Art Gallery [CLOSED] Violet's Photo Blog

VioletValkyrie

You're out of your mind.
This blog has been closed and therefore the OP has been edited. The OP has been edited on December 3rd, 2017.

If you're viewing this thread, know that I've moved my photography to another thread, which you can find here. This thread still updates fairly regularly, and I am still publicly posting photography there. You can find the albums from this thread there, as well, so you're not missing any photos at all.

If you want some context for this thread, here you go.
This thread was a really nice way for me to start photography and get a good idea of how to get a solid format going for the other thread that's now active. I would use this thread a lot to post pictures and talk about whatever was going on in my life. Sometimes it would be fairly deep or emotional or talk about things I wouldn't be so open about. Now, I'd prefer to just tell specific people these things rather than announce them openly. It's not an issue of lack of trust, but rather my personal insecurities and how safe I feel around others.

Finally, thank you for your continued support and giving me a place to go to not only create and develop a passion I now hold close to my heart, but also a place to openly discuss what I had been thinking and how I felt during this time.

Last edited:
Oh nice, love the pics, but I am biased ^w^

When I said river, I meant stream haha, we have like, one river that is that kind of size and it isn't urban like yours is, so it is kinda awesome to see

Sad about the lack of rain though, I was expecting it q.q
Love the snow, and I can't wait to see where you go next ^w^

Awww, Jezi looks really happy, so that is great. I am glad you had fun, even if you didn't get as many pictures as I would have liked you to have gotten.
Psyched about the poster, but you already knew that.

Shame about the arcade though, maybe you just needed more hyperactive people with you. I promise they can be fun ^w^

Kinda disappointed that I can't read the signs though ^w^

Oh hey, I found myself in there! I was so happy when I hugged that Pikachu. <3

You've got some awesome shots in here, though! My favourite album is your first one, because you got so many shots that really show off the beauty of the city! I can't wait to see what other pictures you take––springtime's gonna be gold!

Album #5 has been released, and I went Downtown again! But I also have to ask a serious question.

I've been thinking of making these logs complete blogs about how the day went for me and everything that happened during the day, and wanted to ask, What do you think of the way the logs are right now? Would you want to see me blog about my day while providing pictures, do you want the logs to stay the same, or would you rather just have the logs completely removed? I want to get some answers before I upload my next album so I know what pictures to take.

I am pro blog, I can't really complain either way to be honest. If you want to challenge yourself, blog is probably better, though even more of a challenge would be telling a story just through pictures ^w^

That being said imgur is down for me, so I won't be checking until morning

It's a long post! Album #6 is now out, using the blog format people wanted to see! I talk about what's been happening in my personal life, and how things have been going in general!

This probably isn't what you were expecting. If you read the blog post, at least. Album #7 is out now, accompanied by some rather personal words.

I've been following along here semi-attentively for a few weeks now, and I thought I'd drop in and say a few things. First, Violet, a photo album is a really cool way to express both yourself and your thoughts on the world and where you are in it, and I think you're doing that admirably. Really, it is a blog of sorts in and of itself, chronicling where you go and what you do.

Your photography is brilliant, too. I don't have too much experience in it myself besides like one class I took a few years ago which didn't really teach me anything, but from my limited standpoint your pictures of nature and cityscapes make quite the impressive album. I love the cloud-topped hills and pearly sheen of the water in your Album #7 cityscapes––they aren't too different from where I live. Amazing how even hundreds of miles away, it's really the same old world, huh? :p

All that said, I think the blog is an excellent idea. I find it's always helpful when lots of things start happening at once to get your thoughts in order by writing them down. Of course, whether you continue to share them or not is entirely up to you, but we're all here for you with nothing but support and open arms. Trying to figure out a sense of self-identity? Yeah, I can relate to that. And I'm certain I'm not the only one, either. The nice thing about an online community is that you've got people from all over the world clustered in one place, everyone with their own cultural and personal perspectives on life and the world.

