• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Vilegar Decklist

DarknessGrace

Vilegar Forever!!!
Hi everyone, this is my vilegar deck list, please feel free to leave any suggestions. Thank You.

Pokemon: 24
3x Gastly(SF)
3x Haunter(2 SF, 1 AR)
2x Gengar(SF)
1x Gengar level X(AR)
2x Oddish(UN)
2x Gloom(UN)
2x Vileplume(UN)
2x Mr. Mime(COL)
4x Spiritomb(AR)
1x Crobat G(PL)
2x Uxie(LA)

T/S/S: 25
4x Bebe's Search(RR)
1x Warp Point(MD)
2x Expert Belt(AR)
2x BTS(PL)
1x Volkner's Philosophy(RR)
2x Seeker(TR)
3x Professor Oak's New Theory(HGSS)
1x Pokemon Collector(HGSS)
3x Rare Candy(UL)
2x Pokemon Communication(HGSS)
2x Judge(UL)
1x Junk Arm(TR)
1x Fisherman(HGSS)
1x Twins(TR)

Energy: 11
2x Rescue(TR)
9x Psychic

My main strategy of this deck is to stall with spiritomb until you get out gengar. Then try to get out vileplume while you are attacking with gengar.

-2 Expert Belt(AR)
-3 Rare Candy(UL)
-2 Pokemon Communication(HGSS)
-2 Judge(UL)
-1 Junk Arm(TR)
-1 Fisherman(HGSS)
-1 Mr Mime
-1 Warp Point

Ok, being a trainer lock deck most of these are useless. I know there is a moment at start of game where trainer lock isnt always setup. But your goal is to lock trainers from start to finish. Expert belts are useless with your main attacker as he is droping damage counters or poltergeisting. Rare candy's CAN help early on, but darkness grace should save you from this. Pokemon comm are useless (trainers)

Judge isn't the best idea either. It's good hand disruption sure. But you are trying to get your opponenet to have AS MANY trainers / supporters / stadiums as possible for the damage boost. Judge takes them down to 4 which at most (if you were super lucky and they drew 4 T/S/S 120 damage. But most likely 30 - 60 after you judge them. Mr mime you only need 1.

Taking the above stuff out give you 13 spots, this lets you boost important consistency supporters.

+2 Pokemon Collector
I would go +1/1/1 on your gengar line aswell (all SF additions)
+1 BTS
+1 Seeker
+1 Rescue Energy
+2 Warp Energy
+1 Seeker
And consider a 1/1 line of slowking from HS or CoL (do the same thing)
Slowking lets you look at the top 3 cards of either players deck (lets assume your opponents) and but them back in any order. This can help make sure they keep drawing trainers. Even if they don't have trainers in the top 3, using Mr. Mime to see there hand, you can ensure whatever they draw is the LEAST helpfull to there current situation

I see what your saying. I mean I do have a lot of trainers and they really aren't helping me. What I usually do is hope that tomb is my starting basic and a gastly and Mr. Mime on the bench then I just let tomb get knocked out and sent up gengar and destroy. It seems that I try to alternate between setting up gengar and vileplume with the tomb.

about setting up who first- i run this deck with a blazekin Fb-FB X tech (1-1) for dialga 1 hit KO matchups so they arent messing up your lock for very long. in my opinon you should always always always go for the vileplume set up first (unless of course you get an hand like gastly hanter genger bts etc.) you may always want to set up vileplume first so you can get the earliest lock possible. you never know when spirttomb might take the fall and you weren't expecting it. so vileplume first is best because you lock earlyer not only adding the damge to their hand, but slowing their setup alot, just in case you need a turn or two for a full gengar. i hope i helped

You did. I usually set up gengar because it seems like a lot of games i play i get a bebe's an oddish, a gloom a tomb and a gastly. That's why i usually try to set up gengar first cause i have the resources to set up vileplume.

Yeah just take all the trainers out!
Especially if you have a mirror match, with that many trainers in your deck you set yourself up for a poor poor mirror match! Also, if you do get trainer lock early (like gallape said vileplume is ALWAYS first setup option) then all thoes trainers just become dead draws! Thats 10+ cards you wont need at all late game. Which is also going to hurt you. I also use the blaziken FB tech (1-1 line) sure you have level down with the X, but blaziken is 1HKO (on dialga X your biggest annoyance) and can also piss people off by dragging up something with a hefty retreat cost, then using the next turn or two to setup (also mr mime can check there hand for warp energy which is pretty much only way to get out of that situation under trainer lock)

Just try it without trainers, the deck maybe alot slower, but vilegar isn't a slow deck I normally always end up 1 - 2 prizes down. Then grab all 6 prizes quite quickly (once SF gar is setup and vileplume has been holding dmg in there hand)

If you're going to have a constant trainer lock as is passive of Vilegar drop the Junk Arm, Communication, and Belt. Belt does only slightly more damage and hurts you in the long run.

I would recommend 3 BTS and to up the seeker count. if you do want to run any trainers in it, just use VS seeker. use seeker to bring up the plume, then VS seeker to get a supporter you want to use again next turn, then lay plume back down. you need at least 2 warp energy to be able to retreat the vileplume if need be.

take out
1 mr.mime
1 crobat g
1 warp point
2 expert belt
1 volkners philosophy
1 professor oaks new theory
3 rare candies
2 pokemon communication
2 judge
2 fisherman
1 junk arm