Top Trainer Cards

RE: NEW ASSIGNMENT: Trainer Cards

Hmm, I will list the trainers first, and then review each and every one of them,

1) Rare Candy
2) ATM Rock
3) Desert Ruins
4) Swoop!Teleporter!
5) Rocket's Admin.
6) Energy Removal 2
7) Battle Frontier
8) Cursed Stone
9) Cursed Powder
10) Holon Transceiver

1) Rare Candy

Well, this card deserves to be number 1 because, it helps speed up many decks. SMP, LBS, T2 Typhlosion and T2 Feraligatr. Helping basics evolve 1 turn faster helps many decks.... Possibly 1 of the BEST CARDS in TCG!!!

2) ATM Rock

Stage 2 Pokemon that evolve from Rare candy will really be crushed with this card.....It also makes your opponent waste a Rare candy.... Not only that but cards that can hit several pokemon in 1 attack like Feraligatr EX, MEdicham EX and Jynx(UF) will be good with this card......This card makes 2-3 pokemon knock-out if you lay enough damage counters on evolve pokemon..... SMP, LBS, and many other decks run 1-2 copies in the deck.

3) Desert Ruins

One of the MOST disruptive cards in the TCG..... putting 1 damage counter on ALL EX pokemon in play is good, especially decks like SMP and LBS.... This card is also a good tech into decks that don't use EX pokemon...... Liability, Machamp, Meta-nite, Bellosom Swarm, and many other decks play this card to counter other devastating and disruptive stadiums.

4) Swoop!Teleporter!

This card is EXTREMELY useful in T2 decks..... Not only that, but in decks that use various pokemon, can switch between one another,

For example, a SMP deck. I have a beldum as my active pokemon with 2 Psychic energy attach to it.... I also have 1 Scizor EX in my hand.... I can use Swoop!Teleporter! changing beldum for a scyther and evolve in straight away...... I attach 1 more metal or psychic energy to scizor EX and attack for either 50 or 80 damage....

Dark Slowking, Medicham, T2 Typhlosion and T2 Feraligatr decks run 2-4 copies of this card as it is one of the MOST IMPORTANT card in the deck.

5) Rocket's Admin.

Another " shuffle-and-draw" card.... but there is a twist, both players have to draw the amount of cards that are same as the amount of remaining prizes left. This is also a famous card used in disruption decks......like T2 medicham and SMP

6) Energy Removal 2

Yes, this card is also used in T2 decks to stall against Dragtrode, Tyrani-cargo and SMP decks for a little while.... Eventhough this card can do so, coin flips are required..... all in all this is a good card for stalling your opponent..... Zap-turn-dos, T2 Medicham, ZRE, Queendom and Liability decks play this to go FULL FORCE!!!

7) Battle Frontier

One of the best stadiums ever!!!! Stops Pidgeot, Meta-nite, and Drag-trode from using their poke-powers.... Scizor EX and salamence EX also can't use their poke-body's as this cards stops them too. Zap-turn-dos, ZRE, T2 Feraligatr and Typhlosion and T2 Medicham decks max out this card to stop important poke-powers.

8) Cursed Stone

Kills Blastoise EX, Pidgeot, Meta-nite and many others by dealing 10 damage to them EVERY TURN!!! Just awesome.... Playing this with the upcoming shiftry EX will be awesome and powerful, disruptive too.... Liability decks play this card.....

9) Cursed Powder

A good card to be used in decks that have non-EX evolve pokemon, especially gengar from LM.... dealing 30 damage to the attacking pokemon when you get knocked-out by it..... good card. T2 Dark slowking and gengar decks play this card to deal extra damage to your opponent's pokemon.

10) Holon Transceiver

One of the most important cards in a deck that uses the holon engine...
I searches Supporters with "holon"in its name and put it in your hand or a holon supporter from your discard pile into your hand.... Average card with decent effects. Almost all decks run the holon engine, so this card will also be included. LBS and Meta-nite are the examples of decks that runs holon-engine.

That's it..

TQ

Hey guys, time for our 4th card of the day, or I should say cards, because this week we are going to review 10-15 of the best trainer cards in the TCG!  Okay, so let’s list them.

Trainers:
1.)  Rare Candy
2.) Holon Transceiver
3.) Holon Mentor
4.) ATM Rock
5.) Rocket’s Admin
6.)  Celio’s Network
7.)  Desert Ruins
8.)   Battle Frontier
9.)  Swoop! Teleporter
10.)  Professor Elm’s Training Method
11.)  Copycat
12.)  Pow! Hand Extension
13.) Steven’s Advice
14.) TV Reporter
15.) Cursed Stone

All right I arranged them in order in how much I have seen them played, and their effects.  Let’s take a look at the first card, Rare Candy.

1. Rare Candy
Arguably one of the best cards, overall in the TCG.  It fits into any deck that uses Stage 2’s, and some decks that have only Stage 1’s.  Its effect is amazing, which allows you to skip a Stage on any Pokemon, or allow you to evolve faster than you normally would.  BLS, Gengar, Delta, Mercury, Dragtrode, Venubliss, SMP, Feralijolt, Queendom, and many other decks all run multiple copies of this card, which is why I have it at #1.  9.9/10

2. Holon Transceiver
This is another great card of the TCG.  This little non-supporter doesn’t look like much at first sight, but really can hurt your opponent depending on the situation.  Almost all decks run the Holon-engine to get out key cards early, and this one is the key to it.  Almost any deck that is not a T2 deck needs this card because it can search Holon Mentor if you need basics, Holon Lass if you need energy, Holon Scientist if you need to draw, and Holon Adventurer, which allows you to draw as well.  This allows you multiple different set-ups, differing from you previous set-up.  This little card is the heart of early-game wins and losses. Many decks like Liability, SMP, Machamp, Gengar, and many others run the Holon engine with him in it, in hopefulness that they can get what they need. That’s why I give him a 9/10.