And after everything, there's just one thing that really needs to be said. Be proud of yourself, who you are, and what you do. Life's too short for self-doubt. The words you say don't damage you; it's the doubting and worrying over it that does. I don't care how cliché that sounds; it's true. We're all here for you, Violet. Nothing's going to change that. :)

I've been following along here semi-attentively for a few weeks now, and I thought I'd drop in and say a few things. First, Violet, a photo album is a really cool way to express both yourself and your thoughts on the world and where you are in it, and I think you're doing that admirably. Really, it is a blog of sorts in and of itself, chronicling where you go and what you do.

Your photography is brilliant, too. I don't have too much experience in it myself besides like one class I took a few years ago which didn't really teach me anything, but from my limited standpoint your pictures of nature and cityscapes make quite the impressive album. I love the cloud-topped hills and pearly sheen of the water in your Album #7 cityscapes––they aren't too different from where I live. Amazing how even hundreds of miles away, it's really the same old world, huh? :p

All that said, I think the blog is an excellent idea. I find it's always helpful when lots of things start happening at once to get your thoughts in order by writing them down. Of course, whether you continue to share them or not is entirely up to you, but we're all here for you with nothing but support and open arms. Trying to figure out a sense of self-identity? Yeah, I can relate to that. And I'm certain I'm not the only one, either. The nice thing about an online community is that you've got people from all over the world clustered in one place, everyone with their own cultural and personal perspectives on life and the world.

And after everything, there's just one thing that really needs to be said. Be proud of yourself, who you are, and what you do. Life's too short for self-doubt. The words you say don't damage you; it's the doubting and worrying over it that does. I don't care how cliché that sounds; it's true. We're all here for you, Violet. Nothing's going to change that. :)

I'm really surprised, I still didn't think my photography was good or that I've been improving, even if I have been proud of a lot of shots I've taken, Album #7 was a ton of fun to take, I enjoyed myself and think I took good photos. I guess it's a lot different hearing it from other people than just telling it to myself.

Thank you so much. I was really hesitant at first to switch the album to a blog format because I felt the idea of a blog would go against what's allowed in Creative Works, but being encouraged by two of the Creative Works moderators is something I'm really appreciative of. It's been wonderful to talk more personally about my life and how I feel recently, while I'm not over how it feels to do it in an open space I'm not the most comfortable in, your appreciation and acceptance of it's the most wonderful thing I could hope for as a response.

I'm not sure how well self-identified I am right now, I'm happy with presenting myself as Violet, but things are different in person and I feel like I either have to come to terms with it, or change things. I'm not sure which to go for, but I'm not the most confident taking some of the bigger steps to change. I'm glad I'm not alone, though.

I hope to update more in the future, I've really enjoyed doing this.

I would encourage you to post your photographs directly into this thread, Violet, as opposed to link to an imgur gallery. It just keeps everything in the same place, and you can provide a bit of commentary for each image specifically. It also is a bit easier for your viewers. On a similar note, instead of putting your albums only in the OP, I suggest including them also in the post you use to bump the thread. That also makes it a bit nicer for your viewers.

For the albums I've checked, I've been quite enjoying them! Looking forward to more. ^.^

I would encourage you to post your photographs directly into this thread, Violet, as opposed to link to an imgur gallery. It just keeps everything in the same place, and you can provide a bit of commentary for each image specifically. It also is a bit easier for your viewers. On a similar note, instead of putting your albums only in the OP, I suggest including them also in the post you use to bump the thread. That also makes it a bit nicer for your viewers.

For the albums I've checked, I've been quite enjoying them! Looking forward to more. ^.^

Awesome, never been sure if my formatting has been the best way of doing things, uploading images directly one by one saves me the trouble of having the album sometimes be backwards.

I'll make sure to include the albums in the update posts. Just means more formatting for me.

Glad to see you've been enjoying them!

Quick edit note - December 3rd, 2017
I've since edited posts such as this one as removing the old OP simply just removed all of the albums and blog entries they had. You can have a good idea of context of what was discussed by what I've left and the responses people have given, but I chose to remove what I felt was necessary.

