• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Vilegar Build - Top Cut @ Oconomowoc States

*Bump* is this deck pretty much as good as it's going to get, or should I make any more changes? I've won most league matches, but not many people at my league are very good.

Yeah the only way you can really beat the DGX is if you have a LvX. Without the Vileplume poke-body you're just helpless. Do you have that in the decklist?

I have the Lv. X... look at the decklist, please, before posting. The Lv. X was prized when I was playing the DGX deck in top cut. The Cyrus help, but I'm thinking of putting in something more useful. At this point, I don't know what I could implement in.

maybe try adding an Azelf X, you already have an Azelf in there, so having the X to kill off your weakness will definitely help. also, how many bad portraits have you gotten with Smeargle? I run Jirachi RR as my starter instead. I usually have one active, and one benched. if I don't, I use final wish to get out a twins. then use it to get a jirachi and a means to retreat my active (warp energy usually) then use twins again with Jirachi's first attack. Jirachi also doesn't eat up an Unown Q.

maybe
-1 Smeargle
-1 Spiritomb
-1 Unown Q
for
+ 2 Jirachi RR
+ 1 Azelf X

also, Final wish can't be sprayed. maybe even mesprit drop proof. I'll have to check, but I'm pretty sure mesprint can't stop final wish.

I appreciate your ideas, but Smeargle has a lot more utility than Jirachi, and I need to run 4 Spiritombs and at least 2 Qs. Also, weakness is hardly a problem for this deck, and these really seem like rogue ideas. Also, Spiritomb is my starter - not Smeargle. He's in there if I have a crap hand and really need some magic, I don't use him often. I appreciate your ideas, and yes, Jirachi can't be sprayed or Power Locked because it happens during your opponent's turn - just like Fainting Spell. Sorry, my list is better as it is right now IMO.

Not really interested in running Blissey... and if this is your theory every Vilegar should run Blissey? Not really logical, though I appreciate everyone's help, unless there is something I REALLY need, then I will just keep this current list.

@Carlitosbob: True, but unfortunately Final Wish is easily bypassed. If you read the card it says "If Jirachi would be knocked out by damage from an attack." This means that if Jirachi dies due to the placing of damage counters(Shadow Room anyone?) or a status condition, Final Wish does absolutely nothing. I love Jirachi as much as the next person, but Final Wish is bypassed pretty easily.

Now, having said that, I still think it's a pretty good card and can be awesome in the right deck. A deck that discards energy will love Detouring Engineers Adjustments, and Detouring Collectors helps set up twice as fast. Only drawback is that you need to be able to play a supporter/start with one in your hand. Jirachi absolutely LOVES facing Sableye because it's auto going second.

the LvX is from AR not SF, ergo why i was asking if u had it or not because you're saying your entire 3-3-3-1 line is from SF.

@XFlameMasterX, it can be bypassed, but not a whole lot does status conditions. At least not in my area. It's more likely to get crobat dropped to death, but that's ok, cuz that just meansthey wasted drops since Jirachi is just a starter. Personally, I like to use it with TRT or Initiative. It's alot of fun when you don't have one out, but you draw into it with TRT, then swap actives and use detour.

even if you can't get final wish going, detour is good, and just in case, swift can hit mewtwo lv X. Barely... But it can hit it which is nice.

@Dia, given what your responses have been, the current list is probably as best as it's gonna get with the sets we have and with what seems like your play style is.

@ AzZona - I just use a Q and energy, it hasn't really been much of a problem, but I might throw one in.

Back