~Twilight~

Who's your favorite vampire??

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prinplush said:
Twilight is the worst piece of fail that has ever become a part of pop culture. It sets women back a good 50 years, supports pedofilia, and gives girls all over the world unrealistic expectations for boyfriends. The books are useless except for being addictive. The book is basically a transcript of one of the author's dreams in which she hooked up with OMG HOT (since when is cold hot?) VAMPIRE and OMG BABIES.

Why can't people see the truth about Twilight?

Supports 'pedofilia'? And how does it do that?

For the narrow minded girls, which, unfortunately, there are a lot of in todays world, it *DOES* give them rather unrealistic, and pathetic expectations for boys and boyfriends. So. I do agree with you there.

I actually find your last comment pretty insulting. Maybe Stephanie Meyer had a dream and got inspired to write the series, perhaps, yes, that is how the idea of the Twilight series got concieved. But the books are a fantastic work of literary genius. And if you want to sit there and deny that, well, then, you have issues. =/

Prinplush said:
Twilight is the worst piece of fail that has ever become a part of pop culture. It sets women back a good 50 years, supports pedofilia, and gives girls all over the world unrealistic expectations for boyfriends. The books are useless except for being addictive. The book is basically a transcript of one of the author's dreams in which she hooked up with OMG HOT (since when is cold hot?) VAMPIRE and OMG BABIES.

You go girl. B]

I did like it when I was twelve, and then I saw it was utter bull and realized that the author's opinions and wildest dreams were conveyed. Her voice was too obvious. owo; *COUGHCOUGH FOURTHBOOKCOUGH* And then in the first book, all guys at her school are attracted to her for no apparent reason? >W>

Yeah, it's sad. And a lot like Buffy. :| Also, did you know that by Meyer's rules, it's impossible for a vampire to impregnate anyway? :3 And it's so convenient Bella's baby grew to age 16 and stopped. WOW.

Noobnerd said:
Zyflair said:
According my sister (since she is the one who read the book), the movie was completely overrated. I wouldn't be surprised. The movie of a book is always bad because it always fails to convey all the good parts of the book itself.
I've not read the book (except for about forty pages) or watched the movie, but I agree with the second sentence. Except for the Lord of the Rings.

I think some of the Stephen King movies from way back when were pretty good*, and a couple of others. But yes, it seems as though (most of) todays book-movies are just terrible. I couldn't watch, literally, the Golden Compass because it was such a huge insult to the series I'm a fan of.

I haven't read the Twilight series and probably never will (I'm guessing it's a teenage thing), but I'm just posting to say that I feel your frustration guys when Hollywood takes a massive dump on your literature and makes millions out of doing so.

*Ignoring some shoddy special effects, but I suppose those were standard back in the day.

scampy said:
I think some of the Stephen King movies from way back when were pretty good*, and a couple of others. But yes, it seems as though (most of) todays book-movies are just terrible. I couldn't watch, literally, the Golden Compass because it was such a huge insult to the series I'm a fan of.

I haven't read the Twilight series and probably never will (I'm guessing it's a teenage thing), but I'm just posting to say that I feel your frustration guys when Hollywood takes a massive dump on your literature and makes millions out of doing so.

*Ignoring some shoddy special effects, but I suppose those were standard back in the day.

The Shining is pretty good as well as Misery; however, the only movie I consider better then its book counterpart is Silence of the Lambs. In general movies cannot be better then their book "buddies" is because it is impossible to even put 300 pages into 1.5-2 hours of movie and please the fans of the novel.

There Will Be Blood and No Country For Old Men I also thought were almost equally as good as there counterparts.

Prinplush said:

That's quite harsh, even for me.

Although I didn't read the book (but from what I can tell from my sister after she finished reading the latest book (the 4th right?)), I'm sure Meyer did not mean to be that unrealistic. Yes, the depicition of the romance between Bella (sp?) and Edward was completely as likely as me catching a real Giratina, that's not the real point of the book. I say that Meyer knew what she was writing about but chose not to mask everything that wasn't insensitive.

