Help Want to build a 2nd deck.. thoughts?

Cheach

Aspiring Trainer
Hi All, this is my first time posting on here. Can't wait to get stuck in to some conversations but first I'd love some help. I currently run a Greninja BREAK/Talonflame deck that I use to play friends, use at tournaments, and at league. It does pretty well and I find it fun to play with!

I don't have a huge collection of Pokemon cards but I'd be willing to make some purchases to complete a new deck (i.e. I really want to avoid buying any Tapu-Lele's... I'd love to pull one but I really can't justify spending that amount of money on one card).

I have the following [competitive] GX cards sitting in my binder.. I'd love to use at least one of them in a new deck if possible:
x1 Tapu-Koko GX
x2 Marshadow GX
x1 Metagross GX
x1 Turtonator GX

Bear in mind I have all the staples; Sycamore, N, etc too :)

Can't wait to hear what you guys think :)

Hey, welcome! Of the ones you show, I'd recommend going with the Turtonator GX. You can build a good deck with that, Volcanion, and Volcanion EX. If you check out the competitive play forum or deck garage (I can't recall which ), there is a thread with budget deck ideas.

Having run the Volc/Turtonator deck with and without Leles on PTCGO, I can tell you Lele is obviously a big help, but the deck still functions very well without it. Just don't expect to take it to a regionals tournament.

Hey, welcome! Of the ones you show, I'd recommend going with the Turtonator GX. You can build a good deck with that, Volcanion, and Volcanion EX. If you check out the competitive play forum or deck garage (I can't recall which ), there is a thread with budget deck ideas.

Having run the Volc/Turtonator deck with and without Leles on PTCGO, I can tell you Lele is obviously a big help, but the deck still functions very well without it. Just don't expect to take it to a regionals tournament.

Thanks mate. Appreciate the advice, I'll have a look into it. My only concern is that then I'd be running two decks that go out of rotation next year.. (I think?).

Regarding longevity, pricing and meta viability, I'd say go for Metagross GX. Your single setback would be the lack of Lele (from my experience, even 1 copy would suffice), which goes a loooooong way into stabilizing your gameplay. Other than that, it's a cheap-ish deck that is also quite fun.

Regarding longevity, pricing and meta viability, I'd say go for Metagross GX. Your single setback would be the lack of Lele (from my experience, even 1 copy would suffice), which goes a loooooong way into stabilizing your gameplay. Other than that, it's a cheap-ish deck that is also quite fun.

Okay cool, thanks for the advice mate. I'll take a look into it

I personally enjoy Turtomator GX Golisopod GX, it's pretty fun.
http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thr...u-detonate-turtonator-gx-golisopod-gx.145424/
Here's my take on it.

Back