Help Tournament Question - Language Barrier

Marowhacker

@MarowhackerTCG on twitter
Hey Pokebeach users,

I've booked up for the London international championships however I have a question that I'd like to get sorted before I hop on the train - can I use foreign cards at the tournament? I have an almost finished list, however one of my cards, although it is real (I've checked, the code from the pack actually worked lol) it's in Spanish so I'm unsure if it is legal. The rest of my deck is English. Thanks :)

Hey Pokebeach users,

I've booked up for the London international championships however I have a question that I'd like to get sorted before I hop on the train - can I use foreign cards at the tournament? I have an almost finished list, however one of my cards, although it is real (I've checked, the code from the pack actually worked lol) it's in Spanish so I'm unsure if it is legal. The rest of my deck is English. Thanks :)
I do not believe so. Everywhere I looked it said you can only use cards legal in your home market, so since you are in London, I believe only English cards are allowed. SOrry to say, but you will have to find a replacement for that card. Sorry. D

(Don't quote me though, I may be wrong, but better safe then sorry.)

I do not believe so. Everywhere I looked it said you can only use cards legal in your home market, so since you are in London, I believe only English cards are allowed. SOrry to say, but you will have to find a replacement for that card. Sorry. D

(Don't quote me though, I may be wrong, but better safe then sorry.)

Alright thanks, wasn't looking forward to shelling out on that one but hey at least it's not a lele :p

Alright thanks, wasn't looking forward to shelling out on that one but hey at least it's not a lele :p
What is your deck btw? I live in American and I'm curious how you place to win the international tournament since I'm getting back into TCG.

What is your deck btw? I live in American and I'm curious how you place to win the international tournament since I'm getting back into TCG.

Not wanting to give away too many details unless fellow competitors are watching, but I'm playing a spicy little Alolan Ninetales GX/Zoroark deck. Message me if you want more info :p

from Play! Pokémon TCG Rules and Formats doc

1.8. Foreign Cards The use of foreign-language cards has been known to create time delays and confusion at highlevel Premier Events, where significant prizes are on the line. However, as the Pokémon TCG is an international game, concessions must be made to help accommodate markets where multiple languages are more common. Players are restricted on which language cards they can use, based on the country where they are playing. The list of countries and regions below defines which languages are considered local. Any other languages are considered foreign in that country or region.

Europe Local—English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, and Spanish

Players are not permitted to use foreign cards at Premier Events unless the exception below applies.
For the Pokémon TCG World Championships, International Championships, and for side events at either of these, regardless of which country they are hosted in, players are always permitted to use English cards as well as cards in any language that is legal in their home markets.

it sounds like you're from England/UK so you should be fine using Spanish cards.

Haha, there are other competitors watching!

I played in Bremen and will attend in London as well, and there were players which had a mix of German and English cards for example. But I have seen some other languages as well. As fas as I understood, any European (language) cards are good.

PS: If you would like to test your deck against my tournament deck, feel free to add me on PTCGO (lukas2aces, same as here).

Quote from Pokemon.com:
"Pokémon TCG players will compete using the Standard format, and they are allowed to use English-language cards, as well as cards from their home market in languages other than English."

Back