3. Holon Mentor
This card can get searched by Holon Transceiver, which makes it even more deadly.  It allows you to search 3 level 100, or less, basics from your deck, by only discarding 1 card.  This allows you to get a really fast set-up and hopefully to start pounding your opponent until the game is yours.  Any deck that runs the Holon engine uses him in 2-3 copies, along with the Transceiver.  Liability, Machamp, SMP, Gengar, Dragtrode, Feralijolt, and a lot of other decks run him.  I give him an 8.5/10

4. ATM Rock
Wow, this card has been terrorizing the Pokemon community for nearly 2 years.  It allows you to take an evolution-card off of one of your opponent’s Pokemon and put it into his or her hand.  But some of you might think, hey he can always put the evolution card right back on top of his card next turn!  Well, I agree with you, that’s what I first thought, and it certainly does happen when someone misplays it.  But picture this.  You are playing an SMP deck.  They have an active Metagross that they Rare Candied from a Beldum, who has 50 damage on him.  It’s your turn, and you are running Gengar.  You draw, and find out that you drew an ATM Rock, and you play it.  When they scoop up their Metagross, they suddenly realize that they have 50 damage on their Beldum, which means that it is knocked out.  Do you realize it’s potential now?  Hopefully you do, because I certainly do, and so do people playing decks like Rock-Lock (hint the name), Gengar, and Dragtrode.  I give it an 8/10

5. Rocket’s Admin
Now, personally, this is one of my favorite cards.  Why?  Because if you have a really bad hand, and your opponent has a really good hand, you can Admin and screw up their entire hand, plus hopefully giving yourself something good.  I see almost every deck in the TCG running him, including decks like Flariados, Machamp, Powdacham, Punch’n Run and all the rest of them using it.  The reason, however that I don’t have him higher, is because it has a flaw.  Say you and your opponent have mediocre hands, and you Admin.  Well, what if they get a great hand, and you get a really bad hand?  That’s the reason Rocket’s Admin is at number 5.  I give it an 8.3/10

6. Celio’s Network
I could go on for days about this little beauty.  I mean, allowing you to get any non-ex pokemon in your deck and adding it to your hand, and not even have to discard a card!  I mean that’s just awesome.  Decks such as Gengar, Machamp, Liability, Ludicargo, Dragtrode, Mercury, Acid Liability, and many more run 4 copies of him.  Reason for him at #6 is because he can’t search EX’s.  But he’s still really cool, and great.  I give him an 8.5/10

7. Desert Ruins
Not much to stay about this card.  Any deck that wants to get rid of EX’s usually uses this or Battle Frontier.  It’s like poison, because if your opponent has an EX out every time you can hit them again, they’ll have 20 more damage on them.  Machamp, Gengar, Liability, Dragtrode, Mercury, and any other deck without EX’s should definitely check out this card.   The only bad part is that any EX deck would be insane to run this in that deck.  I’ll give it an 8/10

8. Battle Frontier
This is probably the 2nd most commonly used and deadly stadium card in the current TCG.  It shuts off so many decks that use Pidgeot and Delcatty.  Dragtrode is shut off completely by it.  I can’t really find anything to say besides decks that do not use Pidgeot and any other Normal, Dark, or Metal Pokemon that are evolved run this.  I give it a 7.5/10 because it means that you can’t use your own Pidgeot or anything else like that since you have Battle Frontier out.

9. Swoop! Teleporter
This card is an essential in any T2 deck, including Hariyama ex, Medicham ex, Arcanine ex, Dark Steelix, Feraligatr ex, and any others that you can think of.  It allows you to substitute your active pokemon, like DX Jirachi and LM Lunatone, for your T2 basic and put any thing that was attached to the original onto the basic.  During your next turn, you can either use Wally’s Training, Rare Candy, or Professor Elm’s Training Method to get your T2 Pokemon out.  The only bad part is that it’s a little useless if you are not using a T2 deck.  I give it a 7.3/10

10. Professor Elm’s Training Method
This card is awesome any deck that uses EX evolved Pokemon like BSL (or any of the other 5 letter combos), Powdacham, Feralijolt, Bannette EX, Eeveelutions, and many other decks revolved around EX’s, because it can search any evolved Pokemon in your deck.  The flaw in this however is that it can’t search your basic, and if you only have out 1 Pokemon is doesn’t really help that much, unless it needs to evolve.  I give it a 7/10.

