Discussion Ultra Prism Partial and Almost Official Set List

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
Ultra Prism is coming in February 2018, the set contains 150+ cards from Japanese SM5 sets, and SM4+, GX Battle Boost.

Unfortunately, out of 10 GXs we expect to see in this set, Japan gives us 6. #Socks! But we have also 6 Prism Star cards.

This set list is courtesy of @steffenka , but I'll changes some a bit.
  1. Exeggcute
  2. Yanma
  3. Yanmega
  4. Roselia
  5. Roserade
  6. Turtwig
  7. Turtwig
  8. Grotle
  9. Torterra
  10. Cherubi
  11. Cherrim
  12. Carnivine
  13. Leafeon GX
  14. Mow Rotom
  15. Shaymin
  16. Dewpider
  17. Araquanid
  18. Magmar
  19. Magmortar
  20. Chimchar
  21. Chimchar
  22. Monferno
  23. Infernape
  24. Heat Rotom
  25. Salandit
  26. Salazzle
  27. Turtonator
  28. Alolan Sandshrew
  29. Alolan Sandslash
  30. Alolan Vulpix
  31. Piplup
  32. Piplup
  33. Prinplup
  34. Empoleon
  35. Buizel
  36. Floatzel
  37. Snover
  38. Abomasnow
  39. Glaceon GX
  40. Wash Rotom
  41. Frost Rotom
  42. Manaphy
  43. Tapu Fini
  44. Electabuzz
  45. Electivire
  46. Shinx
  47. Shinx
  48. Luxio
  49. Luxray
  50. Pachirisu
  51. Rotom
  52. Drifloon
  53. Drifblim
  54. Spiritomb
  55. Skorubi
  56. Drapion
  57. Croagunk
  58. Toxicroak
  59. Giratina Prism Star
  60. Cresselia
  61. Cosmog
  62. Lunala Prism Star
  63. Dawn Wings Necrozma GX
  64. Cranidos
  65. Rampardos
  66. Riolu
  67. Lucario
  68. Hippopotas
  69. Hippowdon
  70. Passimian
  71. Murkrow
  72. Honchkrow
  73. Sneasel
  74. Weavile
  75. Stunky
  76. Skuntank
  77. Darkrai Prism Star
  78. Alolan Diglett
  79. Alolan Dugtrio
  80. Magnemite
  81. Magnemite
  82. Magneton
  83. Magnezone
  84. Shieldon
  85. Bastiodon
  86. Bronzor
  87. Bronzong
  88. Heatran
  89. Solgaleo Prism Star
  90. Dusk Mane Necrozma GX
  91. Magearna
  92. Morelull
  93. Shiinotic
  94. Tapu Lele
  95. Alolan Exeggutor
  96. Gible
  97. Gible
  98. Gabite
  99. Garchomp
  100. Dialga GX
  101. Palkia GX
  102. Lickitung
  103. Lickilicky
  104. Eevee
  105. Eevee
  106. Buneary
  107. Lopunny
  108. Glameow
  109. Purugly
  110. Fan Rotom
  111. Shaymin
  112. Yungoos
  113. Gumshoos
  114. Oranguru
  115. Type: Null
  116. Silvally GX
  117. Drampa
  118. Ancient Crystal
  119. Cynthia
  120. Cyrus Prism Star
  121. Electric Memory
  122. Escape Board
  123. Fire Memory
  124. Gardenia
  125. Lillie
  126. Looker
  127. Looker's Whistle
  128. Mars
  129. Missing Clover
  130. Mount Coronet
  131. Mysterious Fossil
  132. Order Pad
  133. Pal Pad
  134. Pokemon Fan Club
  135. Volkner
  136. Super Boost Energy Prism Star
  137. Unit Energy GRW
  138. Unit Energy LPM
  139. Leafeon GX
  140. Pheromosa GX
  141. Glaceon GX
  142. Xurkitree GX
  143. Dawn Wings Necrozma GX
  144. Celesteela GX
  145. Dusk Mane Necrozma GX
  146. Dialga GX
  147. Palkia GX
  148. Cynthia
  149. Gardenia
  150. Lana
  151. Lillie
  152. Looker
  153. Lusamine
  154. Mars
  155. Pokemon Fan Club
  156. Volkner
  157. Leafeon GX RR *
  158. Pheromosa GX RR *
  159. Glaceon GX RR *
  160. Xurkitree GX RR *
  161. Dawn Wings Necrozma GX RR *
  162. Celesteela GX RR *
  163. Dusk Mane Necrozma GX RR *
  164. Dialga GX RR *
  165. Palkia GX RR *
  166. Lunala GX SR *
  167. Solgaleo GX RR *
  168. Crushing Hammer SR *
  169. Escape Board SR *
  170. Missing Clover SR *
  171. Pal Pad SR *
  172. Unit Energy GRW SR *
  173. Unit Energy LPM SR *

I want to ask your help if you have something to add. This set is hard-to-predict.

