• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Umbreon GX Deck

Tyler Beta

Fookin' laser sights!!!!
Since the most of the decks I was going to try and build are now in expanded, I need to make a new deck. I want to try and make a Umbreon GX, but I really don't know where to start. Does anyone have any ideas?

KabuTopgun

Revived Ninja.
First of all, this is only for actual decklists. A mod will probably move this thread soon.

Hmm, from what I can tell he's basically a clunky version of the old, infamous Darkrai EX. In other words there's not a lot to say; Shadow Bullet is a decent attack(at least can be used with DCE) and you can use the GX attack for interruption.
You're really just looking at a 'Dark Box' deck; reliable Dark monsters that do different things; Yveltal, Darkrai etc. Darkrai GX can be fun for a different angle, but Umbreon works without running any energy gain so it's superfluous.

alukra

Aspiring Trainer
Hi I use Umbreon Gx pair up with Zoroark and work really well, my only problem is Gardevoir

My List

Pokémon 20
4 Eeevee
3 Umbreon Gx
3 Zorua
3 Zoroark
2 Zoroark Break
1 Oranguru
2 Tapu Lele Gx
1 Tauros
1 Drampa

Supporter 26
3 Sycamore
4 N
1 Shauna
1 Ninja boy
1 Brigette
1 Skyla
3 Guzma
4 Ultraball
3 Choice band
2 Float stone
1 Reverse valley
1 Super rod
1 rescue stretcher

Energy 12
8 Dark Energy
4 DCE

I forgot 4 slots but that are pretty the most I use, hope that helps you.

Tyler Beta

Fookin' laser sights!!!!
Hi I use Umbreon Gx pair up with Zoroark and work really well, my only problem is Gardevoir

My List

Pokémon 20
4 Eeevee
3 Umbreon Gx
3 Zorua
3 Zoroark
2 Zoroark Break
1 Oranguru
2 Tapu Lele Gx
1 Tauros
1 Drampa

Supporter 26
3 Sycamore
4 N
1 Shauna
1 Ninja boy
1 Brigette
1 Skyla
3 Guzma
4 Ultraball
3 Choice band
2 Float stone
1 Reverse valley
1 Super rod
1 rescue stretcher

Energy 12
8 Dark Energy
4 DCE

I forgot 4 slots but that are pretty the most I use, hope that helps you.
I could run Garbodor with Trashalanche and Rainbow Energy in it for Gardevoir. What do you think?

Draskk

Blast From The Past
I could run Garbodor with Trashalanche and Rainbow Energy in it for Gardevoir. What do you think?
Don't do that, Garbodor doesn't do much to Gardevoir either and that would be insanely clunky. Lele provides a soft counter for Gardevoir as it 2HKOs a 3 Energy Garde if it has a Choice Band. Here is what I would recommend:

Pokémon (19):

3x Umbreon-GX
4x Eevee
2x Zoroark BREAK
3x Zoroark
3x Zorua
1x Oranguru
3x Tapu-Lele-GX

Trainers (31):

4x Sycamore
4x N
1x Brigette
3x Guzma
1x Acerola
1x Team Flare Grunt
4x Ultra Ball
2x Field Blower
1x Rescue Stretcher
1x Super Rod
1x Special Charge
4x Choice Band
2x Float Stone
2x Reverse Valley

Energy (10):

6x Darkness Energy
4x Double Colorless Energy

Hope this was helpful :)

Tyler Beta

Fookin' laser sights!!!!
Don't do that, Garbodor doesn't do much to Gardevoir either and that would be insanely clunky. Lele provides a soft counter for Gardevoir as it 2HKOs a 3 Energy Garde if it has a Choice Band. Here is what I would recommend:

Pokémon (19):

3x Umbreon-GX
4x Eevee
2x Zoroark BREAK
3x Zoroark
3x Zorua
1x Oranguru
3x Tapu-Lele-GX

Trainers (31):

