Discussion Trevenant BREAK After Rotation

pokedan24

Aspiring Trainer
If item lock Trevenant is rotated out of standard, what would happen to Trevenant BREAK decks? Obviously, the item lock is what makes Trevevant decks so deadly, but I think it's one of those decks that still has enough going for it even without the item lock.

Trevenant – Psychic – HP110
Stage 1 – Evolves from Phantump

Ability: Seed of Anxiety
If this Pokemon is your Active Pokemon, your opponent’s Basic Pokemon’s attacks cost [C] more.

[P][C][C] Energy Press: 70+ damage. This attack does 10 more damage for each Energy attached to your opponent’s Active Pokemon.

Weakness: Darkness (X2)
Resistance: Fighting (-20)
Retreat: 3

This one has been overshadowed by the item lock Trevenant, but I still think it can be disruptive in it's own right. The ability is a head ringer against all basics (which the format seems to be headed back to). I see this being a good anti meta.

As for the BREAK, I think it's future will depend on if PF (Dimension Valley) is rotated.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Depends on if we get the reprint set or not. The BKP Trevenant is already good as it forces Night March to Hex, Lysandre, or promote Mew every turn if they want to attack. The BREAK will definitely see play because it gives Trevenant a very welcome boost in HP and Silent Fear is awesome.