Help The "What Should I Buy?" Thread

RE: The "What Should I Buy?" Thread

^You should get Delta Species, Power Keepers is an EX over-loaded reprint set. Delta is also older, and the holos are much more cooler. And, if you're like me, you like Eeveelution EX's.

@Whimsical Box, go with the two HGSS Collection boxes, you'll get four HGSS packs which probably will land you a good staple or two. Two more packs don't mean anything if they are just SV packs or something like that series. :D Hope this helped!

My Target got these random Blisters with 3 packs saw assortments of

X 2 Legends Awakened
X 2 Supreme Victors
X 4 Platnium
X 2 Rising Rivals

They ahd around 3 of those blisters left?

Looking to spend $30-$40 worth it?3 htg packs with good cards for $10 sounds good to me?

I have another questions:
What should I buy - EX Delta Species OR EX Crystal Guardains?

BTW, someone knows what happened to ideal808? They don't have Pokemon cards anymore...

^I'd go for DS (for Kanto-veelutions Ex & Shiny Beasts (original ones)).
As for ideal808, they only deal in YGO/MTG now.

There are no Shiny Beasts in Delta Species...
Unless you mean Groudon & Kyogre.

^Oops, sorry about that. Yeah, I ment to say those two.

I see that you told me to choose DS because of the eveelutions...
But I'm not so interested in eveelutions, and I'm more interested in EX's.
So what should I buy? Delta Species, Power Keepers or Crystal Guardians?

^Go with Crystal Gaurdians. It has ten EX's and two Star (*) Pokemon featuring Alakazam and Celebi.

PLance: Ok, if you don't want Eeveelutions but you want Ex's....go for PK then.
Yes, it's mostly reprints. But, the Stars are the Kanto-Veelutions (I only need Umbreon *-but he's in POP5).

Well, I bought the Crystal Guardians booster box, and I'm happy with this choice :]
Thank you for helping me.

I have two choices in my mind.

buying a ursaring prime exeggutor LA disruption deck (buying the single cards), i saw an article about it at 6 prizes that had donphan as main attacker but i cant get a donphan prime (plus its a bit pricy compared to ursaring). It a rogue deck i heard it had a success somewhere and wanna try it out. Plus's are that i prefer rogue decks and love disruption locking decks. Cons LA probably will be leaving us soon and deck may not work out. Also how good is ursaring prime worth having in the long run.

another rogue-ish deck is leafeon UD, of course its not too good of a deck but its a cheaper and been wanting to try it out PLUS's i get the sunflora from HGSS thats good for grass decks which i dont have CON not too much of a good deck but i like grass types.

I know there both iffy decks but i like that kind.

thanks...

I'm a begginer..

Price Range: $80-100
What are you thinking of buying: Booster Box
Any options to choose from and why: I'm a newbie at this game, so idk. Just something competitive

@123wert50, buy a HeartGold and SoulSilver box, it will get you most of the good staples. You should also buy a Triumphant themedeck to get you started.

price range: under 120
what i'm thinking of buying: a modified box

i know i'm considering a pt box at the moment. but i'm leaning towards hgss, ul, or tm. i've already gotten a box of each, just wondering what your opinions are on each of the modified legal boxes there are atm and how worth it they are

^Personaly, I'd wait to Clash of the Legends is out...then get a box.

^If you mean Call of Legends, then I would agree. A mostly reprint set with Lost World and some cool-looking shinies? I'm game. In my opinion, I would strongly advise against getting a Triumphant box, as there are a LOT of bad cards in that set. I opened 5 packs in a row in my box where there was literally nothing of any value. I barely managed to break even, but the box was $75 so it was already a bit cheaper than normal. Go with PL; it has the most playable uncommons of pretty much any set (except for HGSS) in format. I would say first choice PL, second HGSS, third TM, and fourth UL (what do you even want from UL??).

Which set to get?

My birthday is coming up and I can chose one booster box to get. If I have every card I need, which would be the best series to go with?

RE: Which set to get?

I'd go with Triumphant since it has Gengar Prime (the biggie), Mew Prime, Machamp Prime, and some nice trainers/supporters. Platinum is going to get rotated, and although HGSS is a nice base set, in reality it only has 1 good Prime and a couple of good trainers/supporters

I agree; in addition to the nice Primes in the set (Absol being one of note that DPT didn't mention), it's got Rescue Energy, Seeker, Junk Arm, and Twins, all of which are highly sought-after cards, because they go well in virtually every deck. And for anyone looking for Gengar components, it features a very nice Haunter with zero retreat cost.

Yea, I was debating that or Call of Legends, because I know Lost World is gonna be in high demand

Back