News Toys R Us Giveaway Next Saturday, Jangmo-o Promo and Other Goodies!

MegaSnorlax

Card Eater
Last time I went to one of these, I believe I was the only one over the age of 12 (sans parents). But, shiny cards are more important than dignity.

paulyd84

cooltrainerpaul
For all of you who have never heard of mega construx IT IS AWESOME LOL sort of between lego and duplo the feel of it, but there's 2 big sets one of Gyarados and also a Charizard, they look really cool and loads of playability for Juniors! It does seem to have limited release though never seen it this side of pond got my sets in US earlier in year.

That togedamaru looks like the hasbro one too so decent giveaways here!

UK update same old story - collectors albums at Smyths toys (got one earlier) with any Pokemon TCG purchase and also the TRU stamped promo is at obvious TRU free with a £10 spend.

I would love to know how the cards are chosen at corporate level, I mean build a bear nails it with a decent art card for relevant pokemon - but TRU scrapes bottom of barrel on its choices - I mean boat could have been pushed out for maybe like type Null or something cool and would have brought in the hype, but jangmo-o.. Certainly for UK the £10 spend requirement to get it most folk will just not bother!

Last edited:

bbb888

Same user name as my Pokémon YouTube channel
Toys R Us must be desperate doing giveaways like this; they are suffering financially as a business, I heard.

Neurowolf

Biology extraordinaire!
How do you go about doing them? just walk on in and say you want the free stuff or what?
Walk in and at the very back there's a table where they give out all the goodies. There are many older people so don't worry about showing up to an event that consists of mainly 8 year olds. If the staff are nice they'll give you a few of the older promos that are left over. Scored me some shiny Alolan Vulpix that way. ^w^

RealSlim

Dragons Breeder
Last time I went to one of these, I believe I was the only one over the age of 12 (sans parents). But, shiny cards are more important than dignity.
Dignity? We're talking about Pokémon, a great game who's not only for kids, not about homicides ;)

PokeMeow

Aspiring Trainer
Never went to a toys r us event like this. Wish I would have went for the alolan vulpix one lol

Raven Zombie

Dark/Ghost Trainer
Ive gone to all of them. the only figure ive gotten is the Meowth one... (the time they had the eevee figure, they made me choose between it and meowth, because they lost the meowths for the time before, they even took our names and phone numbers down... so i should have gotten one of each, but whatever, they are still free)

Abandos

Aspiring Trainer
Damn, and I'm sitting here in Europe, with no plastic toys, cards way to big to keep in proper condition and no free stuff..

Agb

Aspiring Trainer
A new story has just been posted to PokéBeach's front page:
Posts you make after this point will immediately appear on the front page and vice versa. Discuss!

And of course my Pokemon card ranking that may make some people, who cannot make this event, not feel as bad. These were all released in Pokemon Toys R Us events:

Pikachu (paralysis caused by muzzle, 30 damage by quick attack) 60 HP
Clefairy (moonlight heals 30 damage, pound does 20) 60 HP
Stufful (deals 20 damage) 70 HP
Alolan Vulpix (Icey snow does 20 damage) 60 HP
Jangmo-o (Does 20 damage attack max a turn) 60 HP
Meowth (50% chance it will attack the opponent or itself doing 30 damage) 60 HP
Magikarp (25% chance it does 30 damage) 30 HP
Cosmog (does no damage) 60 HP

Jangmo-o seems to fit after Alolan as it can only do a max of 20 damage and holds only 60 hp. It does not have any paralysis moves, to bide time for itself nor moves that could cause recurring damage (poison etc.). So you see folks, you may not be missing out as I had done with Pikachu.

Agb

Aspiring Trainer
Ive gone to all of them. the only figure ive gotten is the Meowth one... (the time they had the eevee figure, they made me choose between it and meowth, because they lost the meowths for the time before, they even took our names and phone numbers down... so i should have gotten one of each, but whatever, they are still free)

But just think, beause you were given the Meoth figure (which other kids may not have been lucky enough to get), they were at least able to get something. Sharing is caring!