Discussion Thoughts on Decks in 2018-2019 season

RealMrMewtwo

Aspiring Trainer
I've been thinking long and hard about what cards are going to be viable and what cards are going to work well together. The SUM - On rotation is a big hit for me at least due to the loss of draw supporters like sycamore and N, and cards like Max Elixir for energy acceleration. I'm so accustomed to Sycamore and N that know what draw supporters to play and decks beyond Cynthia. If anyone knows any combos that would be great going into the next rotation please, post it in the comments box below. Anyway, thanks for your time and have a nice day!

Judge, Ilima, Copycat and maybe Hala will see play but I have no idea how much. I personally think Metagross makes a comeback. Some of its biggest drawbacks were the immediate counter to a nice algorithm or vulpix beacon with N but since judge and ilima will be the big hand disruption cards they are less likely to occur. It can hit relevant numbers with a band and dhelmise at 190 and 210 with kukui and retains its staples including rare candy, max potion and choice band. It loses brigette but fan club, dunsparse and alolan vulpix should be able to help out. It also gets a baby metagross which lets you play stevens resolve for no penalty s that could be helpful.

Judge, Ilima, Copycat and maybe Hala will see play but I have no idea how much. I personally think Metagross makes a comeback. Some of its biggest drawbacks were the immediate counter to a nice algorithm or vulpix beacon with N but since judge and ilima will be the big hand disruption cards they are less likely to occur. It can hit relevant numbers with a band and dhelmise at 190 and 210 with kukui and retains its staples including rare candy, max potion and choice band. It loses brigette but fan club, dunsparse and alolan vulpix should be able to help out. It also gets a baby metagross which lets you play stevens resolve for no penalty s that could be helpful.
Ilima won’t see play. The ability to end up flipping tails while your opponent flips heads will kill games. I think Judge and Marshadow will be the only practical method of hand disruption.

Do to judge and illima especially being poor choice of hand disruptions it's more likely were gonna stop seeing hand disruption supporters intierly. N is super strong early game and when your behind but judge effectively gives you one less card to work with than your opponent if you have zoroark it's not so bad but ultimately it's not that effective of a hand draw support or disruption. Most draw supporters are likely going to be focused on the ability to refresh ones hand while retaining resources and the best ones post rotation are cynthia,copycat, and tate and lizza and every now and then sophocles. Dont pay attending to wicke,sightseer,or illima those are all garbage when compared to the alternatives.

Ilima won’t see play. The ability to end up flipping tails while your opponent flips heads will kill games. I think Judge and Marshadow will be the only practical method of hand disruption.

This is true. Ilima has a 25% chance of flat out destorying you. However, there's a 25% chance of you destroying your opponent, and 50% chance that you both flip/roll the same result. It's like an edgier Judge.

Do to judge and illima especially being poor choice of hand disruptions it's more likely were gonna stop seeing hand disruption supporters intierly. N is super strong early game and when your behind but judge effectively gives you one less card to work with than your opponent if you have zoroark it's not so bad but ultimately it's not that effective of a hand draw support or disruption. Most draw supporters are likely going to be focused on the ability to refresh ones hand while retaining resources and the best ones post rotation are cynthia,copycat, and tate and lizza and every now and then sophocles. Dont pay attending to wicke,sightseer,or illima those are all garbage when compared to the alternatives.

I disagree. Hand disruption is especially important in any strategy. Judge isn't as good as N, but it's better than Peeking Red Card and Ilima. In anything meta-relevant, you're going to see at least 2 Judge in every build. I'm currently experimentging with 4. Being able to completely hinder your hand on the very first turn can be REALLY crucial. Especially if the matchup would naturally be bad if it were to play out normally.

Sightseer is good. It has application in most decks, but it's good. Trust me on that.

I disagree. Hand disruption is especially important in any strategy. Judge isn't as good as N, but it's better than Peeking Red Card and Ilima. In anything meta-relevant, you're going to see at least 2 Judge in every build. I'm currently experimentging with 4. Being able to completely hinder your hand on the very first turn can be REALLY crucial. Especially if the matchup would naturally be bad if it were to play out normally.

Sightseer is good. It has application in most decks, but it's good. Trust me on that.
Except its not so I'm not gonna trust me sophocles litterly gives you 1 one less card and is not nearly as costly most of the time even if you play your hand down to 1 b4 you play sightseer if it was a tate and lizza you would get the same amount of cards. Sightseer is so bad but people think its sycamore even thought it's not even close to be good. As for judge yea it disrupts but it also gives you very few cards to work with if your not set up I'd rather play a copycat and even the cards I have to my opponents then go for the hail Mary of ruining there hand.

Except its not so I'm not gonna trust me sophocles litterly gives you 1 one less card and is not nearly as costly most of the time even if you play your hand down to 1 b4 you play sightseer if it was a tate and lizza you would get the same amount of cards. Sightseer is so bad but people think its sycamore even thought it's not even close to be good. As for judge yea it disrupts but it also gives you very few cards to work with if your not set up I'd rather play a copycat and even the cards I have to my opponents then go for the hail Mary of ruining there hand.

I think 2 judges are good in certain decks for hand disruption. Imagine all the decks that might play a stevens resolve. You need to be able to stop that.

But for my Rayquaza GX deck, i just run sightseer and all that. It really depends on what deck you are using. For acceleration you are focusing on your own cards and you need supporters to help yourself. But for others...

Sightseer is great in ray to discard energies and sightseer will definitely see play elsewhere

I think 2 judges are good in certain decks for hand disruption. Imagine all the decks that might play a stevens resolve. You need to be able to stop that.

But for my Rayquaza GX deck, i just run sightseer and all that. It really depends on what deck you are using. For acceleration you are focusing on your own cards and you need supporters to help yourself. But for others...
You could judge there Steven or you could copycat there 6 plus hand and put yourself on an even level. Judge on the second turn of the game would be awful

With zoroark 3 or even 4 judge are playable without worrying. The key is to find the perfect partner for post rotation

Back