Oh and Scampy, the Golden Compass (movie) was a complete fail.

Krucifier said:
Prinplush said:
Twilight is the worst piece of fail that has ever become a part of pop culture. It sets women back a good 50 years, supports pedophilia, and gives girls all over the world unrealistic expectations for boyfriends. The books are useless except for being addictive. The book is basically a transcript of one of the author's dreams in which she hooked up with OMG HOT (since when is cold hot?) VAMPIRE and OMG BABIES.

For the narrow minded girls, which, unfortunately, there are a lot of in todays world, it *DOES* give them rather unrealistic, and pathetic expectations for boys and boyfriends. So. I do agree with you there.

I actually find your last comment pretty insulting. Maybe Stephanie Meyer had a dream and got inspired to write the series, perhaps, yes, that is how the idea of the Twilight series got concieved. But the books are a fantastic work of literary genius. And if you want to sit there and deny that, well, then, you have issues. =/

Please tell me you didn't call the books fantastic works of literary genius. Please. Oh god, you did. If you call that thesaurus abuse "literature", I don't know where the world is headed.

The following sentence is an actual quote from Breaking Dawn:

"He had the most beautiful soul, more beautiful than his brilliant face or his incomparable face or his glorious body."

That is a real sentence! In one of the books. There are plenty like it too. That in no way is fantastic, or a work of literary genius. More like literary butchering.

Pedophilia, child grooming-- the imprinting thing with Jacob. It's what real-life pedophiles do when they find a child they want to molest but won't do for the sake of law-abiding (yes, law-abiding pedos) so they'll "be there" for the child until they're at the age of consent.

Prinplush said:
Krucifier said:
Prinplush said:
Twilight is the worst piece of fail that has ever become a part of pop culture. It sets women back a good 50 years, supports pedophilia, and gives girls all over the world unrealistic expectations for boyfriends. The books are useless except for being addictive. The book is basically a transcript of one of the author's dreams in which she hooked up with OMG HOT (since when is cold hot?) VAMPIRE and OMG BABIES.

Please tell me you didn't call the books fantastic works of literary genius. Please. Oh god, you did. If you call that thesaurus abuse "literature", I don't know where the world is headed.

"He had the most beautiful soul, more beautiful than his brilliant face or his incomparable face or his glorious body."

That is a real sentence! In one of the books. There are plenty like it too. That in no way is fantastic, or a work of literary genius. More like literary butchering.

Pedophilia, child grooming-- the imprinting thing with Jacob. It's what real-life pedophiles do when they find a child they want to molest but won't do for the sake of law-abiding (yes, law-abiding pedos) so they'll "be there" for the child until they're at the age of consent.

Prinplush said:
Krucifier said:
Prinplush said:

Please stop butchering Twilight. It isn't really that bad.

In this thread: 11 year old religious kids who think they are better than everyone else trying to force their biased, one sided republican views onto the rest of us.

Play nice guys, srsly why do all discussion threads get set on fire? ;/

What PMJ said. Anyway...

Isabella Marie Swan.

A 17 year old girl. With low self-esteem, a "mature" personality, aka having an emo teenage girl's "dry" sense of humour and not acting like a little kid, looking at things in a negative light, clumsy, obsessed with a handsome and romantic guy. In other words, the average girl.

The author's target audience are average teenage girls, and this is the best way to do it. Give the protagonist divorced parents, moving house, some prince charming at school who bites (RAWR) and a narrative told in first-person. You can't really call it a work of "literary butchering", or the work of a "literary genius". Each author has a different style of writing, and each book is aimed at a different audience.

This book certainly was not aimed at your grandfather.

EDIT: This is my impression of her personality when she was not a vampire. I have yet to read the rest. And for that matter, I might not even read the rest.

Noobnerd said:
What PMJ said. Anyway...

Isabella Marie Swan.

A 17 year old girl. With low self-esteem, a "mature" personality, aka having an emo teenage girl's "dry" sense of humour and not acting like a little kid, looking at things in a negative light, clumsy, obsessed with a handsome and romantic guy. In other words, the average girl.