11. Copycat
This is probably one of the best draw cards, depending on the size of your opponent’s hand, since it allows you to shuffle your hand and draw the same amount of cards as your opponent.  The only flaw in this card is that if your opponent only has like 1-2 cards in his/her hand then it is no good, unless you have a large hand and are about to deck out.  Decks such as Queendom, and many other decks that need a good draw card use this in at least 2 copies.  I give it a 7.5/10

12. Pow! Hand Extension
A great card that allows you to either move an energy around your opponent’s field, or gust up one of their Pokemon on the bench.  The sad part is that you have to have more prizes left then they do.  Decks like Pow! Block, T2 variants, Powdacham, and Eeveelutions run this in a couple of copies.  Machamp LM decks that use Electrode ex, also run it in at least 2 copies.  I give it a 7/10

13. Steven’s Advice
This card used to rate in the Top 5 of the trainers, but with the rising growth in the use of T2 decks, it’s being replaced by TV Reporter and Mary’s Request.  Still, however it is the best straight-forward draw card in the game, because against decks like Queendom and Lunarock it allows you to draw 6 cards, by just discarding your Steven’s Advice from your hand.  That is very good, in my opinion.  Decks like Queendom, Lunarock, Gengar, Machamp, and most any other deck run at least 2 copies of this great card.  I give Steven’s Advice an 8/10

14. TV Reporter
This card is also one of the best straight-forward draw cards in the game because you draw 3 cards, and then you discard any card you want from your hand to the discard pile.   It’s not as good as Steven’s Advice in my opinion, but a nice second.  Decks like Dragtrode, Mercury, Metanite, and Lunarock all use this card, plus many other decks.  I give it a 7.5/10.

15. Cursed Stone
Any deck that uses Pokepowers cards are going to be afraid of and hate this card for at least a year, because it places one damage counter on any Pokemon on the field that does have a Pokepower, in between turns.  Decks such as Sanding and T2 Medicham and Arcanine use this card to hurt their opponents even more than they were before.  I give Cursed Stone a 7.5/10

Well that raps up my Top 15 Trainer cards for today!  Now some of you might be wondering why cards in later numbers have higher scores than their predecessors.  That is because I graded these cards on not only the card itself, but I also graded them on the amount of them used in decks, combos, and all around effect.  That’s why some of these cards have higher grades then the cards before them.  I hope you’ve enjoyed this Card of the Day and I’ll see you next time.

Okay, now let's look at the trainer cards, the cards that hold decks together and give them more speed and power.

Here are today’s most important trainers:

#1-Rare Candy
Rare candy is good, because you can hop a stage 2 pokemon on a basic, instead of a stage one. So you don’t need to waste turns on evolving your basic pokemon twice. You just play this sweety and give it some boost! It’s really important card in all those stage 2 decks.

#2-Copycat
Copycat is currently used in almost every deck. It lets you shuffle your hand into your deck and draw same number of cards that opponent has in hand. This is nice, because you refresh your bad hand with new cards, plus you should probably get a lot of cards since today’s decks has many cards in their hand.

#3-Steven’s advice
The best draw card last year that let’s you draw a card for each pokemon your opponent has in play. You can draw 6 cards with it! But there is a twist! If you have more than 6 cards in your hand, you can’t use it!

#4-Rocket’s admin
Best disruption trainer today. It works best in late game, cutting opponents huge hand for like 2-3 cards. In start/mid game, this is good for refreshing your hand.

#4-Mary’s request
This can draw your 3 cards in a deck without stage 2s. Most turn 2 decks use it, and it works pretty nice. Draw 3, if you have a stage 2, draw 1 instead.

#5-TV reporter
This is the best thing for decks like Metanite. It can discard your energy so you can charge it back with delta charge. It also draws you 3 cards.

#6-Celio’s network
What can I say? Best trainer for decks without exs like Queendom, Ludicargo, Metanite…
It’s better than Professor elm’s training method, because you can also search for a basic pokemon like Jirachi from the deoxys set.

#7- Professor elm’s training method
Staple in ex decks! This is better than Celio’s network just because of one reason-you can search your deck for an ex pokemon!

#8-Desert ruins
Works in deck without exs……..to hurt exs.

#9-Cursed stone
Works in deck without poke-power pokemon……….to hurt poke-power pokemon.

#10-Power Tree
Works in deck without special energy, to retrieve basic energies.

Stadiums are also good, for countering another stadium.

#11-Holon Transceiver
Can search for Holon Mentor, Scientist, Lass, Farmer, Adventurer from either your deck or your discard pile. This is a staple in Holon engine.

#12-Holon Farmer
Can Retrieve 6 cards from your discard pile and send them back to deck. It isn’t used by lot’s of people, but it has a great potential.

#13-Holon Mentor
The best Holon trainer. It replaces the commonly used dunsparce, that searched for 3 basic pokemon and put them on your bench. With same effect, only that it puts them in your hand, is what this trainer does.

#14-SWOOP! Teleporter
This can swoop your basic pokemon in play into another basic pokemon from your deck. This can help, swooping the useless Jirachi/Plusle into a basic you really need. It’s also used in turn 2 decks, so it can swoop the Jirachi’s (now lunatone’s) into Meditites, Slowpokes.

#15-POW! Hand extension
This is VERY good card in decks that uses Electrode ex. After using it’s power, this card activates and do some massive damage!

I ordered the trainers in a way of how they can change the result of a match and in how many decks they can be used

Top ten @ trainers:

1 Rare Candy
2 Rockets Admin
3 Mr. Brineys Compassion
4 Celio’s Network
5 Prof. Oak’s Research
6 Ancient Technical Machine [rock]
7 Cursed Stone
8 Holon Mentor
9 Prof. Elm’s Training Method
10 Wally’s Training
11 Desert Ruins
12 Holon Transciever
13 Copycat
14 Swoop! Teleporter
15 Surprise! Time Machine

Rare Candy

In every deck that uses stage 2 pokémon and maybe even in decks that use stage 1 one pokemon.

