• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Umbreon GX, Yveltals

TyTheWingedCat

Podsquad
Now, Umbreon GX is a great attacker, having Pitch Black Spear from a past Darkrai EX but with a better cost. This deck is focused on spread damage and Energy Denial, Which is always fun for the opponent.

Pokemon: 15
Eevee S/M 101: 4
Umbreon GX S/M 142: 3
Jolteon AOR 26: 1
Yveltal BKT 94: 2
Yveltal EX XY 79: 1
Shaymin EX ROS 77: 2
Yveltal BREAK STS 66: 2

Trainers:
Professor Sycamore: 4
VS Seeker: 4
Ultra Ball: 4
Wide Lens: 3
N: 3
Max Elixer: 3
Trainers Mail: 3
Timer Ball: 2
Lysandre: 2
Enhanced Hammer: 2
Olympia: 1
Team Flare Grunt: 1
Super Rod: 1
Hex Maniac: 1

Energy:
3 Double Colorless energy
8 Darkness energy

Last edited:
-1 Olympia
-3 wide lens
-1 jolteon

+1 switch
+1 DCE
+1 Yveltal BKT
+1 Max Elixir
+1 Trainer Mail

Choice Band isn't even around yet, so running Jolteon is kind of pointless, at least for the time being. Also, Wide Lens is a waste of space, especially if you get rid of Jolteon.
-1 Jolteon
-3 Wide Lens

I can see Yveltal BREAK being a little useful, especially if you're spreading damage around with Umbreon, but running 2 is a little overkill.
-1 Yveltal BREAK

Not only is Timer Ball unreliable, you only run a few evolution cards, most of which are eeveelutions, so you can just use Energy Evolution to get them out. The last evolution is Yveltal BREAK, which, as I said, isn't that crucial, so it's not really worth the Timer Ball spaces.
-2 Timer Ball

Maxing out the DCE count is a must, especially considering that all of your attackers can make use of it.
+1 Double Colorless Energy

Stadiums are important. I'd run a few to win the stadium war, if nothing else.
+2 Parallel City

Other than Olympia, you don't really have a solid way of retreating.
+2 Float Stone
+1 Escape Rope

Hand disruption is good, and Delinquent is definitely helpful if you only decide to run a couple stadiums.
+1 Delinquent

Here are a few other suggestions:
  • Although Yveltal BREAK can take advantage of Umbreon-GX and its pre-evolution's attacks, I'd do some testing to see how helpful it really is.
  • Even though it's a nice consistency booster, I don't really think that the third N is that useful. This deck tries to be aggressive and get an early attack off, so N will quickly become unuseful.
  • I think Professor Kukui could be nice. It would bump up Umbreon-GX's Shadow Bullet up to 110 to get the OHKO on Shaymins.
  • Team Skull Grunt could also be fun with the disruption theme. Having hand and board disruption is always powerful.
  • Choice Band and Alter of the Moone from SM Strengthening will be nice in this deck. Dealing 30 extra to GXs and EXs would make the math a bit nicer on Umbreon, and Yveltal as well. Umbreon's Shadow Bullet and Yveltal's Y-Cyclone would OHKO Shaymins. Umbreon would then 2HKO everything, and an Evil Ball with 3 energy on both active 'mons would do 170. Alter of the Moone could give free retreat to anything in the deck while they have Dark Energy on them, which not only would increase maneuverability and options when attacking, but would also allow you to take out some other switching cards, and free up space for other cards you might want.
  • Maybe try and see if you can find a place for Professor's Letter. It lets you get out basic energy to evolve into your Umbreon.
Final Notes:
  • I don't think you should try and fit in a maxed count of Max Elixir or Trainers' Mail. Ideally, you want to be manually attaching a fair amount to quickly evolve your Eevees, so having extra Max Elixir could pull energy from your deck that you could be drawing into. For Trainers' Mail, 3 is plenty to draw into it often, and if you have 4, you have an increased chance of T-Mailing into another Mail, which you can't take.

@xTITAN Thank you very much for you suggestions! I don't know how I didn't think of them, I had stadiums in the list before... but when i was posting it half the cards disappeared and I forgot a few of the cards that disappeared...
I will Remove 1 N and add the Team Skull Grunt, because energy denial is fun. I would like to find room for the Kukui and the 4th Elixer, but only Play Testing will tell.

Not Pitch Black Spear but Night Spear from DEX Darkrai EX

I'm not sure about the Yveltal Break. Although it does additional bench damage, the energy costs are hard to get out, especially if you are feeding Evee early and Yveltal BKT from Max elixir. Stick with the Fright Night Yveltal and Umbreon GX.

Silent Lab or Parallel City, perhaps?

Given the amount of darkness energy you are rolling, it seems like it would make a lot of sense to splash a Darkrai EX just to potentially take advantage of it in. Never hurts to have a "mop up" hammer taking advantage of all your previous hard work right? :)

A few comments for your consideraton:
  • With the SM cards, lots of New G Poké may be used in decks. So, Flareon (AOR) may be worthy for inclusion.
  • IMO, you really don't need the Wide Lens since there aren't many Pokémon with D Weakness.
  • Why no Yveltal (Oblivion Wing) as another non-EX attacker that also can recover discarded D energy?
  • Why no Professor Kukui to provide damage output boost and supplemental card-draw support?
  • No Reverse Valley for damage output damage and counter Stadium???
  • No Parallel City to remove unwanted (or liabilities) Pokémon from your bench?
  • Should you not thin-out your deck sufficiently, the Max Elixirs with not be that effective when running only 8 Basic energy.
Suggested card changes for improvement (IMO) to consider:

-1 Enhanced Hammer - lower priority
-1 Max Elixir
-1 N - lower priority
-1 Ultra Ball (or keep should you not think G Pokémon will be popular in your area)
-3 Wide Lens

+1 Flareon (AOR) (or drop should you not think G Pokémon will be popular in your area)
+1 Yveltal (Oblivion Wing)
+2 Delinquent / Parallel City / Reverse Valley
+2 Professor Kukui
+1 D

I hope you find these comments helpful.

Back