The author's target audience are average teenage girls, and this is the best way to do it. Give the protagonist divorced parents, moving house, some prince charming at school who bites (RAWR) and a narrative told in first-person. You can't really call it a work of "literary butchering", or the work of a "literary genius". Each author has a different style of writing, and each book is aimed at a different audience.

This book certainly was not aimed at your grandfather.

EDIT: This is my impression of her personality when she was not a vampire. I have yet to read the rest. And for that matter, I might not even read the rest.

I think people misunderstood me when I said "literary genius". Maybe I used the wrong words...

But, my point is, Stephanie Meyer is an amazing, and talented author. Sure, it might not be as "BRILLIANT" as books like Lord of the Rings, (Now THAT'S a work of literary genius if I ever read one. And you can't debate that. ;P) but, they it's still an amazing series of books. Which took a lot of skill and creativity to write.

My favorite vampire is Carlisle, I would love to be his daughter too..hehehe..But I think, it would be hard because I can't be anywhere near him without malice..:D

Krucifier said:
In this thread: 11 year old religious kids who think they are better than everyone else trying to force their biased, one sided republican views onto the rest of us.

I am not 11 or religious, and I (no offense to Twilight fans) think the books are wierd. But, it's mainly because most of the girls at school think they're "going out with a vampire" and other things like that. These girls are 13-15 years old. You'd think they'd be able to tell the difference between reality and fiction. I am not trying to offend Twilight fans at all!

Paper PokeMaster said:
Krucifier said:

I am not 11 or religious, and I (no offense to Twilight fans) think the books are wierd. But, it's mainly because most of the girls at school think they're "going out with a vampire" and other things like that. These girls are 13-15 years old. You'd think they'd be able to tell the difference between reality and fiction. I am not trying to offend Twilight fans at all!

I know what you mean. There are a bunch of "those girls" at my school.

But then again, when you think about it, like *ANY* fad, there are always fan girls who obsess over the character(s).

Twilight is no different from the Harry Potter series, or even the Eragon series, in that whole 'zomg obsessive fan girls' thing.

Yeah, I enjoyed this movie. The book does have some differences but mainly the same storyline.

dragon9 said:
Yeah, I enjoyed this movie. The book does have some differences but mainly the same storyline.

Haha. Yeah. The movie did stray from the book quite a bit.

Also, why is everyone voting for Edward? Alice is *SO* the best Vampire. She's the hottest, too. ;F

Maybe because most of the ones who actually like this are girls, and girls voting for liking girls is..... :D

Riskbreakers said:
Maybe because most of the ones who actually like this are girls, and girls voting for liking girls is..... :D

Edward is coolio though. =OOO

dmaster out.

Paper PokeMaster said:
Krucifier said:

I second to that, Paper. (I am neither 11, nor very religious either.) Virtually every girl in my school, ranging from freshmen to seniors, read or have read the Twilight series. (And believe that they are dating a vampire named Edward or whatever-his-name-is.) My MOM even reads them. Personally, I dislike vampires. Their mythological being (this does not include people with naturally elongated canines.) has changed. What happened to the capes, fear of garlic and crosses, inability to see themselves in the mirror, the ability to transmorph into a bat, and dislike of sunlight? Judging from the numerous commercials that used to be on T.V., I saw none of this. And since when do vampires have inhuman strength(vampire-boy stopped a car flying at a speed of 30 or above from hitting his little human girlfriend. WITH ONE HAND. Impossible? Not for vampires, apparently.), inhuman speed, and can jump 20 feet into the air? I heard the movie was overrated. (But then again, most books that are made into movies are.) And, well, I don't really care if this offends Twilight fans at all. But, TWILIGHT SUCKS!!!

My Twilight rant is over. I'm out.

I personally liked the series.
What I don't like about it:
There are so many girls that go "EDWARD IS MY PERFECT BOYFRIEND HE IS MINE YEAH SO BACK OFF." Every single minute <_<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back