XY Vivillon Secret of the Wings! Colours & Locations! Possible New wings!

RE: Vivillon Mystery of the Wings! Pictures and Discussion

Chespin777 said:
I've found all Vivillon's patterns, I'll post them here with a spoiler tags, so there you go!

which_one_is_your_favourite__by_krocf4-d6ql9bz.png

I think the sandstorm pattern has middle eastern origins, While the continental pattern has asian origins, and the one with ocean pattern has Hawaiian origins. I actually like the sun pattern, and especially the ocean pattern too! So I have to look for someone from Hawaii that has a Vivillon with an ocean pattern, and trade with that person.

Some patterns are found in multiple places. You can get the Ocean pattern from Réunion in France, too.

Also, Continental pattern is European in origin.

Blob55 said:
Chespin777 said:
I've found all Vivillon's patterns, I'll post them here with a spoiler tags, so there you go!

which_one_is_your_favourite__by_krocf4-d6ql9bz.png

I think the sandstorm pattern has middle eastern origins, While the continental pattern has asian origins, and the one with ocean pattern has Hawaiian origins. I actually like the sun pattern, and especially the ocean pattern too! So I have to look for someone from Hawaii that has a Vivillon with an ocean pattern, and trade with that person.

Some patterns are found in multiple places. You can get the Ocean pattern from Réunion in France, too.

Also, Continental pattern is European in origin.

Ah! Thanks for Enlightening me Blob55! Indeed the Continental pattern is European in origin. I heard from players who collect Vivillon patterns, that the "Monsoon pattern" of Vivillon is Asian in origin, and it's rare!

I like Vivillon it's actually Butterfree's knock off! lol XD!! In fact it is a prototype of Butterfree since it has the ability compound eyes.

First post updated and reorganized. Enjoy!

RE: Vivillon: Location For Various Colours

momoxmomo said:
PocketSongbird said:
Nevada gives the High Plains variation.
Do we know whether it's the original trainer's location or the evolver's location that determines the wing pattern?
I'm pretty sure it's the original trainer's location.
It definitely is. Just tested this with a friend.

For the record, I'm in the Netherlands and I got the Continental pattern, too. Mostly I'm mentioning this because we're in different Regions, so I'm thinking all of the Netherlands might have the same pattern.

Ohio gets you the Modern Pattern. Caught and raised two of them.

Does anyone know that if you breed two foreign Vivillons of the same kind that the offspring will be the same as the parents or the breeders?

The Egg is based on who hatched it, not who the parents are.

I have Icy Snow: Finland.

I love watching Vivillon flap its wings in game... The graphics are soo good! o_o

I wish I had a different type than Polar, but it could be worse..
Meadow and Hawaiian look amazing though.. :(

Granted, I doubt Vivillon will have much competitive use, so I guess no point crying about it. Maybe NU?

Sheriff_K said:
I love watching Vivillon flap its wings in game... The graphics are soo good! o_o

Granted, I doubt Vivillon will have much competitive use, so I guess no point crying about it. Maybe NU?

Vivillon is awesome! It has amazing stats, and good ability "Compound Eyes", I likewise doubt Vivillon will have much in competitive use, so why not? I'll include one in my team! :)

I thought i posted here, guess not.

Michigan has Polar, Kansas has Modern.

Arizona has High Plains, same as California.

dmaster out.

Sheriff_K said:

I want a Polar one ;.;. And a Tundra one. Mostly an IcySnow one

And Illinois is modern.

Also, to whoever determined that changing Region only works before a new save file; if I were to change region, start a new game, save as soon as my character gets out of bed, then go back and change my region back to what it should be, would that still let me get the Vivillion of the region I made a new game under?

RE: Vivillon Secret of the Wings! Colours and Locations

Btw, from Mexico is the Sun patern. Just traded it a minute ago ^_^

Georgia(State) has Modern Vivillion.

To add to the list, Denmark has the Continental Vivillon :)

Turkey has the Sandstorm pattern, quite irrelevant.

Back