4x Sycamore
4x N
1x Brigette
3x Guzma
1x Acerola
1x Team Flare Grunt
4x Ultra Ball
2x Field Blower
1x Rescue Stretcher
1x Super Rod
1x Special Charge
4x Choice Band
2x Float Stone
2x Reverse Valley

Energy (10):

6x Darkness Energy

Thank you

Jacktropolis

Aspiring Trainer
I love Umbreon and because of that I have used Umbreon GX waaayyy too much lol....in my time testing/using this card I've found it goes well with Zoroark and my most successful build has surprisingly been with Drampa GX focusing mainly on energy denial....I'm talking 4 crushing hammers, team flare grunt/plumeria and Drampa righteous edge is good too and then of course you have Umbreons GX move, it's not great but it can hold its own..hope this helped!!

KabuTopgun

Revived Ninja.
I love Umbreon and because of that I have used Umbreon GX waaayyy too much lol....in my time testing/using this card I've found it goes well with Zoroark and my most successful build has surprisingly been with Drampa GX focusing mainly on energy denial....I'm talking 4 crushing hammers, team flare grunt/plumeria and Drampa righteous edge is good too and then of course you have Umbreons GX move, it's not great but it can hold its own..hope this helped!!
This gives me an idea; you could make a twist on the classic 'Quad Sylveon GX' deck, dropping one Sylveon GX to add 1-2 Umbreon GX, along with altering the energy lineup to include a few Dark energy and 4 Professor's Letter... Sure, Sylveon's GX attack can be paired with Team Skull Grunt, but Umbreon GX is certainly more direct.

I'm also looking at Umbreon GX as a reliable attacker for a separate combo deck; just need a reliable attacker to distribute damage evenly while I'm setting up and he seems to fit nicely. That deck is my own invention though, and I'm still figuring out how it all goes together. May post a list sometime

Tyler Beta

Fookin' laser sights!!!!

Pokémon (19):

3x Umbreon-GX
4x Eevee
2x Zoroark BREAK
3x Zoroark
3x Zorua
1x Oranguru
3x Tapu-Lele-GX

Trainers (31):

4x Sycamore
4x N
1x Brigette
3x Guzma
1x Acerola
1x Team Flare Grunt
4x Ultra Ball
2x Field Blower
1x Rescue Stretcher
1x Super Rod
1x Special Charge
4x Choice Band
2x Float Stone
2x Reverse Valley

Energy (10):

6x Darkness Energy

which Zoroark

TCG_Destory

Darkness player

Pokémon (19):

3x Umbreon-GX
4x Eevee
2x Zoroark BREAK
3x Zoroark
3x Zorua
1x Oranguru
3x Tapu-Lele-GX

Trainers (31):

4x Sycamore
4x N
1x Brigette
3x Guzma
1x Acerola
1x Team Flare Grunt
4x Ultra Ball
2x Field Blower
1x Rescue Stretcher
1x Super Rod
1x Special Charge
4x Choice Band
2x Float Stone
2x Reverse Valley

Energy (10):

6x Darkness Energy

Problem with Tapu Lele against Gardevoir: they will one hit KO you while you two hit KO them. However I recommend putting Espeon-EX in the deck and sniping Gardevoir-GX with Shadow Bullet beforewards to get devastating Knockouts with Miraculous Shine.

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Problem with Tapu Lele against Gardevoir: they will one hit KO you while you two hit KO them. However I recommend putting Espeon-EX in the deck and sniping Gardevoir-GX with Shadow Bullet beforewards to get devastating Knockouts with Miraculous Shine.
I don't really see this working, since you need two Shadow Bullets to get 60 damage on a benched Gardey, then if they evolved Ralts-Kirlia-Garde, you need another Shadow Bullet to take a Miraculous Shine KO. It's way too slow IMO.

Jacktropolis

Aspiring Trainer
Would zoroark-GX be good for this deck?
I've been using Zoroark GX with Umbreon GX and Hoopa SHL and it's solid.... Umbreons snipe damage is very useful late game since Zoroark GX has kinda a low damage cap....Hoopa is a good wall too that some decks just can't get around