UPDATE POST:

It's getting more and more personal. I couldn't take much pictures, so have a long blog post to make up for it.

Yesterday, I didn't really have the opportunity to take pictures. I traveled the same roads as I have in the past and nothing really would have been new. The lake doesn't look a lot different during the morning than the day. The highlight of yesterday came from WVSS progress, notes, and a nice look back at my past with an English assignment I had been given. But by far the best part about yesterday was getting words from Jabberwock and thinking more about self-identification, and especially, self-expression, and how I want to go about that.

-- I apologize if this is a sensitive topic. I just tend to talk about it very openly. --

-- The topic is over, at least for now, if you found it unappealing or uncomfortable. --

Jabberwock and I did some sort of fic trade, he read DiMM while I started reading tES, and it's nice to tell more people about my writing, and hopefully grow interest in WVSS.
I've had a decent amount of people watch RWBY because of me this month, even just in general. I appreciate you doing that for me, even if it's just to try to connect to me and my stupid obsession. I've been becoming really insecure about being too obsessive over it, hoping if someone brings it up with me in conversation that if the topic is ever dropped, it will come back again very quickly. People aren't normally like this, are they? Maybe I do have a problem. I don't know. I just like it a lot.

The end product was unfortunately not the dying of my hair, though. That will unfortunately have to come later. @Violet for White Hair
-- -- --​
Thank you to everyone who's shown support for not only what I do, but who I am. I'm glad I can feel like I can be open with how I feel and not face judgment.
Thank you to @Jabberwock for kickstarting this entire post, and taking interest in my writing. I'm glad you told me what you did.
Thank you to @bbninjas for critiquing my format. I hope this is somewhat along the lines of what you meant, even if not using more photos doesn't make it the best example out there.
Thank you to the one friend who stayed up with me last night and talked about the topic I can say I'm now passionate about, in my own funny way. I plan for you to go unnamed unless you see this and request otherwise.

This is a crazy piece of my life I'm going through. It's really strange, but I do have to thank you for putting up with me through all this if you do follow what I do, or even down to the bare minimum of liking me as a person.
I'm certainly different and I'm sorry if I'm making it seem like I'm doing things like this to make myself seem special and different. It's how I feel and while I can't apologize for that, I'm sorry if this has been too much for people. Or if I've been too much for people in general, talking about personal things and being obsessive.

~ VioletValkyrie

Last edited:
It's funny that you bring up self-identity, actually, because it's a topic that I've been thinking long and hard about myself! I'm planning on making a discussion thread in the Beach Life dedicated to discussing it, so I won't make a comment on my own thoughts on it here, but I do find it quite topical that you've discussed it in your journal. It's always quite interesting to see the different positions that others have on topics, such as genderfluidity. As you said, most people are passionate about these topics, but it interestingly, that type and level of passion tends to vary by person. ^.^

It's funny that you bring up self-identity, actually, because it's a topic that I've been thinking long and hard about myself! I'm planning on making a discussion thread in the Beach Life dedicated to discussing it, so I won't make a comment on my own thoughts on it here, but I do find it quite topical that you've discussed it in your journal. It's always quite interesting to see the different positions that others have on topics, such as genderfluidity. As you said, most people are passionate about these topics, but it interestingly, that type and level of passion tends to vary by person. ^.^

I'd love to see a thread based on the topic and it would be great to have a place to discuss how I feel and what it's like for other people.
It's always different from person to person and it's cool to see how others feel about it and how that differs from your own personal outlook.

I've since edited posts such as this one as removing the old OP simply just removed all of the albums and blog entries they had. You can have a good idea of context of what was discussed by what I've left and the responses people have given, but I chose to remove what I felt was necessary.

UPDATE POST: 03/01/2017

New month, new post! Finally took some more pictures after a bit of a longer break.