Rockets Admin

In every deck but especially in decks that use Espeon ex or Crawdaunt ex.

Mr.Briney’s Compassion

In almost every deck, certainly in decks without pokémon ex.

Celio’s Network

In every deck that uses non pokemon ex, but if so it can still be used to search for basic pokemon or Holon Magneton/Electrode.

Prof. Oak’s Research

Can be and maybe should be used in every deck.

Acient Technical Machine [rock]

Can be put in every deck that doesn’t use to many pokemon ex.

Cursed Stone

In every deck that doesn’t have pokemon with poképowers, can still be used in a deck that runs baby-pokémon, since they cure themselves when evolved.

Holon Mentor

Really helpful when getting started with only one basic pokemon, or in decks that use baby pokemon and their basic pokémon

Prof. Elm’s Training Method

Can be used in every deck that uses evolved pokemon, but when not using evolved pokémon ex,I recommend using Celio’s Network

Wally’s Training

Quite handy in every deck that uses evolutions, easy to get out those pokemon ex fast.

Desert Ruins

Usefull in every deck that uses non pokémon ex and/or pokemon ex with hp lower than 100.

Holon Transciever

The foundation of every deck that uses “a holon engine”, lots of supporter cards with holon in their names.

Copycat

Usefull in every deck that doesn’t make your opponent discard cards from his or her hand or shuffle cards back into his or her deck.

Swoop! Teleporter

Usefull in decks that use basic pokemon( excluding pokémon ex) without evolutions or basic pokémon that aren't that usefull anymore after a while: Fossils, Jirachi, Plusle for example

Surprise! Time Machine

Only useable in decks that use different evolutions or different versions of pokémoncards that evolve from 1 pokemon: Dark Steelix and Steelix ex for example

Okay it's time for the 4th review.

I'm going to list the trainers in the order of changing the game into your favor.

1. Rare Candy
2. POW! Hand Extension
3. Swoop! Teleporter
4. Rocket's Admin.
5. Battle Fronteir
6. Desert Ruins
7. Cursed Stone
8. Mr. Briney's Compassion
9. Holon Transceiver
10. Celio's Network
11. Professor Elm's Training Method
12. Holon Mentor
13. Holon Lass
14. Energy Root
15. Cursed Powder

1. Rare Candy: The ability to skip a stage is absolutely brutal. From Pidgey to Pidgeot and Squirtle to Blastoise ex is game changing.

2. POW! Hand Extension:  Basically a Gust of Wind when your losing. This card can win you the game by bringing up one of your opponent's pokemon from the bench that is fully powered up so you can knock it out before it destroys you.

3. Swoop! Teleporter: Swoop! Teleporter can be game changing in that it can for example you have a Jirachi as your active pokemon and have two energy attached, use Swoop and get a Metatite and then evolve to Medicham ex in 1 turn. That's game changing.

4. Rocket's Admin.: The abilty to disrupt your opponent's set up.

5. Battle Fronteir: The main reason is that it shuts down Pidgeot, the main card searcher in a lot of decks. It also shuts off some popular decks like Dragtrode and Metanite.

6. Desert Ruins: The ability to put extra damage on pokemon ex that's not an attack is great and it also works on ex that are on the bench which makes it even better.

7. Cursed Stone: It puts extra damage on pokemon that have powers like all the Eevee evolution ex's, Pidgeot, Magcargo, Dragtrode, and Metanite.

8. Mr. Briney's Compassion: This card can save one of your powerful pokemon from being knocked out and it also saves any energies that were on that pokemon.

9. Holon Transceiver: It helps any deck that runs the Holon engine because it can get one of those supporters out of your deck or your discard pile.

10. Celio's Network: A card that can search for any non-ex pokemon is awesome.

11. Professor Elm's Training Method: This card is mostly used to search for evolved pokemon ex's.

12. Holon Mentor: It gets you 3 basics of any type with less than 100 HP. Maybe the best setup card in the format.

13. Holon Lass: When this card is used at the begining of the match it will usually get you at least 3 to 5 energy. A great card for decks that don't run a lot of energy.

14. Energy Root: 20 more HP is awesome. It gives a lot of pokemon that extra strength they need to survive.

15. Cursed Powder: A special gift for mean people that knock out your pokemon :) This card really hurts a pokemon that already has damage on itself, it could even knock out the pokemon that knocked you out.

Well that is my top trainer list in the current modified format. What's also nice is that the majorty of these trainers will still be legal after Worlds.

Number 10: Energy Root
Number 9: Battle Frontier
Number 8: Swoop! Teleporter
Number 7: Desert Ruins
Number 6: Cursed Stone
Number 5: Celios Network
Number 4: Holon Transceiver
Number 3: Holon Farmer
Number 2:Rockets admin
Number 1: RARE CANDY!!!!

There, a quick rundown of what trainers will help you the most overall.

This week, we shall take a look on top 10 trainers in this current metagame. I shall begin with from the 10th place to 1st place. So, here we go…

10. Pow! Hand extension
This card is good, but no in every deck. Mostly players use it to gust out pokemon. In addition, this card is better than pokemon reversal because it does not require any coin flipping. However, you need to have more prizes than your opponent. Thus, it leads people to use it with Electrode ex, which give you more control on the number of your prizes. So most probably this card only powerful in Pow!Block or liability deck.

