Ruling Updated Rules Documents

PokeMedic

Don't talk to me or my Pokemon ever again
Articles Staff
On July 11th Pokemon updated their Play! documents. Here's a run down of what has changed. If you're a maverick organizer you may want to note Section 5 of the sanctioning guidelines, and if you're any kind of TO take note of section 10.1 in the league document.

Tournament Operation Procedures
  • Section 3.1.1 Update to age divisions for 2019 season "Play! Pokémon supports three different age divisions: Junior (born in 2008 or later), Senior (born in 2004, 2005, 2006, or 2007), and Masters (born in 2003 or earlier). If there are at least six (6) players from each age division at the tournament, Age-Separated (Podded) Swiss should be used."
    Section 3.3.5 Rule change: "Every player with 19 or more match points or the Top 32 ranked players, whichever is greater, makes Day Two of Swiss rounds."
Tournament Sanctioning Regulations
  • Section 4 - "Clarification of existing rule: To remain sanctioned, a tournament must have at least 8 participating players. Of those players, at least 8 must complete 2 or more rounds."
  • Section 5 - "...the Organizer must be present at the tournament while it is taking place." (this is always what was expected, but with how fractured the organizer and judge system is nowadays some clarification is necessary)
TCG Penalty Guidelines
  • Section 2.1 Clarification of existing rule: "The penalties for infractions are simply recommendations and may be increased or decreased in severity based on circumstances, which may include the point at which the error was caught and the ease with which the corresponding action may be reversed.” (this again has always been done to different extents from judge to judge -now it's just been codified for reasons)
League Rules & Guidance
  • Section 4.1 Clarification to existing rule: "If the last Season you ordered for has not been reported, you will be unable to place an order until that Season’s attendance has been submitted, and then only if the order window is still open. It is in the best interest of your League to report promptly so you don’t miss the opportunity to order supplies."
  • Section 10.1 Update to "League Cup eligibility criteria for Leagues located in the US and Canada: Your League must currently run League Challenges, and must have maintained 4–6 months of consistent and successful League Challenge activity. Your League must currently run Prereleases, and must have completed all such events successfully. If your League meets the above criteria, you do not need to take any additional steps—you will be informed of your eligibility via the contact email address listed on your League Details page."

Last edited:

PokeMedic

Don't talk to me or my Pokemon ever again
Articles Staff
No, nothing like that. The documentation never mentions prize support. Prizes are the decision of the organizers themselves.