacutepia_zpsxstay788.png
36%20coacutepia_zpstdefmxch.png
37%20coacutepia_zpsswzzxsla.png
38%20coacutepia_zpsfo5cpd8y.png
Commons:
39%20coacutepia_zpsrapd3zw8.png
40%20coacutepia_zpsb81bhljg.png
41coacutepia_zps3dba59a2.png
42%20coacutepia_zpsea5d8ljz.png
43%20coacutepia_zpsj4mewwav.png
44%20coacutepia_zpsq9hwbhsw.png
45%20coacutepia_zpsajeg39yb.png
46%20coacutepia_zpspnsfs83g.png
47%20coacutepia_zpsc6yklfvz.png
48%20coacutepia_zps4gwxbstk.png
49 coacutepia_zpsajl9nmfv.png
50%20coacutepia_zpsyutkdlok.png
51%20coacutepia_zpsykehyaqw.png
52%20coacutepia_zpslolhqbjl.png
53%20coacutepia_zpsyq2igvwm.png
54%20coacutepia_zps2uz1yqsl.png
55coacutepia_zps17390568.png
56%20coacutepia_zpsezk2m00c.png
57%20coacutepia_zpscevdnhu0.png
Trainer cards:
58%20coacutepia_zpst6kf42dw.png
59%20coacutepia_zpsfs3c72va.png
60%20coacutepia_zpsuay1n4da.png
61%20coacutepia_zpskmrxebxv.png
62%20coacutepia_zpszia2puau.png
63%20copy_zps5fubqnqz.png
64%20coacutepia_zpsj2s7euz7.png
65%20coacutepia_zpsnw376fnt.png
66%20coacutepia_zpsvchrxlha.png
67%20coacutepia_zpsufxlh7l7.png
68%20coacutepia_zps8lwzuxol.png
69%20copy_zpsbanjhrgr.png
70%20coacutepia_zpsxoxicpj1.png
71%20coacutepia_zpskmsbktua.png
72%20coacutepia_zpsohz5az25.png
Special Energy:
73%20coacutepia_zpsawu87gjz.png
Ultra Rares:
74%20coacutepia_zpsiuwh81dj.png
75%20copy_zpsqxdtnso3.png
76%20coacutepia_zpsetnddqc8.png
78%20coacutepia_zps7zsyuret.png
79%20coacutepia_zpssd9loszn.png
Secret Rare:
00%20coacutepia_zpsq29dqsde.png
Promos:
1Hoopa%20copy_zpszfq5jbid.png
2Hopa%20copy_zpsurjzymrt.png
3hiveenergy%20copy_zpsdj6jdohr.png
4Red%20copy_zpsshd5dd90.png

Last edited:
RE: Delta Nite returns: Movie 16 miniset.

That is an awesome card. Just epic. But I can't quite see the word 'Burn' in Burn Unit. I don't know how you can fix that, though.

Where did you get the blank, though? I can't find any so I have to modify aschefield101's blanks!

I'm assuming its Bill's open .PSD for his BW ones Arctic.

Looks nice Delta, but the "BASIC" text remains white on the plasma cards, with the light blue gradient part almost white, but just enough blue to make it noticeable :)

Arcticwhite said:
Where did you get the blank, though? I can't find any so I have to modify aschefield101's blanks!
And I stopped uploading official style blanks due to people constantly editing mine, something that annoyed me greatly for ages, even when stated not too etc.

So now and if I feel like it, I only upload custom ones and official are by request (if I have done them) You'd have to PM/ask on profile for more info, don't want to overtake delta's thread :)

@asche: thanks for the advice pal. I'll make some changes. :)

About the difficult to read the red font on the ability, I'm not sure on what to do...

What about the spoilers and the texture? I'll upload another card later today.

Don't change the red font. Plasma attack stuff is hard to read and all Ability names on Fire Type blanks are very hard to read (Ninetails especially). I probably wouldn't have the red in the texture as it's and Ability activated thing (not an actual Dual-Type). Lovely work though!

Delta Nite said:
@asche: thanks for the advice pal. I'll make some changes. :)

About the difficult to read the red font on the ability, I'm not sure on what to do...

What about the spoilers and the texture? I'll upload another card later today.

The red ability thing is Nintendo's fault, I wouldn't worry about it, you can just make it out like their own cards. Ideally they should've used the classic era way of purple/red/yellow to help make them visible on darker backgrounds.

I like the background texture, if thats what your meaning there, prolly less opacity on the fire just a few %, make it less "in your face" but yeah, the red to green ratio looks good :)

The attack bit however, I think its because theres alot there, it might come across as cramped. If it wouldn't break it, I'd have had flame patch as a simple attack, with no desc. that'd free up room and maybe (depending on its damage) you'd lower the final attacks power or some such.

Ok, so I've softened the Fire texture. I won't be editing the attacks tough as I really want to keep the markers mechanic.
G1_zpsa0793546.png
And here goes the next card:
G2_zps84cab3c8.png
Hope you guys don't get tired of Genesect before I finish!