9. Prof. Elm Training Method
Prof. Elm Traning Method searches for any evolve pokemon. It is just a plain card searcher. Anyone who play with ex stage one or stage two pokemon should go with this card. However, the downside is it cannot search for basic pokemon. It is just, too bad.

8. Holon Mentor
It is like the combination of three great balls. Holon Mentor is great in the early turn because it helps you setup the game fast. Yet, being a supporter brings it down since you cannot play supporter if you start first and sometimes you might have other better supporter that you want to play instead. On the other hand, there is an incensement of players who play with holon mentor nowadays. If you want your deck to be swarm, then this is the card. So, it grabs 8th place in my standing.

7. Celio’s network

Alike Prof. Elm Traning Method, it searches for pokemon, but excluding ex pokemon and including basic pokemon. It gets higher place than Prof Elm Training Method because it can search for basic. This card should be in every non ex decks or any decks that only contain 1 or 2 ex pokemon.

6. Holon Transceiver
Here, we shall take a look on our 6th place card, Holon Transceiver. Holon transceiver is good because it can search for a holon supporter in your deck OR in your discard pile. Hence, you will not afraid from running out of the holon supporter that you need in your deck. It is the key card in the holon engine. Well, for those who do not familiar with Holon Engine, it has a basic combination of 2 holon transceiver, 2 holon mentor, and a holon scientist or holon adventurer. Besides, you may increase the number of holon mentor or holon transceiver depend on what your deck needs. For example, you need to fill your bench fast, so you include three or four holon transceiver and two holon mentor in your deck. Besides that, after you fill up your bench, you can use Holon transceiver to search for other holon trainers such as holon adventure or holon scientist.

5. Steven Advice
The 5th place goes to Steven Advice. This card is the best straight drawing in current metagame. Imagine that your opponent has full bench, then how many cards you will draw? SIX!! It is not a small number. Do I need to explain anymore? That is why every trainer should include this card in their decks.

4. Ancient Rock Machine (Rock)
Someone might ask: Why it ATM rock, but not other trainers such as Steven’s advice or Holon Tranceiver? The answer is simple; it is because rare candy is heavily played in current metagame. For example, your opponent evolves a Pidgey into Pidgeot with rare candy, and then you play an ATM rock to return back Pidgeot into his hand to stop him from quick search. Not enough? If that Pidgeot has 50 damages on it, it will knock out after you play ATM rock (note: Pidgey only has 50 HP). As a result, you draw a prize and opponent cannot use quick search. However, the downside is only non ex-pokemon can play it. So, if your deck is heavily played with ex pokemon, then it is not wise to play it. Or else, you should play one or two. That is the reason why this card fails to earn my top three standings.

3. Battle Frontier
Now we shall look at our top three. The third best card is Battle Frontier. The major factor that brings this card up is the popularity of Pidgeot. Nowadays, Pidgeot is heavily played. Hence, you can see Pidgeot is almost in every deck. As you all know, Pidgeot is the key and the search engine to help the whole deck works around. Thus, when Battle Frontier locks Pidgeot, the whole deck will become slow and the strategy will be affected. Furthermore, it locks Metanite deck, too. So, if you are not playing with Pidgeot, then you should play with Battle frontier.

2. Rocket’s Admin
Rocket’s Admin is the best card drawing in current format. It works in EVERY deck. It not only gives you a fresh hand, it also disrupts opponent’s hand. This card is useful especially you have Pidgeot in play because you will not fear to get a bad hand since Pidgeot helps you search for the cards you need. Furthermore, Rocket’s Admin become more powerful when opponent has left one or two prizes, it forces opponent draws only one or two cards. This card become deadly when you play with Electrode ex and pow! Hand extansion. For instance, let say your opponent has three prizes left. Then, you blow up Electrode ex and allow opponent draws two prizes. After that, you play Pow! Hand extansion to gust up opponent’s key pokemon such as Pidgeot and play Rocket’s Admin. So, your opponent only draws a card and he loses his key pokemon. Other than that, if your opponent has many stage two pokemon that evolved through rare candy. You play Rocket’s admin and lay down a ATM rock which gives opponent less key cards (such as rare candy and card drawing trainers) in his hand, but many pokemon card and yet, he cannot evolve them because he does not has the stage one in his hand. However, bear in mind that you need a good timing to play this card. For example, if your opponent has 5 prizes and a card in his hand, it is wise not to play Rocket’s admin or it will help his instead. Well, this is the factor that makes it could not grab the first spot.

1 Rare Candy
Here is my top 1. Obviously it is good in any decks as long as your deck contains evolutions. Rare candy is good because it can evolve your basic into stage two pokemon. Moreover, if your opponent has pokemon which can snipe bench such as Steelix ex. You can keep the basic pokemon in your hand first. Once you get its evolution, you play that basic pokemon and lay a rare candy to evolve into stage one or stage two pokemon. Rare candy is just too powerful because it breaks the rules, which are you cannot evolve on the first turn, on the turn you place that pokemon on bench and you cannot evolve a basic into stage two pokemon. For example, you can get Pidgeot out on your first turn and start quick seaching for cards you need. Thus, this card can be fit in any deck that has evolution and especially if your play with stage two pokemon, rare candy is a MUST.

