Discussion Transporting Cards to Be Prepared

PrimePokeDaddy

Aspiring Trainer
I've now had too many instances at events where I have the card I want at home but not with me. I'm trying to figure out how to safely transport as many the cards that I might want as well as multiple decks safely and easily. I have my cards well organized in storage boxes or binders at home and can usually find anything I need in seconds, but transporting them is an issue.

Has anyone tried something like this card case from Paiyule? https://tinyurl.com/ybso96q3

What other solutions should I try?

It does get a little annoying to carry around at times

That is my biggest issue. I have at least one ETB per set and store my cards by set. I use the iPhone "Collector" application so I know what I have and can then go find it, but my issue is transport. There is just no real easy way to transport all the ETBs, so I'm looking for thoughts on how others do it so they don't get caught without what they want, if for example they want to add a trainer card they haven't really thought of and isn't necessarily thought of as a staple. Thats why I'm looking for something with a handle or strap to carry, but am wondering if they actually protect the cards. Maybe I just need to go the full oldschool law student approach and get a rolling suitcase for everything. :)

I would like to add that the shining Ho-Oh box is probably the best big box to buy for this reason as you get a chance to pull a Zoroark GX

Ha! Great Minds! I already have two! I'm looking for the best ways to transport what I have to tournaments etc.? May be the question is, how do you pack up your ETB's and potential decks when heading to a tournament, small or large?

Last edited by a moderator:
95% of every tcg player I’ve met just keeps their cards in deck boxes or long boxes (with an ETB basically is) and carries them in a back pack. There is nothing better then this really, everything else is just a variation on this same function (such as the product you linked in the OP)

If that truly isn’t enough you’re just going to have to put together a second bag of boxes of cards or have more fore thought on what cards you want to use.

Aside from getting a wagon to cart the stuff around in, @CrownAxe is correct in saying there isn't really a better way than a good old-fashioned backpack.

Go with a briefcase. Your cards and deckbox will not get smushed/skuffed while transporting this way. But more importantly, a briefcase double-acts as a nice chair if you turn it vertical. It can be a real life saver when you have to wait around for the doors to some event to open.

So I bought one of the things I linked above, and figured I would let everyone know what I think so far.

With a little work I think this is as close as I may get without shelling out a ton of money. I got one case, the pictures below show playsets of the common, uncommon, rare, and holo-rare cards of CES, FLI, UPR, CIN, and Shining Legends (minus the cards listed on the little pieced of paper). I will still keep the GX, shining, and prism star cards in a separate binder, along with some of the more expensive staple trainers and promos.

Below the piece of paper on the left is what I have of Dragon Majesty so far, and being a small set, it should fit in the remaining space after removing the divider holding the cards in place. All of Shining Legends fit to the right of the top piece of paper on the right side.

My concerns when I started were the fact that the corners are curved and the dividers all have velcro flaps that hold them to the felt on the walls and long dividers. However my solution was to use 12 energies snugged tightly into one penny sleeve as the end pieces wherever the cards would touch the corners or the velcro flaps. I also used the 12 energies in a penny sleeve as dividers between sets.

Also, I was concerned that the long dividers bowed out a little when I was first putting the cards in, but after putting all the cards and small dividers in, everything seems to support itself. If you cannot fill it you would need some foam, deck boxes, or some other solution to keep the long dividers in place and snug to the cards. I was also annoyed at first that there are only two long dividers, but after doing some planning and adjusting, it turns out that this configuration allows a deck box to fit perfectly at the top right.

The top has a pocket that could possibly hold other things like dice or gx markers, but I think I will just stick to putting in a desiccant. It is made of a mesh that I do not want to scuff the tops of the cards though. Therefore, to solve the problem for now I used a piece of felt from Wal-mart, but I will probably find a more permanent soft foam piece to use in the future.

All-in-all, I think I will be getting another to put BUS, GRI, and SUM in, because I can fit two into my backpack easily with my GX Binder, decks, and playmats, and will hopefully never be chasing that card I needed but had at home again. Plus I can maybe help other people out every once in a while too.

The pictures with the comparison to the Monster Binder for size are after I closed it, walked around with it, turned it over and around, set it down upside down, and then opened it up again to see if there was a lot of movement. I did not shake it, spin it, or do anything aggressive, but the cards seem to have stayed in place well.

IMG_1618.jpeg IMG_1619.jpeg IMG_1620.jpeg IMG_1621.jpeg

Go with a briefcase. Your cards and deckbox will not get smushed/skuffed while transporting this way. But more importantly, a briefcase double-acts as a nice chair if you turn it vertical. It can be a real life saver when you have to wait around for the doors to some event to open.
I remember that. Also, some of them have wheels so you can just pull it along :/

Back