Last edited:

Timmony_tcg

Aspiring Trainer
I don’t think there can be a space between Volkner and Super Boost Energy, since the current list has 18 Trainers and 3 Special Energy, as advertised.

As it stands, I believe that TCPi is counting the reprints of the previous Ultra Beasts (Pheromosa, Xurkitree, Celesteela) towards their UB and GX counts. It kinda makes sense from a marketing perspective to advertise your new set as having “FIVE ULTRA BEASTS” rather than a measly two (the Necrozma formes).

If this were true, we know all the UBs in the set, and nine of the ten GXs. My personal vote for the tenth is Palossand, since it’s an older promo, but it wouldn’t be unreasonable to assume Alolan Raticate.

Mr. Rhyperior

But why didn't count Bulu and DayLyc as part of 12 GXs of BUS, despite of having FA/RR?

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
But why didn't count Bulu and DayLyc as part of 12 GXs of BUS, despite of having FA/RR?
You are correct, those three won't count. You put in 2 #136s BTW. This makes it so that Mars fits in the 156 cards in set. You could also pretty much guarantee that

#171-Lunala GX (Gold)
#172-Solgaleo GX (Gold)
#173-Crushing Hammer (SR)
#174-Escape Board (SR)
#175-Missing Clover (SR)
#176-Pal pad (SR)
#177-Unit Energy GRW (SR)
#178-Unit Energy LPM (SR)

Last edited:

Mr. Rhyperior

You are correct, those three won't count. You put in 2 #136s BTW. This makes it so that Mars fits in the 156 cards in set. You could also pretty much guarantee that

#171-Lunala GX (Gold)
#172-Solgaleo GX (Gold)
#173-Crushing Hammer (SR)
#174-Escape Board (SR)
#175-Missing Clover (SR)
#176-Pal pad (SR)
#177-Unit Energy GRW (SR)
#178-Unit Energy LPM (SR)
Ya, right, Floettie. This set is hard to predict for me. We don't know how to insert 3 UB GXs, and 1 Regular GX in this set to comolete the Magic 156. TPCi trick us, set predictors. Wait, Maybe one of the last Regular GX is Forest Silvally. Hopefully, not.

jessalakasam

Ya, right, Floettie. This set is hard to predict for me. We don't know how to insert 3 UB GXs, and 1 Regular GX in this set to comolete the Magic 156. TPCi trick us, set predictors. Wait, Maybe one of the last Regular GX is Forest Silvally. Hopefully, not.
I suspected 4 GXs in US, 4 in UM plus Guzzy and Silvally originally :/ I hope Silvally is just a promo. Also, I think the 4 GXs from Ultra Force will be the last 4 (obviously we aren't 100% the set will have 4 :p) I could be wrong but I have no clue where the other GXs would be from. (also you still haven't fixed the fact that you said SBE and Unit Energy GRW are both #163). If I had to guess, maybe the alt. type cards will get cut?

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
If the alternate type cards got cut, that would remove Dewpider (16), Araquanid (17), Morelull (92), Shiinotic (93) and Tapu Lele (94). This could leave room for the Alolan Raticate GX, as well as the accompanying Alolan Rattata, and maybe also the Beast Ball and Phione promos. Though there still is those darn Ultra Beasts...
Maybe the Fire & Electric Memories are released with the GX Battle Boost Silvally in a promo box?

jessalakasam

If the alternate type cards got cut, that would remove Dewpider (16), Araquanid (17), Morelull (92), Shiinotic (93) and Tapu Lele (94). This could leave room for the Alolan Raticate GX, as well as the accompanying Alolan Rattata, and maybe also the Beast Ball and Phione promos. Though there still is those darn Ultra Beasts...
Maybe the Fire & Electric Memories are released with the GX Battle Boost Silvally in a promo box?
Faticate (and Palossand) were distributed in the same way as Tsareena GX and Bewear GX meaning it's probably going to be in a promo box

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
Faticate (and Palossand) were distributed in the same way as Tsareena GX and Bewear GX meaning it's probably going to be in a promo box
I know that, but we still have the 4 unknown GX cards, and Raticate (or Palossand for that matters) are still candidates, since we don't really have any other current GX cards - other than Silvally from Battle Boost

jessalakasam

I know that, but we still have the 4 unknown GX cards, and Raticate (or Palossand for that matters) are still candidates, since we don't really have any other current GX cards - other than Silvally from Battle Boost
IMO they're from SM5+ Ultra Force

Timmony_tcg

Aspiring Trainer
As a slight side note, can we even be sure that Fini will be in this set?

