TCG Fakes thegrovylekid's Fake Cards - Pokédex Project! (Text Based)

Psyduck HP: 60 [W]
Basic
054.png

[W] Rain Droplets
Remove 1 damage counter from each of your Benched Pokémon.

[W][C] Dizzy Peck 20
Filp a coin. If tails, Psyduck is now Confused.

Weakness: [L] +10
Resistance:
Retreat: [C][C]

Golduck HP: 80 [W]
054.png
Stage 1: Evolves from Psyduck
055.png

Poké-BODY: Ride The Wave
Whenever your opponent attaches an Energy card from his hand to his or her Pokémon, you may attach an Energy card from your hand to Golduck. You can't attach more than 1 Energy per turn in this way.

[W] Heavy Storm 10+
Does 10 damage plus 10 more damage for each Energy attached to Golduck. Then, return all Energy attached to Golduck to your hand.

Weakness: [L] +20
Resistance:
Retreat: [C]

I really like your designs!

I think you do a great job at capturing the creativity and realism of the Pokémon in your attacks and abilities.

There is only issue I see here that's holding back your work. Poké-body are supposed to represent the unique attributes of the Pokémon's physical makeup. For example, the density of a hard shell (which might make Fortress somewhat impervious to physical damage); OR let's say the emanation the fire from Heatran's massive body (which creates a dangerous atmosphere surrounding it—resulting in damage if you come too close to it). For this reason, when you're making a Poké-body ability, it should revolve around one of the Pokémon's physical attributes—or else there's going to be no relativity to the concept of a Poké-body by definition.

What you have there with that Golduck would be more like a Poké-power. These we're unique abilities that each Pokémon had, based on the nature of their being and special potential. For example, a duck can swim—so a somewhat psychic duck should be able to surf without a board. Hence the power to "Ride the Wave". You see what I mean?

I really like your designs!

I think you do a great job at capturing the creativity and realism of the Pokémon in your attacks and abilities.

There is only issue I see here that's holding back your work. Poké-body are supposed to represent the unique attributes of the Pokémon's physical makeup. For example, the density of a hard shell (which might make Fortress somewhat impervious to physical damage); OR let's say the emanation the fire from Heatran's massive body (which creates a dangerous atmosphere surrounding it—resulting in damage if you come too close to it). For this reason, when you're making a Poké-body ability, it should revolve around one of the Pokémon's physical attributes—or else there's going to be no relativity to the concept of a Poké-body by definition.

What you have there with that Golduck would be more like a Poké-power. These we're unique abilities that each Pokémon had, based on the nature of their being and special potential. For example, a duck can swim—so a somewhat psychic duck should be able to surf without a board. Hence the power to "Ride the Wave". You see what I mean?
I see your point, but Flygon has neither wind Erosion, Irritating Buzzing, or Rainbow Floating powers, and some of them are stretches at best, like Espeon Prime's "evolution memories" or Espeon MD's "Sunlight Veil". I should try to look at physical charactersistcs instead of special ones, though.

Mankey HP: 50 [F]
Basic
056.png

[F] Monkey Buisiness
Search your deck for up to 3 Pokémon with Mankey in their name and put them on your bench. Shuffle your deck afterwards. Mankey does 10 damage to itself.

[F][C] Temper Tantrum 30+
If Mankey has any damage counters on it, this attack does 30 damage plus 20 more damage.

Weakness: [P] +10
Resistance:

Primeape HP: 80 [F]
056.png
Stage 1: Evolves from Mankey
057.png

Poké-POWER: Careless Anger
Once during your turn (before you attack), you may put damage counters on 1 of your Pokémon until it is 10 HP away from being knocked out. This power can't be used if Primeape is affected by a Special Condition.

[F][C] Reckless Rage 30+
If Primeape has exactly 10 HP left, this attack does 30 damage plus 50 more damage. Then, Primeape does 10 damage to itself.

Weakness: [P] +20
Resistance:

Not extremely useful [Yet...] but it fits Primeape rather well.

Last edited:
Understood. I've said it before, the developers in Japan have a terrible habit of making these mistakes themselves. It's become an unfortunate legacy of theirs. As I always encourage though, don't let their habits make you too comfortable with doing the same thing. If anything, you want to veer as far away from that as possible. Every step, from every person, in the other direction helps to serve an example of good development.

I look forward to seeing what the "[Yet...]" refers to that may help prevent ol' Primeape from smacking himself upside the head for the OHKO. :p

Though I've always found self-sacrificing attacks kind of appealing in a way. I like to imagine it strikes fear in my opponents because I'm so ruthless I knock even my own Pokemon out. :cool:

By the way, I think you have an extra word in Primeape's ability. "...you may put as damage counters..."

