Help The "What Should I Buy?" Thread

-Porygon-Z-

VilePuff FTW
RE: The "What Should I Buy?" Thread

Price Range: $30
What you are thinking of buying: Packs
Any options to choose from and why (Optional): Clash of the Legends Dialga/Palkia x2 (my locals has a deal for 1 for $17 or 2 for $30), Triumphant packs for Gengar Prime/Mew Prime/Machamp Prime.

PokeFan1991

Collector

If you're a collector I'd say go for the Clash Of Legends boxes as you get 4 free LV. X cards, the 2 jumbo cards, and you may get another LV. X or Prime. If you play the game then go for the Triumphant packs for the reason you stated.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member

Alright, first dumb question of my joining, and it's not even a dumb question, since I don't think there's even any questions in this post. Or are there...?

Price Range: ~$100
What you are thinking of buying: Packs, boxes, theme decks, loose cards
Any options to choose from and why (Optional): I'm pretty open. As for why, see the long-winded paragraph below.

I'm basically starting fresh with the Pokémon TCG since I haven't played in about a decade and all my old cards are gone. All I've bought so far are a few theme decks (both HS: Undaunted decks and SV: Overflow) and some random boosters here and there. I've got a decent set of a lot of Undaunted cards and some smatterings here and there, but that's about it.

My goals are 1) To build up a decent casual deck (I don't foresee myself playing in tournaments until I learn a LOT more about where this game has gone), 2) to build up a decent collection.

So, some well-rounded advice on new-deck building and collecting from the "new" sets would be appreciated. :3

Sorry if this is a bit outside the scope of this thread, but I thought it better to ask here than start my own.

.::n00bmuffin::.

I want to change my username.

@Artemis:
I'd probably try to get a box or so of Triumphant a couple HS Trainer kits. TR has a lot of good trade bait stuff as well as good pokemon and supporters, and the HS trainer kit has a bunch of playable supporters and trainers like Collector and (I think) communication.

xSHOGUNx

Aspiring Trainer

Price Range: About $100
What you are thinking of buying: Booster Box
Any options to choose from and why (Optional): Really anything. I'm returning to the game so I thought a booster box of the latest set would be helpful. Question is, which one is more worth it. Anything with good staples, trade bait, etc. Also I'm working on my Dialga deck that I never completely finished before leaving the game.

Thanks for the help

VidFox

Lurking around~

I'm debating whether I should buy a CoL Half box or Triumphant Half box.
Both are about $37-$46 for each half.
I know what's good in TR but what is worthwhile in CoL?

.::n00bmuffin::.

I want to change my username.

Lost World, Shiny cards, RH energy, reprint Smeargle/Umbreon, and a few other things that aren't worth too much. I'd get triumphant.

The Yoshi

Wumbo

@Shogun: Cool booster boxes I can think of is HGSS Base Set, Rising Rivals, and maybe Triumphant.

HGSS Base Set

Cool Energy
DCE
PONT(but reprinted in CoL)
Pokemon Collector
Good Holo Rares(Jumpluff)
Nice Primes(Donphan,Feraligatr)

Rising Rivals

Nice LV.X's(Luxray GL)
Bebe's Search
Great cards in general

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member

Thanks for the advice, .::n00bmuffin::.~

I did go ahead and get a box of Triumphant, but the place I ordered from wasn't selling the HGSS Trainer Sets so I had to pass on that for now. I already have some Pokémon Communication cards (either from random draws or one of the theme decks), so would it be worth it for me to get the Trainer Set still or look into buying single cards from somewhere?

BeserkMagikarp

Kurly Wurly

Price Range: £80
What are you thinking of buying? Booster Box
Hg/Ss sets anyone?? I don't have a clue what to buy but not undaunted, iv bought that, but does anybody know where I can get a very cheap box?

Split007

Aspiring Trainer

Getting into play! What starters should i get? Im gonna get multiple and I like electric fire and fighting. Like raichu and pikachu

The Yoshi

Wumbo

@Split: If you are starting out, I always like a theme deck. The Typhlosion theme deck has Raichu in it(I think), or you could just buy boosters of a certain set. If you do this, try HGSS Base Set. It has a bunch of awesome cards and can be used in a deck you may try.

Gengar master

shiny Pokémon bait
Advanced Member

Price Range: $180-195
What you are thinking of buying: 2 Booster boxes and maybe a tin or collection box
Any options to choose from and why: I'm thinking about 1 TM box and 1 CoL(when it comes out) or 2 of one of them, or maybe another set. The Rhyperior X tin or the Garchomp C x tin.

scizorlicious

Now with one fewer 's'

@Gengar master:
I would not buy CoL. It has just awful cards, and only a couple useful ones (Lost World, PONT, Smeargle, and... energy).
You should buy either 2 Triumphant boxes or 1 Triumphant and 1 HGSS box. HGSS has by far the most useful Uncommons, and Triumphant has the best Super-Rares (Mew Prime, Gengar Prime, etc).

Gengar master

shiny Pokémon bait
Advanced Member

Actully if I were to get CoL it has good trade bait. Shiny's for the collectors out there.
CoL=
Smeargle, Ninetails, Tangrowth, Lost Remover, Lost World, PONT, Umbreon, Pachi, Slowking, Mr.Mime, mime jr, zangosse, Research record, Copy cat and the energy
If you think about it it's not that bad

The Yoshi

Wumbo

But its not really worth a booster box. I could buy a booster box of HGSS Base Set and probably be able to make a deck out of the cards I pull(not a complete deck, something like Jumpluff, then get the others), if I had the money to get one. :) I would get a HGSS booster box and a tin. Ik its less than your budget, but spend the rest on clothes or something productive. :)

thefleeee

Uber N00b

@Gengar Master go for Triumphant because of the great primes such as Gengar and Mew in the set which serve as excellent "trade bait" and you could also get some stuff for a deck as well

CarlosDuranJr

Carlitosbob

Price Range: up to $120 after taxes/shipping
What you are thinking of buying: booster box
Any options to choose from and why (Optional): anything current, would like some more options for states/nationals and possibly next year. so I guess either MD, or RR-on. (not MD on, since I want a leafeon X to trade off, and glaceon X to use)