Discussion Turn 1 Elixir fest from opponent. Auto lose?

Seastrome

Aspiring Trainer
I have been on more elxir fest turns (multiple elixir hits in one turn) than anyone else I know and it just sucks. They get Dawn Wings, blow me up, I have no response, then set up Dawn Wings following turn for GX attack. That nets me 3 prizes total. Sadly, I was too far behind on prizes and so I lost.

How does "skill" factor into this situation? What would Azul or someone like him do in the situation? Your staring down a charged up ultra beast, down a few prizes, and don't have an answer in hand to deal with it right away. What can anyone do? Auto Loss?

The Last Shaymin

Floof
Dawn wings is usually not an attacker. Also, if they have 4 energy on it or so, then just use lele with a DCE. 120 damage, 15o with choice band, then you can poke them with a ralts or something.

Seastrome

Aspiring Trainer
Dawn wings is usually not an attacker. Also, if they have 4 energy on it or so, then just use lele with a DCE. 120 damage, 15o with choice band, then you can poke them with a ralts or something.

It is when my deck is a psychic deck and hits my Necrozma for weakness.

The Last Shaymin

Floof
Ok.

Like I said, Lele can help, considering it doesn't have a weakness.

Also, the GX can only be used if you are winning. so, just let them kill your one pokemon and you should be set.

they can't ohko the lele, but you have the advantage of attacking with lele first, so you should beat it.

You can also set up other pokemon while your at it.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
This doesn't always happen, it's just bad luck when it does.

Elixir is on its way out anyway, so you won't have to deal with it for much longer.

JumpluffTCG

Aspiring Trainer
Like someone else said, Lele is a good option to stop the bleeding a bit. For example, if your opp has 2 energies attached and an EX/GX, with a DCE + Choice Band you're dealing 110 which is enough to 2HKO them most of the time. This goes for anything like Buzzwole, Zoroark, or the Necrozmas.

Even if they take out Lele the following turn, you play an N and try to take whatever is sweeping you with your next swing, putting them in a position where they have nothing ready to attack and only 3-4 cards in hand.