Growlithe HP: 60 [R]
Basic
058.png

[R] Singe 10
Flip a coin. If heads, the Defending Pokémon is now Burned.

[R][C] Burning Bite 20+
If the Defending Pokémon is Burned, this attack does 20 damage plus 20 more damage.

Weakness: [W] +10
Resistance:

Arcanine HP: 100 [R]
058.png
Stage 1: Evolves from Growlithe
059.png

Poké-BODY: Hot Fur
If your opponent's active Pokémon is Burned, any damage done to Arcanine by attacks is reduced by 20.

[R] Small Fire 10
The Defending Pokémon is now Burned.

[R][C] Fire Tornado 30+
If the Defending Pokémon is Burned, this attack does 30 damage plus 20 more damage.

Weakness: [W] +20
Resistance:

Hopefully more useful than Arcanine SV.

it's been a while, huh?

Rowlet HP: 50 [G]
Basic
169x200xRowlet-169x200.jpg.pagespeed.ic.jThW8rmKlW.webp

[C] Tackle 10

[G][C] Leafage 30
Discard a [G] Energy attached to this Pokémon.

Weakness: [R] x2
Resistance:

Litten HP: 50 [R]
Basic
145x200xLitten-145x200.jpg.pagespeed.ic.NIOYZZkszd.webp

[C] Scratch 10

[R][C] Ember 30
Discard a [R] Energy attached to this Pokémon.

Weakness: [W] x2
Resistance:

Here's what I think the starter cards will look like. Poppilo doesn't get a card because I don't like Poppilo.

Poliwag HP: 40 [W]
Basic
060.png

[-] Whirlpool Current
Your opponent switches the Defending Pokémon with 1 of your opponent's Benched Pokémon. The new Defending Pokémon is now Confused.

[W] Tadpole Pond 10x
This attack does 10 damage times the number of Poliwag on your bench.

Weakness: [G] +10
Resistance:

Poliwhirl HP: 70 [W]
060.png
Stage 1: Evolves from Poliwag
061.png

Poké-BODY: Slippery Skin
If Poliwhirl is your active Pokémon and is damaged by your opponent's active Pokémon's attack, flip a coin. If heads, prevent that damage.

[W][C] Whirlpool 30
the Defending Pokémon can't Retreat during your opponent's next turn.

Weakness: [G] +20
Resistance:

Poliwrath HP: 110 [W]
061.png
Stage 2: Evolves from Poliwag
062.png

Poké-BODY: Amphibious genes
Poliwrath can use the attacks of each of your Poliwag, Poliwhirl, or Politoed as its own.

[W] Frog Hop 30+
Flip a coin. If heads, this attack does 30 damage plus 20 more damage.

[W][W] Raindrop Slap 50+
This attack does 10 more damage for each [W] Pokémon on your bench.

Weakness: [G] +30
Resistance:

Abra HP: 40 [P]
Basic
063.png

Poké-BODY: Drowsing
Abra can't be Burned, Paralyzed, Confused, or Poisoned.

[P] Teleport
Shuffle Abra and all cards attached to it back into your deck.

Resistance:
Kadabra HP: 70 [P]
063.png
Stage 1: Evolves from Abra
064.png

Poké-POWER: Spoon Bending
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may flip 3 coins. For each heads, choose a card from your opponent's hand without looking and place it face down next to your opponent's Active Pokémon until the end of your opponent's next turn. (These cards are not in play or in your opponent's hand). This power can't be used if Kadabra is affected by a Special Condition.

[P][C] Kadabrakinesis
Discard up to 3 cards face-down next to your opponent's active Pokémon. For each card discarded in this way, discard the top card of your deck.

Resistance:

Alakazam HP: 110 [P]
064.png
Stage 2: Evolves from Kadabra
065.png

Poké-POWER: Spoon Manipulation
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may search your Deck for a Pokémon and discard it. Until the end of your turn, Alakazam can use that Pokémon's Poké-POWERs, Poké-BODYs, and Attacks as its own. This power can't be used if Alakazam is affected by a Special Condition.

[P] Card Trick
Choose 1 face-down card next to your opponent's Active Pokémon and flip it face-up. If that card is a Pokémon card, place 2 damage counters on 1 of your opponent's Pokémon. If that card is a Trainer card, discard it. If that card is a Supporter card, discard the top card of your opponent's deck. If that card is a Stadium card, put that card into play. If that card is an Energy card, your opponent draws 2 cards. Then, flip that card face-down.