That’s all for my top 10 trainers. Hope you guys enjoy it. Until next time. Cheers.

Cards of the Week

The Top 10 Trainers

This will not be like any other COTW.
This week I will be going over the 10 most important (and potentially) the best Trainer cards in the format.
They are the things that make our decks work, they speed it up, enhance it, make it more powerful, they can even save your life at the most desperate times. They can shut down our opponents, change effect of cards or even do damage.

These are the Top 10 Trainers of the Modified Format 2006. Does your deck include them?

1. Rare Candy

This is the card that has changed the game like no other. In 2003/4, EX Sandstorm was released, and in it, was a card that could not just be described as broken, it was a card that broke over half the rules setup by WOTC when they founded the game. Rare Candy allows you take any ST.1/2 Pokemon from your hand and evolve it from the Basic. That alone makes it extremely powerful for a mere Trainer since you can skip straight from a Beldum into Metagross EX T2 and attack for huge amounts of damage. But it doesn’t end there, oh no. Since it is an average Trainer card and can be used 1st turn, you could evolve straight into a mega-powerful ST.2 cards T1! This is going beyond reason and gives the game a speed of unparallel proportions. Ludicargo hits 30 on 1st turn, Gengar can snipe off 1st turn, Machamp can use Double Rainbow Energy and Candy to hit for 30 1st and discards a Special Energy, Blastiose can annihilate anything 1st with Energy Rain and Hyper Whirlpool them for 80!
This pure brokenness and is the true meaning of bending the rules.
Easy, powerful and changed the game like no other Modified card, Rare Candy is my No.1 Trainer.

2. Holon Mentor

Wow. The infamous Holon Engine, perhaps the fastest engine for all non-T2 decks and the strongest is also the home to the card that can save your life in more ways than one. Holon Mentor is card that can search your deck (for the Holon discard of one card from your hand) you can search your deck for 3 Basic Pokemon with 100 HP or less and places them onto your bench. This can save your life if you are stuck with a lone active since you say, search your deck for 3 Lugia EXs (not that you would want 3) and intimidate your opponent with numbers. The BEST way however, is to it to bring out 3 Jirachis (DX) and use 3 Wishing Star Powers. That is a quick, easy and very powerful way to get your cards and once you are all setup, Swoop! Them and get going. That strategy is best utilised by Medicham EX variants. A great card that can save your life and create unique situations like no other card, Holon Mentor is No. 2 on my list.

3. Celio’s Network

This is perhaps the most commonly used Trainer after Rare Candy and Rockets Admin. It has the straight forward ability to search your deck for any non-EX Pokemon and put into your hand. This is the primary reson why this card is a Supporter. You get yourself a much-needed Basic or a ST.2 to play your lethal Rare Candy. Almost all decks play Celio unless they are play big amounts of EX’s. Celio’s Newtwork is a great and straight that limits you to non-EX Pokemon when applying the great searching effects on this card. Celio is No.3 on my list of The Top15 Trainers.

4. Rockets Admin

My, my, my. This is THE most hard-to find Trainer card at this present time. Why? Not the fact that it is an Uncommon Trainer card, no no. The simply hipopotumouslyexubricantly (excuse the long slang) effect on it.
Once you see the effect, you will know why most retailer have either ‘OUT OF STOCK’ or £.6.99 on the tag.
This Suppporter card has the wild card effect of telling you and your opponent to shuffle your hands back into your deck and then draw the amount of card equal to the amount of Prize card you and your opponent have left. This may be a wild card but timed right and it can changed the whole tide of the game. If your opponent has just searched his deck with Celio’s Network but did not play the card he/she looked for, then playing Admin will make them lose that card and making them waste a valuable Supporter. However of course, this can go the other way, what if your opponent had a very bad hand and you Admined them and they drew into say, a Jirachi and a Rare Candy? The card can go boths ways since a well timed card could turn the tide of the game in your favour whilstm a porly timed one can royally screw your game up. People utilise Rockets Admin commonly with Electrode EX since when your opponent has less Prizes they draw less cards. It can even help late game qwhen you have only 1 Prize left since at that point you could be in an overally dominant position and the extra disruption can prevent your opponent from ever making a comeback. A wildcard, much sought after and can either seal your game or destroy it with equal measure, Rockets Admin is the holder of 4th place on my list.

5. Battle Frontier

This was by great margins the MOST anticipated card of the format when it was released and now it has given us the unofficial ruling of ‘4 Stadiums per deck at all times’. The card has the effect to negate all Poke-Powers AND Poke-Bodies on all Colorless, Dark and Metal Pokemon. When the spoiler was released, Dragtrode players cringed, Rock-Lock players cried and everybody with a Pidgeot in their decks screamed. Heck, they sold for £10 on ebay at post-pre-release fever.
The aftermath lived up to the hype: though Rock-Lock played on, Dragtrode slowly slipped off and out of the archetype section. Pidgeot players were not put off either, playing either counter gyms or Magcargo.
However because of the simply lethal effect at its disposal, every deck since (save a certain few) have ALWAYS been recommended to play 4 Stadiumsbecause 4 of these and without a counter gym it is game lock and that is why Battle Frontier is No.5 on the list.

