Event Week 1 Spring 2015 Regionals Results

Updated results with who's going into top 8 in Massachusetts, Ontario (minus 1), and German Nationals. Let's all route for Niklas Lehnert-Rappel in top cut!

Trying my best to remember names and numbers, will probably edit this later when I get home.

For MA regionals

9th place - Mike Newey : VirGen
12th place (I think) - Arjun (RogueChomp) : I forget
17th place - Aaron Roffman (That's me) - Flareon / Raichu (of course I scrubbed out of top 16)

Last edited:
Trying my best to remember names and numbers, will probably edit this later when I get home.

For MA regionals

9th place - Mike Newey : VirGen
12th place (I think) - Arjun (RogueChomp) : I forget
17th place - Aaron Roffman (That's me) - Flareon / Raichu (of course I scrubbed out of top 16)
Ah...Didn't know you were going. We should have met up!

MA Regionals
1st Dylan Bryan with Manectric EX / Aegislash EX
2nd Azul Garcia Griego with Florges EX / Mewtwo EX / Aromatisse

Ah...Didn't know you were going. We should have met up!

I was the guy in the Elsa shirt and Victini hat. Next time I go to an event I'm going to carry a big sign that says "Hello Pokebeach." I ran into a couple of other Beachers yesterday as well. I had a great time.

Does anyone have any juniors results or numbers. I am curious how many to expect with my son playing in Madison.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone have any juniors results or numbers. I am curious haw many to expect with my son playing in Madison.

There were 40-ish Juniors at MA Regionals. This is on the small size for a Regionals, and there were six rounds. You can reasonably expect more rounds next weekend, but there's no telling. It depends how many other Regionals are running that same weekend, or if there's anything else going on in the area that might fill up hotels, cause traffic, etc.

There were 40-ish Juniors at MA Regionals. This is on the small size for a Regionals, and there were six rounds. You can reasonably expect more rounds next weekend, but there's no telling. It depends how many other Regionals are running that same weekend, or if there's anything else going on in the area that might fill up hotels, cause traffic, etc.

I was at madison last year. One of the biggest regionals, besides Florida and some others. Look for 80-110. I think.

I'm surprised about the lack of Yveltal-EX! Not a single one has been reported in any of the Top 8's so far.

Alex Hill took Ontario Regs! If...anyone else knows...he's ESP here and was very active in years past...thought he oughta get some recognition. So happy for that dude!

I'm surprised about the lack of Yveltal-EX! Not a single one has been reported in any of the Top 8's so far.
Flareon (especially the Raichu variant like I played), Seismitoad variants, and Exeggutor are all difficult matchups for Yveltal, and all of these had a presence at Regionals. I still believe that Yveltal is solid, but the meta at the moment isn't really in its favor. I do know of a couple Yveltal players who were at the top tables at MA regionals, but in general it wasn't a good day to run it.

I used a Yveltal EX deck at regionals and performed very well. If I had won my last round, (ended in a tie and if I had more time I would have won) I had a chance at Top 8'ing with a 6-2 record but ties happen and I only made top 32. At MA, I thought it was a good play.

My Little Keldeo, don't most decks have bad match ups against toad? Flareon does after the toad player uses trump and Quaking Punch but that still made Top 8. I don't think there was a bad play. It also depends on who you face. I only played against one toad and no eggs.

Rule of thumb: Everything loses to Seismitoad-EX except for the decks that are designed around beating it.

Back