[P][C] Mind Reader
You and your opponent play Rock-Paper-Scissors. The player who wins draws 3 cards. The player who loses discards the top 3 cards of his or her deck.

Weakness: [P] +30
Resistance:
Alakazam HP: 150 [P]
LEVEL UP: Put onto Alakazam
065-mega.gif

Poké-POWER: Intelligent Draw
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may shuffle your hand into your deck. Then, draw a number of cards equal to the amount of face-down cards next to your opponent's active Pokémon. This power can't be used if M Alakazam is affected by a special condition.

[P][C] Malevolent Spoons
If you have more than 10 cards in your hand, your opponent puts his or her hand face-down next to his or her Active Pokémon until the end of his or her next turn.

065.png
Put this card onto your Active Alakazam. M Alakazam can use any Attacks, Poké-Power, or Poké-Body from its previous level.

Weakness: [P] x2
Resistance:

Felt like going with something unique. After a lot of thinking, I decided to go take a look at an older Kadabra I did with a really big effect. I'd posted it a while ago and bb critiqued the crap out of it, so I decided not to copy/paste it. :p

I did feel like paying homage to it, so I spent a while thinking of how I could use it and came up with this. It looks extremely powerful, and if you can play it right, it's devastating. It requires a lot of tricks to actually be played well and requires micromanagement, so I decided to make it up by making every single stage of the line useful. Through Alakazam's Power, you can use Kadabra's power and attack to set up your effect, and even Abra's attack to remove a heavily damaged Mega Alakazam from the board. M Alakazam provides somewhat steady draw and a way to lock your opponent out of the game after your board state has advanced enough. All in all, Alakazam-based decks will be slow to set up but devastating once they do.

Last edited:
A really neat use of design space here! That random space next to the Active Pokemon has been seldom used in official TCG, so it's nice to see your take on it. It looks quite powerful and you've done a pretty good job on balancing it. ^.^

That said, I'm cautious on two accounts. First is Malevolant Spoons. I know that it's on a Mega, but I'm very cautious about effectively making your opponent's hand zero, as this is the ultimate lock/stall. (With Energy denial and other locks, you can theoretically use this attack every turn until your opponent decks out, and they will not be able to retaliate.) This then brings me to Kadabra. With four of them out, you have a chance to flip 12 times, but statistically 6. Then, you still have the opportunity to attack. So, if you have four Kadabra on your Bench, and any attack at front, there is a very high chance that you will be able to take your six prizes before your opponent can react, as they are relying on top-decking. There are a few fairly simple ways to fix this up, but I'll let you figure that out. :p

In the wording department, "until the end of your next turn." should be "At the end of your opponent’s next turn, return those cards to your opponent’s hand." Reference: Empoleon Lv.X

Machop HP: 50 [F]
Basic
066.png

[F] Low Kick 10+
If the Defending Pokémon weighs more than 100 lbs, this attack does 10 damage plus 20 more damage (If the Defending Pokémon has no printed weight, this attack does 10 damage).

Resistance:

Machoke HP: 70 [F]
066.png
Stage 1: Evolves from Machop
067.png

[F] Bulk Up
Search your Deck for a [F] Energy card and attach it to Machoke. Shuffle your Deck afterwards.

[F][C] Fisticuffs 20+
Flip a coin. If heads, this attack does 20 damage plus 20 more damage.

Resistance:

Machamp HP: 130 [F]
067.png
Stage 2: Evolves from Machoke
068.png

Poké-POWER: Strength Training
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may look at the top 4 cards of your deck and attach a [F] Energy card you find there to Machamp. This power can't be used if Machamp is affected by a Special Condition.

[F] Flex 10+
Discard all [F] Energy attached to Machamp. This attack does 10 damage plus 20 more damage for each Energy discarded in this way.

[F][F][C] Four-Fisted Fury 100
Search your discard pile for 5 [F] Energy cards, show them to your opponent, and shuffle them into your deck. (This attack does nothing if you don’t have 5 [F] Energy cards in your discard pile.)

Weakness: [P] +30
Resistance:
Retreat: [C][C][C]

Not so subtle reference to a certain PB member. Enjoy!

Last edited:
I like the idea of Machop's attack doing damage based on the Defending Pokemon's weight. The height and weight stats aren't utilized enough in the TCG.

You need to tell us what to do when the defending Pokemon has no printed weight, like EXs, for Machop.