-- Now for the actual blog post, and not just awkward photo explanations. --
I am writing, and it's pretty great, in all honesty. Apparently the less time it takes to come up with an idea for a fic, the better that fic ends up being, NTMPG being three days old and already having a great amount of follows and favourites, I'm loving the platform I'm using for my fics.

However, it's been really difficult as a writer when almost everyone you want to talk about your writing with is busy ignoring you and screaming about how someone's work is better than yours, either directly or indirectly, the pain's still there. I had to check my view traffic on one of my fics to convince myself that people enjoy my writing, especially now that one chapter is up and I have to try my best to turn my notes into an acceptable follow-up.
I don't want it to seem like I'm asking for sympathy, but all this jealousy can be soul-crushing and I don't quite know how to deal with it, just besides "Try to ignore it". I'm at least happy I haven't yelled at anyone about it.

So, for anyone aware, I recently started writing my newest fic, named Not The Most Popular Girl. I've really enjoyed writing my notes for it, but it's a setting that's really unique and that I couldn't have ever come up with on my own, it's based around a woodworking class.
I love this so much because I've had quite a bit of experience with woodworking in elementary school because one great story I have because this one new girl came into my class and we became friends. It's been really nice being reminded of those memories, and trying to tap into them for new ideas for this fic, further cementing that time in my life as one I'll never forget.

In terms of my current problems, they're still kind of the same, although I seem to be climbing out of my motivation damage pretty well.

-- End Note --
Thanks to Vracken, PikaMasterJesi, Jabberwock, and Keeper of Night for putting up with all the complaining I've been doing recently.
~ VioletValkyrie

Last edited:

UPDATE POST: 03/04/2017

I wrote something new, said more thanks about support for my currently existing writing, and had less personal, more casual things to say.

-- Now for the (hopefully) better blog post! --

Nintendo Switch is out and I don't have one! Oh well, my plan is still to pick one up at a later date, hopefully once I have the money for it, around Summer time.
I've been wanting to play multiplayer games with friends recently, and like the thought of it, although this usually comes with later regret due to said friends not feeling the same way, wishing to play the same games, or not willing to put my voice out in public for others. Seriously, why do voice mods have to be so difficult?

I'm slowly getting more and more people to watch RWBY, having my parents watch the first chapter of the second volume, and being introduced to another person through a mutual friend in a chat in which we're all nicknamed RWBY characters. Kind of adds onto more fun with Super Violet. Although, that's kind of more inside joke territory, but oh well.

Anyways, in terms of the typical personal things I talk about:

Chapter Three of Not The Most Popular Girl will go up tomorrow morning! I've continued to have a lot of fun writing this and it's awesome to continue having amazing support and love for it, and being able to write it regularly and make frequent uploads. I've recently just been waking up to e-mails telling me more people have followed or faved it, it's fantastic.
WVSS stays at a standstill for now. I've been having some small ideas for scenes, but they're all for much later arcs than what I've had to write currently. And while in notes I'll write those scenes and chain them together once my current writing catches up, for something this large, it doesn't really work that well.

Today was nice. I saw the girl I like today, she decided to come out. We didn't exchange any words, though, we didn't have anything to talk about. There wasn't much time, and she had left by the time I was finished. I've been talking more about her to a lot of people, which has been nice. It really doesn't help when she's pretty shy and quiet and I'm really hesitant and still prefer the "You lead, I follow" mindset.

...Actually, I think I may have had a lot less to talk about and show than I thought, maybe this post was just rushed and I didn't have anything. I don't know.

-- End Note --

Thanks to everyone I'd normally give frequent thanks to. Jesi, Vracken, bbninjas, Jabberwock, and Keeper of Night.
Thanks to those who were in the Skype chat earlier and put up with me talking about this, I'm still kind of hesitant about these things, it's good to know people will listen.
Thanks to everyone who's read what I've wrote, especially adding NTMPG to story alerts or favourites. Seriously, I can't express how much the support means to me.

~VioletValkyrie
-- End of Post --

Last edited:
Back