• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Umbreon/Mewtwo (Seniors States)

Blastagator

Kingdra Player!
Pokemon: 21
3 Umbreon UD
1 Umbreon MD
4 Eevee UD (Call for family)
2 Mewtwo Lv. X LA
2 Mewtwo MD
3 Sableye SF
3 Crobat G PL
2 Uxie LA
1 Azelf LA

T/S/S: 27
4 SSU
4 Poketurns
3 Pokemon Rescue
3 Pokedex handy 910is
1 Luxury Ball
4 Seeker
2 Bebe's Search
2 PONT
2 Pokemon Collector
1 Palmer's Contribution
1 BTS

Energy:12
4 {P}
4 {D}
4 sp. {D}
Strategy: Try to get a donk with Sableye. If it doesn't work, start walling with Mewtwo Lv. X against SP and wall with Umbreon against Gengar, Kingdra, Donphan, and Scizor.

Well, at least you have a Machamp counter. :)

So, I'll start with Pokemon. You might want to consider dropping a Crobat G for a Sableye. 3 will clog your bench, and 4 will get you a consistent start. Also, you might want to consider dropping your Umby line to 3-3. This might open up some good spots for other useful cards. So the Pokemon line might look something like this:

3-3 Umbreon UD with 1 Umbreon MD
2-2 Mewtwo LV.X
4 Sableye SF
2 Crobat G
2 Uxie LA
1 Azelf LA

Okay, that should do you some good.

Next, the T/S/S(my favorite part) :) Okay, you play 8 bench returners. 8. You should have a max of 5 in any combination of SSU and Seeker. I understand this might be for donk, but Sableye always goes first.. soo, you might just want to reduce it a bit, I reccommend 3 Seeker and 2 SSU. With Poketurns, there should be Cyrus's Conspiracy. You have 3 open spots, so why not add 3? And as for BTS you should play at least 2 or none at all. You could drop the Pokedex for Uxie LV.X and Unown Q, but its NBD. And maybe drop a Pokemon Rescue for a Pokemon Communication, to search without using a valuable Supporter. So it might look something like this:

3 Cyrus's Conspiracy
2 SSU
3 Seeker
2 Bebe's Search
2 Pokemon Collector
3 Pokedex(optional to remove)
2 Pokemon Collector
2 PONT

And for the energy, the least exciting part. All you have to do is drop a basic Darkness energy or two and add a basic Psychic or two.

Sorry if this was too much for you to handle(I'm sure it wasn't), and hope I helped! (and if you do play this, good luck at States!) :)

I use the bench returners for if I have a Mewtwo Lv. X out I can bench Crobats and then return them so they can't snipe with Garchomp C Lv. X. And also I need the 4-4 Umbreon to help wall against decks like gengar. I will try what you said about the T/S/S and energy.

you ar estill going to loose, you haven't come up with any way to stop palkia g x from getting them to your lost zone, and if you just killed a gengar prime, then you can 1 hit kill a palkia g x this turn. also, why not just build a deck every knows is good, but still cann't always defeat?
example- lost world, luxchomp, gyrados, vilegar, regigas, gachamp, ect.

Not all Gengar Prime decks are going to run Palkia G Lv. X. I can outspeed Gengar Prime decks also. And the reason I don't use lost world, luxchomp, gyrados, vilegar, regigas, gachamp, etc. is because I don't have the money and I would rather lose with a deck that is my own than win with a deck everyone else has.

why does it really matter, you shouldn't have a defensless evee out their add some spiritomb
-4 sableye
+4 spiritomb

I only had 3 Sableye to start off with. also, if I can't get the donk with Sableye and I have an Eevee, I Impersonate for a bebe's search and get out Umbreon. (I won't let Eevees get KO'D because they are my favorite Pokemon. So if they do manage to KO one, I get my revenge)

Back