Bellsprout HP: 50 [G]
Basic
069.png

[-] Sleep Powder
Flip a coin. If heads, the Defending Pokémon is now Asleep.

[G][C] Vine Whip 20

Weakness: [R] +10
Resistance: [W] -20

Weepinbell HP: 80 [G]
069.png
Stage 1: Evolves from Bellsprout
070.png

[C] Sweet Scent
Search your deck for a Pokémon, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterwards.

[G][C] Mildy Offensive Acid 20
Flip a coin. If heads, discard an Energy attached to the Defending Pokémon.

Weakness: [R] +20

Victreebell HP: 120 [G]
070.png
Stage 2: Evolves from Weepinbell
071.png

[-] Alluring Scent
Switch the Defending Pokémon with 1 of your opponent's Benched Pokémon.

[C][C] Offensive Acid 20
Discard an Energy attached to the Defending Pokémon.

[G][G][C] Petal Dance 20x
Flip 3 coins. This attack does 20 damage times the number of heads. Victreebell is now Confused.

Weakness: [R] +30

STADIUM // Stadium
Pokémon Tower
th-12.jpg
This card stays in play when you play it. Discard this card if another Stadium card comes into play. If another card with the same name is in play, you can’t play this card.

Once during either player's turn, that player may discard a Pokémon from their hand. If they do, that player may search his or her discard pile for a Supporter card, show it to his or her opponent, and put it into his or her Hand.

sigh. While there's a few Pokémon I dislike for one reason or another, the Victreebell line is one of the few I can say I dislike for being plain boring. It's only really notable for biting James's head in the anime, and that's all it does. There's no James here, so this is probably the first true filler card.

Last edited:
Victreebel is totally not boring. :U

Okay, I must agree, Victreebel is not the best chip off the block. However, if you're ever stuck for inspiration, here are my tips:

- Have a look into the Pokemon's PokeDex entries! These entries are amazing for inspiration. For an example, the LeafGreen entry for Victreebel states that: "Said to live in huge colonies deep in jungles, although no one has ever returned from there." For me, this inspires me to make a Victreebel with a twist on the "Do The Wave" style attack, where it "captures" Pokemon from my opponent's hand depending on the number of Victreebel I have in play.
- Check out the Pokemon's possible attacks. I sometimes will get inspiration for an official attack that I can simply apply to the uninspiring Pokemon.
- Take inspiration from the classification name and the species name, both the English and Japanese translations. Especially for older Pokemon, Japanese names may be mistranslated into English, so you can get double the inspiration!
- Search up some art for that Pokemon. Sometimes having a look at how another person interprets the Pokemon can be really insightful and inspirational.
- And finally, browse a few cards of that Pokemon (especially attack names), if applicable. This can be tricky as you try to avoid copying a card and its effects, but like looking at art, seeing other people's interpretations is nice.

Tentacool HP: 50 [P]
Basic
072.png

[C] Float Away 10
Switch Tentacool with 1 of your benched Pokémon.

[C][C] Special Poison
The Defending Pokémon's Weakness is now [P] until the end of your next turn. (The amount of Weakness doesn't change.)

Resistance:

Tentacruel HP: 90 [P]
072.png
Stage 1: Evolves from Tentacool
073.png

[C] Dangerous Stinging
Flip a coin. If heads, the Defending Pokémon is now Poisoned and Paralyzed.

[P][C] Venoshock 30+
If the Defending Pokémon is Poisoned, this attack does 30 damage plus 20 more damage.

Resistance:

Geodude HP: 50 [F]
Basic
074.png

[F] Rock Rumble 10

[F][C] Mud Throw
If the Defending Pokémon tries to attack during your opponent's next turn, flip a coin. If tails, prevent that damage.

Weakness: [G] +10
Resistance:

Graveler HP: 90 [F]
074.png
Stage 1: Evolves from Geodude
075.png

[F][C] Boulder Bash 30+
Flip a coin. If heads, this attack does 30 damage plus 20 more damage.

[F][F][C] Dynamite Tumble 80
Graveler does 50 damage to itself.

Weakness: [G] +20
Resistance:
Retreat: [C][C][C]

Golem HP: 130 [F]
075.png
Stage 2: Evolves from Graveler
076.png

[F][F][F] Tectonic Thrashing
Discard a [F] Energy attached to Golem. This attack does 60 damage to each of your opponent's Pokémon.

[F][F][C][C] Explosion 150
Golem does 150 damage to itself.

Weakness: [G] +30
Resistance:
Retreat: [C][C][C][C]
Not very unique, but true to what Golem does in the TCG. :/

Back