The non-GX Koko was released as a promo, and that was the plan for Lele as well. Japan got a non-GX Bulu all the way back in SM2+, and that hasn’t been shoehorned into any set as of now (possibly because they’re saving it to be part of a future product).

I believe, then, that all of these non-GX Tapus could be intended to be promos - maybe then Fini could be another potential cut?

cardgjammer

Aspiring Trainer

Don't forget steel magnezone... :(

^ I expect the rainbow rare celesteela-GX, the rainbow rare pheromosa-GX and the rainbow rare xurkitree that we didn't get previously to appear in this set as our UBs-- and then Silvally as the fourth GX, as otherwise, the memories will have no prerelease use... :(

^ If they're removing Tapu Lele, hope the pins are not cancelled, or else I can imagine November's set being American-exclusive and called "Lost Treasures", and be the final S&M set before the pokemon Switch generation is released, and its card version is released in japan... Why do you wait until the very end of the gen just to get it out??? :(

^

jessalakasam

Don't forget steel magnezone... :(
[M] Magnezone isn't an alt-type reprint; new HP, retreat, and attack
I expect the rainbow rare celesteela-GX, the rainbow rare pheromosa-GX and the rainbow rare xurkitree that we didn't get previously to appear in this set as our UBs-- and then Silvally as the fourth GX, as otherwise, the memories will have no prerelease use... :(
Once again the 10 GX count doesn't count those: look at BUS and GRI, who didn't count their Fa/RR exclusive GXs

If they're removing Tapu Lele, hope the pins are not cancelled, or else I can imagine November's set being American-exclusive and called "Lost Treasures", and be the final S&M set before the pokemon Switch generation is released, and its card version is released in japan... Why do you wait until the very end of the gen just to get it out??? :(

That prediction is oddly specific

cardgjammer

Aspiring Trainer
[M] Magnezone isn't an alt-type reprint; new HP, retreat, and attack

Once again the 10 GX count doesn't count those: look at BUS and GRI, who didn't count their Fa/RR exclusive GXs

That prediction is oddly specific

For the third pojnt, I mentioned it as an example of a card that could be cut from set, and yet if the pin collection is canned, where else can the cut cards go but possibly the very last set of the generation, which I believe shows a lack of trust in the card by the makers(A good tech card like Lele(which can take advantage of DV in Expanded AND pull a XY meowstic by moving damage across the opposing side, complimenting Trev BREAK in the process)doesn't deserve to be kept out of competitions until the very last moment of its generation, even after promises of release at a decent time within its generation)... Same goes for the other alt-type reprints, only they are not included in the pin collection...

As for the second point, assuming the card was released in a past set, as long as it is unique to the set(not to prior sets in terms of other versions of the same card)(meaning just one version exists in set), has a different art type than past released versions(eg, RA, FA, RR), and as long as one of the other art types are in the set, as long as the rarer remaining art among the two is put out, then they can count it if they need to, but they don't have to do so every time...

Last edited:

jessalakasam

As for the second point, assuming the card was released in a past set, as long as it is unique to the set(not to prior sets in terms of other versions of the same card)(meaning just one version exists in set), has a different art type than past released versions(eg, RA, FA, RR), and as long as one of the other art types are in the set, as long as the rarer remaining art among the two is put out, then they can count it if they need to, but they don't have to do so every time...
No, from BUS:
  • 12 new Pokémon-GX

Looking at the set you can see that Bulu and Lycanroc were not ocunted towards those 12 -_-

Attix

Electric Delivery Driver from Washington
One thing I noticed is that this set list is heavily slanted towards DPP Pokémon and characters.

Coincidence, or is the game afoot?

jessalakasam

One thing I noticed is that this set list is heavily slanted towards DPP Pokémon and characters.

Coincidence, or is the game afoot?
if the game was coming out they'd save these cards for the base set of DP. Plus the next game will (I'm 99.99% sure) be gen 8.