6. Ancient Technical Machine (Rock)

THE most widely teched card in the format. Allowing an Evolved Pokemon use the attack and devolve ALL of your opponents Pokemon is an amazing effect that can really help you catch up with the game or score a winning KOs. How many KOs Gengars have scored late game with Cursed Reaction-ATM Rock combos, how many locks Rock-Lock caused with ATM R’s attack, how times has a Machamp deck caught up to a Queendom with a single use of this card…
Only 1or 2 are ever teched in but they enough and since most decks use either Pidgeot/Magcargo for searching, finding the ATM’s will be easy.
Not many people saw the potential of this at the pre-releases but when people noticed that you say, KO a 50 HP Pidgeot by devolving a Rae Candied on back Pidgey it was a storming success and that is why ATM Rock makes No.6 on the Top 10 Trainers.

7. Holon Tranciever

This little baby is the pride and joy of the Holon engine.
Basically a Holon Supporter seeker that doubles as a Holon VS.Seeker, a must for all Holon engines (typically 3-4). Find a Scientist for draw, find a Researcher for Energy and Pokemon, Mentor for Basics, this list goes on. All for any situation. Find, re-use and reuse Holon Supporters is the mantra of this card. Abuse it. It is essential and that secures Holon Transceiver’s space in No. 7.

8. Stevens Advice

Why is the best draw card in the modified format No.8? Well here is why: situation. Steven allows you to draw a number equal to the amount of Pokemon your opponent has in play. The only parts where it has downsides are the fact that you only use it when you have less than 7 cards in your hand and that if your opponent either plays or has little Pokemon in play, then the effect of Steven is a little useless. But forget that! Look, how cards let you draw up to 6 CARDS for free (no discard)?
See, usually the average for Stevens Advice is 2-4 and that is quality drawing. It is not as important as it was back in 2004 since we have all these new ways of getting what we want but it is still an essential card that is more than worthy of 2-3 spaces in your deck, and that is why it is the 8th card in the countdown.

9. Proffessor Elm’s Training Method

The card appeared in Expedition a few years back and was a smash hit with every deck, and now he is back…
Elm basically allow you to search your deck for any Evolution card (including Pokemon EX) and put it into your hand. Like Celio’s Network but without Basic and with EX’s. It is an awesome card for EX heavy deck and is a good, solid search card. But since Celio outclasses it in most aspects, Proffessor Elm’s Training Method goes to No.9 on the list.

10. POW! Hand Extension

A very situational card that though limited to a few decks, is THE best disruption Trainer out there next to Rockets Admin. Allowing the options to either switch your opponents Active Pokemon with one of their bech Pokemon or move one of their Active Pokemon’s Energy cards to one of their other Pokemon. Both of those effects can easily changed the course of the game: Moving a React Energy from Gengar to a Plusle is vital to stop the opponent gaining a stronghold position on your Pokemon, switching a Blastiose EX for a Pidgeot and KOing it can stop your opponent form searching for any instruments that they would against you like say, Holon Mentor or Dual Ball. It situational though since though all of these effects are brilliant, you must be behind on Prizes to use them. A very effective tactic applied by a few decks is to use Electrode EX and blow up, making your opponent take 2 Prizes, putting them behind on Prizes most likely, then activating POW! and control the game. And since you just blew up, you will most likely have a fully charged attacker waiting to KO the next Pokemon in front of it like say, Pidgeot/Magcargo. POW! is situational and the trickiness of activating it lower its rating a bit but it is definatly a quality card that is essential to many a decks strategy and that is the reason why it is No.10.

Well. That is it. I hope the information and listings here help you.

This review was brought to you by Veyatii Xeras.

Hiya,

Today’s COTW is a little bit different…We were asked to rank trainer cards. Trainer cards have always been the heart of a Pokemon TCG deck. It speeds your deck and that one trainer could be the one card that is needed to win. So…Here are my top 10 list of the best Modified Trainer cards.

1. Rare Candy
Why:
Ah…My favorite card. This cards is a staple to most of the decks in the current metagame. Why is that? Because…Rare candy allows you to skip one stage of evolution to stage 2, or, just evolve into stage on the first turn you placed a basic Pokemon. The best thing is…It is a Non-Supporter Trainer card. This means, you can evolve on turn 1, thus speeding your deck setup. Think of T1 Pidgeot or T1 Weezing Liability with Energy root on it.
Where:
Rare Candy, as I said before, goes in any decks in this format, since the Rare Candy gives the ability to evolves 1st turn, and either Stage 1 or Stage 2. In this wide megatame, speed is everything.

2. Holon Mentor
Why::
This card is the best setup card in the current legal sets. Holon Mentor allows you to search up to 3 Basic Pokemon with 100 hp or below, and put them in your hand. This card also allows you to search for basic ex Pokemon too, which can be very useful for getting Basic ex, like Lugia and Deoxys. Being a Holon supporter, it can be taken back or searched by Holon Transceiver, a card that makes this card to the 2nd place
Where:
Like Rare Candy, this card works in any deck. Getting a fast setup is one of the reasons a player wins. Almost every deck needs a fast setup, and Holon Mentor gives you that.

3. Battle Frontier
Battle Frontier is one of the stadiums that is widely used. Why? Because, it is a stadium that stops Evolved [D], [M] and [C] types Poke-Powers and Poke-Bodies. With Pidgeot and Delta Pokemon ruling the current metagame, stopping their Poke-Powers is a must
Where:
This card is used in any decks that don’t use [D], [M] and [C] types Pokemon. You don’t want to stop yourself. Other then that, Battle Frontier works in any decks.