RE: Delta Nite returns: Movie 16 miniset. - Douse Drive Sect added.

I assume you'll be explaining what all these counters do later.

RE: Delta Nite returns: Movie 16 miniset. - Douse Drive Sect added.

PMJ said:
I assume you'll be explaining what all these counters do later.

inb4 Redsect/Newtwo just viciously violate anything with counters on them.

RE: Delta Nite returns: Everyone's gone Shiny.

Uh. Forget about all those Genesects. I have the Red one ready, so I may post it sometime. Talking about Shinies...

srscizorcoacutepia_zps788c290b.png

I'm having a creativity block, so I'll be making Shiny reprints from BW Pokémon. To follow Neo Destiny's pattern, there will be 10 of them, one of each type.

Uhh... Where did you get the blank? Looks like Blui's blanks! Did he release them already?

ShinyBill's BW blanks edited by me. I actually made these edits before Blui, but mine aren't as oficial as his.

Delta Nite said:
ShinyBill's BW blanks edited by me. I actually made these edits before Blui, but mine aren't as oficial as his.

Cool! The card looks great besides that the attack effect text looks a little squished to me.

Delta Nite said:
Uh. Forget about all those Genesects. I have the Red one ready, so I may post it sometime. Talking about Shinies...

*snip*

I'm having a creativity block, so I'll be making Shiny reprints from BW Pokémon. To follow Neo Destiny's pattern, there will be 10 of them, one of each type.

Looks snazzy DN. Just a few things I have to pick on the blank, there's meant to be gold gradient in the name bar. And the evolves from bar and the pokedex info bar don't have texture where you put text.

As Regi pointed out the text looks squashed. (And Billybob's type symbol is wrong.)

I noticed that the text looks weird too.

Not trying to nit-pick but in the ability of gene sect it says "if this pokemon has any pokemon tool attached to it...." When it should read "if this pokemon has any pokemon tool cards attached...." Other than that they look great keep up the good work

@Blui: Thanks for that! I don't own a single SR and was to lazy to pay attention to the scans :p

I know why the text looks stretched up. I did that because I was trying to align the words with those on the BC Scizor I used as a base. As much as I tried to rearrange sizes, it wouldn't match. So I increased the Width overboard. I'll try playing with the vertical stretching and see if it gets better.

I'll fix and update it next weekend.

EDIT: @ATA: I see. Should've used Garbotoxin as a base. No problem, I love nitpickiness. :)

You know, you could make the Genesects more 'authentic' by creating ACE SPECs that add an extra type to Genesect (ie. The Genesect that this Douse Drive is attached to is now Grass/Water) because it would follow on with Plasma Blast's upcoming ACE SPEC mods to Genesect EX! It would also free up space on the Genesect card so the text isn't so squished.

Also, it's so cool to see everyone from DeviantART here! (I'm jedi201 there)

Delta, you already got feedback on your Scizor from DeviantART so I look forward to seeing the finished version! =)

@bigfootaus: Yay, you're here too jedi! I'm waiting for you to make a thread with your cards for people to see how awesome they are. About the Gensects, I enjoyed the dual type textures, and since I was going to make 5 of them, having that subtle difference was neat, on my mind. But I discontinued that mini-set because all that Genesect overdose made me tired of it.

I updated Scizor. What do you guys think?

srscizorcoacutepia_zps788c290b.png
(old)->
srscizorcoacutepia2_zps556ae91f.png
(new)
I feel my creativity block fading, and with that I wanted to try my hand at making something competitive. I'm planning a reboot set containing 60ish Pokémon with a 3, 2 and 1 stage line for each type. After playing Magic a few times, I wanted to make Pokémon types more relevant to card archetypes and playstyle. Of course those exist in Pokémon, but they're much less relevant there. My intention is to make Pokémon types stick to its characteristics, and having much more sinergy with other cards of the same color. So far, I have come to this

Grass: Healing and Special Condition abuse.
Fire: Discarding Energy on your own field to get some kind of advantage.
Water: Sniping, Bench hitting. Since there won't be any Catchers on this format, this makes for a valid playstyle.
Lightning: Same as Fire, but instead of discarding Energy, the trade is done by damaging your own Pokémon.
Psychic: Energy/Damage counters moving, deck manipulation. What MTG knows as "Control".
Metal: Milling. Hell yeah.
Dark: Discarding cards on your opponent's field, hand. Disruption in general.
Colorless: Supporting? In the games, Normal seems to me as 'non-specialized' typing. I think that should be the approach here.
Dragon: Hoho, this is one of my favorites. Since Dragon doesn't have it's own Energy, has all that mythical background and Energy costs depend on their color/secondary typing, I thought it would be cool to have them be Energy acceleration for their 2 types of Energy requirements.
I'm not sure about Water and Fighting yet. Maybe [F] could focus on brute force? I think that's just to vague... Anyways, I'd really apreciate any insight from competitive players here, and altough I plan on making most of the set, I may need some spoilers. Also, if any card seems overpowered, I'd love feedback on how to make it more balanced.
I plan on starting this project as soon as I come out with my own blanks set.

Back