• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Vikavolt + Leafeon

burcs

Aspiring Trainer
Hi,

I've playing leafeon-gx for quite a while now and I wanted to see if I can maximize its potential. In parallel, I was thinking if there's any other option than Tapu Bulu for Vikavolt.

Leafeon-gx is fair. But, when playing tag-team with another leafeon, they become much harder to deal with. However, it takes 6 energy to power this, and powering leafeon via DCE is basically an open invitation for an enhanced hammer.

Thus, Vikeon.

This is an open discussion about the merits of this build and an invitation for fellow people who like Vikavolt/Vikabulu to experiment. It's not a rant against VikaBulu, a deck which I really like.

The good:
* We're no longer dependent on Vikavolt post-setup. no more sniping the vikavolt with guzma after a nature's judgement. mildly improved garbotoxin resistence. we can use excess energy to power a secondary line like Xurkitree-GX, Jolteon-EX or vileplume.
* Leafeon-GX is harder to OHKO. Necrozma-GX needs to discard 4 energy now and Ultra Necrozma needs to discard 3.
* 2HKO resilience extends past tapu wilderness GX attack, in particular for Zoroark-GX and baby buzzwole it becomes much harder to deal with Leafeons.

The Bad:
* Lesser damage output. we're now at 2HKO for most everything out there.
* 4 Eevees take up more expensive deck space (in exchange for choice bands mainly... but still)
* Practically doesn't escape OHKO from Buzzwole-gx knuckle punch or GX attack.
* Zoroark can easily field-blow the float stones or do interim heals. so we're limited to maybe 2-3 tag-teams at best.

Side tech also changes. I've played a 2-2 Oddish/Vileplume support line and I wasn't too happy with it. I'm suggesting (can't playtest what I don't have) Xurkitree-gx (our GX attack is now not needed, so it makes for a nice setback) and Jolteon-EX (using the 'spare' vikavolt capacity to give hell to necrozma and buzzwole decks). I've considered changing the oranguru to remoraid/octillery, adding a charjabug and using grand bloom as a 'backup' board setup procedure or even throwing arceus prism star into it, but these are a bit too outlandish perhaps.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List / Manually modified from actual to more optimal ******

##Pokémon - 19

* 4 Eevee SUM 101
* 3 Leafeon-GX UPR 13
* 1 Oranguru SUM 113
* 4 Grubbin SUM 13
* 3 Vikavolt PR-SM SM28
* 1 Xurkitree-GX
* 1 Jolteon-EX
* 2 Tapu-Lele

##Trainer Cards - 30

* 2 Ultra Ball DEX 102
* 4 Rare Candy SUM 129
* 3 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 2 Brigette BKT 134
* 1 Cynthia UPR 119
* 2 Energy Recycler GRI 123
* 2 Skyla BKT 148
* 4 Field Blower GRI 125
* 2 Guzma BUS 115
* 1 N FCO 105
* 2 Heavy Ball NXD 88
* 3 Float Stone BKT 137
* 1 Lillie UPR 125

##Energy - 11

* 5 Lightning Energy Energy 4
* 6 Grass Energy Energy 1

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

1 Cynthia and 1 N?
You might want some more draw support and I don't think you need Lele and Oranguru, you might run out of bench space. You already have 2 vikavolts accelerating. You probably won't need 3 vikavolts as well as 2 Leles, an Oranguru, Leafeon, Jolteon and Xurkitree.

I think you have too many pokemon in your deck and you might want to swap them out for some trainers.
Not trying to be offensive, its a nice deck list but there are too many pokemon.

You're right... When I edited the list I didn't -1 Brigette which I added because I don't actually have a lele. so that's 1 more draw supporter. and at least one of jolteon or xurkie have to go if not both.

Keep everything maybe just swap out Jolteon, it really isnt needed as you already have Xurkitree which is great

Back