4. Swoop! Teleporter
Swoop! Teleporter lets you search for a basic Pokemon, and replace it with one of your other Basic Pokemon, discarding the latter. Like the good ole Pokemon Trader, this card is useful when you need another Basic Pokemon in play. With Rare Candy, this card can be your winning move.
Where:
Swoop! Teleporter is mostly used in T2 decks, because it gets the needed Basic Pokemon fast. Some people tech in Swoop! Teleporter If they have a very little number of Basic Pokemon in their decks.

4. Pokemon Retriever
Well…There’s quite a number of cards that can take back the Pokemon in your Discard Pile, but there’s only one card, that is a legal, non-supporter Trainer Card, and that is, Pokemon Retriever. Pokemon Retriever allows you to take back 1 Pokemon card and put it in your hand, or take 3, and put them in your deck. The 1st choice is why this card is much more better than Holon Farmer. Putting Pokemon from your Discard Pile is very useful, and can help you a lot. Some Pokemon Energy, like Holon Castform and HolonTrode, can also be taken back by Pokemon Retriever. Also…Being a Trainer card, you can use it multiple of times in a turn.
Where:
Pokemon Retriever works in any decks…And I mean…any decks.

5. Rocket’s Admin
This is by far the best disrupting Trainer cards ever. How does it disrupt? By shuffling your opponent’s hand, and draw cards the same as the number of Prizes left, this could hurt your opponent a lot. This card also helps in early game, if your opponent somehow gets a god hand, just use Admin to shuffle them back.
Where:
Rocket’s Admin works in any decks, but works best with Electrode ex and Beedrill d. You can reduce your opponent’s Prizes and then shuffle their hand to draw less cards. Admin also works with Espeon ex and Crawdunt ex. After devolving your opponent, use Admin to shuffle the cards back to the deck, thus destroying your opponent’s strategy.

4. Pokemon Retriever
Well…There’s quite a number of cards that can take back the Pokemon in your Discard Pile, but there’s only one card, that is a legal, non-supporter Trainer Card, and that is, Pokemon Retriever. Pokemon Retriever allows you to take back 1 Pokemon card and put it in your hand, or take 3, and put them in your deck. The 1st choice is why this card is much more better than Holon Farmer. Putting Pokemon from your Discard Pile is very useful, and can help you a lot. Some Pokemon Energy, like Holon Castform and HolonTrode, can also be taken back by Pokemon Retriever. Also…Being a Trainer card, you can use it multiple of times in a turn.
Where:
Pokemon Retriever works in any decks…And I mean…any decks.

6. Celio’s Network & Prof Elm Training Method.
These two cards tied at 6th place, because, each searches Pokemon, and each has its own flaw. Celio’s Network can search for any Pokemon excluding exes and Prof. Elm Training Method can search for any Pokemon excluding basics. These two cards are staples to all decks in the current metagame. Without this, most decks will be too slow or too weak. Also, Celio’s and PETM both can search for Pokemon Energy, like HolonTrode or HolonTon.
Where:
Celio’s goes to any deck that doesn’t use any ex, and PETM goes to decks that have many ex evolutions.

7. Ancient Technical Machine [Rock]
ATM Rock is the second best card for disruption. By devolving your opponent’s Pokemon and returning to your opponent’s hand, this can really hurt your opponent, especially Rare Candy users. ATM Rock devolves them into their 1st stage. What’s worst, is the Pokemon you devolve have enough damage counters on it, it can be KO’d after it is devolved, because of HP Changing..
Where:
Not many decks can fit this card, because it is very conditional, most of the times useless. Particular decks that uses this is Roc-Lock. ATM rock actually can be used in any decks that doesn’t use a lot of ex’s, but its inconsistency makes this card low rated.

8. Copycat
Copycat is the second best shuffle draw supporter card after Rocket’s Admin. Copycat is a great card, but sometimes too conditional. If your opponent has a lot of cards in their hands, Copycat is great, but what if the opponent has less than 2 cards? Like ATM Rock, its inconsistency makes this card low rated.
Where:
Copycat theme deck is using Shiftry from DX. The attack needs you have the same numbers as your opponent’s hand to deal more damage. Other than Shiftry, Copycat is also widely used in normal decks, since it's one of the most powerful drawing card in the current format.

9. Steven’s Advice
This card used to be on the top 3 of my list, but the current format changed that. You see, the current format focuses on speed, which means, less Pokemon used to fill their bench. Since Steven’s Advice depends a lot on your opponents, it is inconsistent.
Where:
Steven’s is still used widely, since it also a powerful draw power. It’s a staple in most decks.

10. Holon Transceiver
Since there a lot of Delta themed deck being born, more use of this card. Powerful, this card can either search your deck or Discard Pile for a Holon supporter card. It is a ‘trainered’ Scott and VS seeker for Holon Trainers. Holon Supporters like Holon Mentor, Holon Farmer, Holon Lass, is very useful for a certain number decks, and Transceiver can search for it.
Where:
Mostly in Holon themed decks. Or, just a tech for decks that uses Holon Supporters like Mentor, Lass, etc.

That’s all for this week COTW!!
Hope you liked it and learned something form my article.

Hope to see you again next week.

Cya.

[/b][/i]Top Trainers From My Experience-
1-Rare Candy
2-
[/size]
3-
5-
6-
7-Steven's Advice
8-
9-