• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Zorbees! (Vespiquen/Zoroarks)

FrostBiter12

Upcoming Worlds Competitor!
Have you thought about playing puzzle of time? you can use it by playing 1 to get favorable cards with trade, or play 2 to get stuff from your discard.

Nice thought, but we had already tried that. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. In Expanded, where there are many Item Lock decks running around, Puzzles isn't as appealing if you can't use them. Anyways, VS Seeker grabs a supporter which is really all you need to grab from the discard pile. As @GekkisaiDaiNi mentioned, there isn't enough space to fit in in unless you take something valuable out. If you want more details, we had discussed it earlier in the thread. Good idea though!

FrostBiter12

How about revitaliser?

I play one Rescue Stretcher so you can grab any one Pokémon or shuffle a Vespiquen line into your deck (since Vespiquen is useless in your hand when you use Revitalizer). I suggest that instead, but you can try Revitalizer if you like it better.

FrostBiter12

How about sacred ash?

Once again, the reason I play Rescue Stretcher is because it gives you two options (pick up one Pokémon or shuffle in three), and I like having either option (especially since it saves space). The option to shuffle five Pokémon somewhat counteracts Vespiquen, so I wouldn't suggest it. It's good to go over these things though, you never know when you can find a great card for Vespiquen/Zoroark GX. Nice idea though!

FrostBiter12

How about a machoke for anti-Oricorio?

The only problem I'd have with that is space, but if I can find room for it, I'll try it out. Karen doesn't really work against Zoroark GX/Vespiquen, so taking out Oricorio will remove any chance of a cheap tech taking the game.

FrostBiter12

you could possibly remove your own oricorio and one unown for them, they are pokemon to discard anyway.

Depends on the crowd. For a local tournaments, I'll have to decide on what to do based upon what I see there. For bigger tournaments though, I'd rather go with a safer option (something more consistent). I wouldn't remove the Unown (I'd like to keep that count at four), but I'd consider the Oricorio. Just have to find something else now. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll keep it in mind.

FrostBiter12

Why are you running DEX Zorua? It only has 50 HP and both of its attacks require [D] energy.

I got confused as well. This DEX Zorua is referring to the 60 HP Zorua that allows you to flip a coin for Paralysis with one [C]. There are two different Zoruas in the DEX set.