• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Tyranitar Prime Deck (HGSS-on)*Updated*

Cdmeister

Aspiring Trainer
Masters Division
My Tyranitar Deck (HGSS-on)

Pokemon:?

4 Tyranitar Prime UL (88/90)
3 Pupitar UL (38/95)
4 Lavitar UL (51/ 95)
1 set of Darkrai and Cresselia legend TRI
2 Jirachi UL
1 Shaymin UL
2 or 3 Absol Primes ( not sure)
?-? Mandibuzz BW
?-? Zoroark BW

So far Energy: 14
4 Special Dark Energy
1 Dark Energy
1 Grass energy
4 Psysic energy
4 Double energy

So far Trainers: 20
4 rare candies
4 perfessor elms training method
2 seeker
2 professor oaks new theory
2 pokemon comunication
2 pokemon collector
1 flowershop girl
2 switch
1 Twins

Strategy:

Main objective is to get Tyranitar Prime out as soon as possible. I tried building a deck around Tyranitar Primes moves. For one dark energy I can use Darkness Howl which dishes out 20 damage to all pokemon on the field. But just in case if I dont setup in time, I have shaymin from unleashed to remove 3 damage counters from all of my pokemon and its poke power can shift energies around in order to set up my next pokemon

I have a Darkrai & Cresselia legend to use Moon's invite to spread damage around. To help with the spreading i am hoping to start off with an Absol Prime so that its poke-body can work and I think it is a great prime to start off with. Also to compilment the legend I also have Jirachi Time Hallow attack which allows me to utilize Darkrai & Cresselia legend Moon's invite attack and Tyranitar Prime's powerful moves to de-evolve stage 1 and stage 2 pokemon.

For trainer/ support cards, I just pick some that can increase my chances of getting T-tar Prime and switching out faster and create havoc for my opponent.

Besides shaymin, is there any other bench healing techs as well. help here would be great.

Donphan/ Machamp Counter/techs anyone?

I am open to any suggestions, I love Kanto/Johto region pokemon hence why all cards are from HGSS set. But i am opened to any set from HGSS-on

All constructive criticism is appreciated!

I am new to competitive pokemon

RE: Tyranitar Prime Deck (HGSS-on)

It seems to me like you are trying to do way too much in one deck. In order to fit all this in you have reduced most cards to just 1-2 copies in the deck and that won't work. The chances of your important cards getting stuck in your prize cards in enormous because you only run 1-2 copies of the card you want. Frankly, I don't see the point of much of your deck. What is the point of having an invincible bench without a single good card on it? Your only attackers are Tyranitar, Honchkrow, and Darkrai & Cresselia Legend which aren't grass so Metapod and Vespiquen don't help them at all. You should choose to either remove the bench-sitting grass types and go dark-psychic or remove the psychics and get good grass attackers. I think you should make that decision becuase it is your deck, but I will be happy to help you create and revise a deck once you have picked one of those 2.:) Also, add what division you are in (Juniors, Seniors, or Masters, they are dependant on when you were born, you should be able to find the info on Pokemon.com) or you will recieve a warning.

RE: Tyranitar Prime Deck (HGSS-on)

Hey thanks for your advice. I do see now that I have too much going on. If i go with a dark psychic deck, then i dont have to worry to much about grass pokemon and set up. But if i do a dark grass deck, i do have an good bench protection and healing as well. I am leaning towards dark-psychic but I am a little worried about healing though and energy shifting, Shaymin from unleashed can do both. When you put shaymin on your bench, you can shuffle your energy around and shaymin's attack can attack and heal as well. That is my only concern

RE: Masters Division Tyranitar Prime Deck (HGSS-on)

You could include shaymin as a tech for energy shifting but not include any grass energy. It can be a useful tech. For example, you have a tyranitar on the bench with no damage but little energy. In the active spot is a tyranitar with enough energy to use megaton tail, but not deal enough damage to KO the active, and he will be KOed next turn. You could play shaymin to move all of the active tyranitar's energy to the benched one except for maybe a single darkness so he can darkness howl. Then when the active tyranitar is KOed you have a second one with a bunch of energy already on it. You don't need a grass deck to use shaymin's pokepower. And, you have seeker, which will allow you to pick up shaymin so it won't be damaged by darkness howl and so you can use it again.

Dark Void said:
You could include shaymin as a tech for energy shifting but not include any grass energy. It can be a useful tech. For example, you have a tyranitar on the bench with no damage but little energy. In the active spot is a tyranitar with enough energy to use megaton tail, but not deal enough damage to KO the active, and he will be KOed next turn. You could play shaymin to move all of the active tyranitar's energy to the benched one except for maybe a single darkness so he can darkness howl. Then when the active tyranitar is KOed you have a second one with a bunch of energy already on it. You don't need a grass deck to use shaymin's pokepower. And, you have seeker, which will allow you to pick up shaymin so it won't be damaged by darkness howl and so you can use it again.
So how would you revise this deck?

I would -black belt because it waste supporter for turn
and -2 team rockets trickery and +3 Professor Oaks New Theory because of the hand refresh

with the pokemon it looks like you have one card of every pokemon you chose to be in the deck besides T-tar line, caterpies and shaymin, I agree to just change it to an all dark deck unless you find a pokemon with colorless attacks to go in, like to tech a samurott or something to combat fighting pokemon like donphan.

So If you want like the dark psychic deck you said before I would minus all the pokemon below DCL, and it gives you 12 spaces, put in another DCL set, and instead of that honchrow put in 2-2 mandibuzz, it does the same attack for 1 energy and has awesome second attack if facing ppl with stage 2 decks. then I would put a 2-2 zoroark too for an awesome tech card that counters alot of things. So you got 2 spaces left

The energies make the 4 grass to 4 dark and 3 physic to 3 rainbow and that 2 extra spaces put in 2 communication to search out the legends faster

paultehcool said:
I would -black belt because it waste supporter for turn
and -2 team rockets trickery and +3 Professor Oaks New Theory because of the hand refresh

with the pokemon it looks like you have one card of every pokemon you chose to be in the deck besides T-tar line, caterpies and shaymin, I agree to just change it to an all dark deck unless you find a pokemon with colorless attacks to go in, like to tech a samurott or something to combat fighting pokemon like donphan.

So If you want like the dark psychic deck you said before I would minus all the pokemon below DCL, and it gives you 12 spaces, put in another DCL set, and instead of that honchrow put in 2-2 mandibuzz, it does the same attack for 1 energy and has awesome second attack if facing ppl with stage 2 decks. then I would put a 2-2 zoroark too for an awesome tech card that counters alot of things. So you got 2 spaces left

The energies make the 4 grass to 4 dark and 3 physic to 3 rainbow and that 2 extra spaces put in 2 communication to search out the legends faster

Thanks I took your advice those into consideration and also I was going around other post and I found an interesting card. Absol Prime from triumphant set. I think it would be a pretty good starter pokemon rather than having babies in the front line. What do you guys think?

RE: Masters Division Tyranitar Prime Deck (HGSS-on)*Revised please help*

Absol Prime comboes very well with Mandibuzz by putting damage counters down on basics so mandibuzz can snipe them. Also, you should edit your first post to reflect your current team so people can make suggestions based on what it is now.

Back