Fun The Theme Deck Faking Thread

RisingRaichuu

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Hey guys, this thread is about something I've started doing recently when I'm bored of PTCGO games-theme deck faking! The idea of this is that you create fake theme decks from certain sets that utilize types/mechanics that didn't appear in the actual theme decks from those sets! Here's how to do it:
1. Choose a set. (Preferably one that has good Trainers/mechanics/cards that you'd like to build a theme deck around)
2. Choose 1-2 types that haven't been covered in the actual theme decks from the set (eg. if you were doing Sun and Moon you could choose Psychic, Dark, Metal or Fairy).
3. Find the main evolution lines from that type (eg. if you decided to do Psychic you would be looking at Crobat, Hypno, Toxapex and Alolan Muk) and choose a few of them to put in. I think that for Stage 1s a 3-2 line works best and for Stage 2s a 4-3-2 or 3-2-1 line works best.
4. Add in some general Basic attackers both from your type(s) and Normal type (since that type appears in pretty much every theme deck). Eg. if I was doing Sun and Moon I would be looking at Spinda and Oranguru, perhaps. If you want you could also add in a couple of Normal type evolution lines.
5. Add in about 20 Energy split fairly evenly among your chosen types. (This number is found in most theme decks) (also, NO SPECIAL ENERGY!!!)
6. Fill your remaining spots with Trainers from your chosen set, and some other good ones from other sets (eg. Professor Kukui, Switch).
7. Give your deck a cool name. (The most important step)

Below is a list of the theme decks I have created, their lists are in spoilers:
Pokemon:25
4 Zubat
3 Golbat
2 Crobat
3 Drowzee
2 Hypno
3 Alolan Grimer
2 Alolan Muk
3 Mareanie
2 Toxapex
1 Kangaskhan

Trainers:15
1 Professor Kukui
1 Hau
1 Lillie
1 Ilima

1 Ultra Ball
1 Nest Ball
1 Timer Ball
1 Poke Ball
1 Big Malasada
1 Potion
1 Switch
1 Energy Retrieval

Energy:20
20 Psychic

Catch your opponent out using the power of the Moone in the new Pokemon TCG: Sun and Moon expansion! Use sneaky Pokemon such as Crobat to give your opponent a shock and then drench them in poison with Alolan Mux and Toxapex! Add in the power of hypnosis with Hypno to really catch your opponent off guard!
4 Dratini
3 Dragonair
2 Dragonite (Max Wind)
1 Dragonite (Wrapped in Wind)
3 Togepi
2 Togetic
2 Togekiss (Serene Grace)
2 Electrike
2 Manectric
1 Zapdos
1 Tropius
1 Carbink
1 Klefki

2 Steven
2 Wally

2 Ultra Ball
2 Trainers' Mail
2 Switch
2 Healing Scarf
1 Revive

2 Sky Field

7 Grass
7 Lightning
6 Fairy

Use the grace of Togekiss to set up the might that is Dragonite! Let the mythical powers of Fairy and Dragon combine to devastate your opponent! Add in the mythical bird that is Zapdos, the Lightning shocks of Manectric and the secretive Fairy Pokemon Carbink and Klefki to unleash the mythical powers of the universe to your advantage!
Pokemon:24
3 Chespin
2 Quilladin
1 Chesnaught
3 Weedle
2 Kakuna
1 Beedrill
3 Pansage
2 Simisage
3 Ledyba
2 Ledian
1 Tauros

Trainers:16
2 Shauna
1 Professor Sycamore
1 Team Flare Grunt

2 Professor's Letter
2 Great Ball
2 Roller Skates
1 Evosoda
1 Hard Charm
1 Muscle Band
1 Super Potion
1 Red Card
1 Max Revive

20 Grass

Leave your opponent tied up in knots with the Spiky Shield theme deck! Protect yourself with Chesnaught's Spiky Shield ability while you sting them from behind with Beedrill! Add in the fearsome powers of Simisage and Ledian and you'll shoot ahead in the Prize trade!
3 Vanillite
2 Vanillish
1 Vanilluxe
3 Snorunt
2 Glalie
3 Carvanha
2 Sharpedo
3 Alolan Sandshrew
2 Alolan Sandslash
1 Alomomola
1 Delibird
1 Rayquaza
1 Komala

2 Hala
2 Mallow
1 Professor Sycamore

2 Aqua Patch
2 Energy Loto
1 Field Blower
1 Energy Recycler
1 Rescue Stretcher
1 Max Potion

2 Brooklet Hill

20 Water

Make your Water Pokemon super powerful with the Aqua Patch theme deck! Use the all-new Aqua Patch Item card to accelerate energy onto your Water Pokemon, then blast them with Vanilluxe and Glalie and bite them with Sharpedo! Add in another few attackers to use and your opponent will struggle to keep their head above water!
Pokemon: 25
4 Gastly
3 Haunter
2 Gengar
3 Elgyem
2 Beeheyeem
3 Woobat
2 Swoobat
2 Ralts
1 Kirlia
1 Wobbuffet
1 Cresselia
1 Snorlax

Trainers: 15
2 Jusge
2 Skyla
2 Brigette
1 Fisherman
1 Giovanni's Scheme

1 Reserved Ticket
1 Professor's Letter
1 Super Rod
1 Buddy-Buddy Rescue
1 Float Stone
1 Assault Vest

1 Parallel City

20 Psychic

BREAKthrough with the Pokemon TCG: Psychic BREAK theme deck! Use powerful attackers such as Wobbuffet, Cresselia and Snorlax to cripple your opponent, and then unleash the ghoulish powers of Gengar's creep show attack! With the echoes of Swoobat and the mental powers of Beeheyeem on your side,your opponent will be in for a real Psychic headache!
4 Gible
3 Gabite
2 Garchomp
3 Growlithe
2 Arcanine
3 Numel
2 Camerupt
2 Pancham (because why not)
1 Heatmor
1 Dunsparce
1 Furfrou
1 Sudowoodo

2 Tierno
1 Professor Sycamore
1 Misty's Determination
1 Delinquent

2 Great Ball
2 Puzzle of Time
2 Bursting Balloon
1 Pokemon Catcher
1 Potion
1 Fighting Fury Belt
1 Max Elixir

11 Fire
9 Fighting

Start fires underground with the Sand Flare theme deck! Light up the fire with Arcanine and Camerupt, then strike with the fearsome dragon that is Garchomp! Support your attacks with Heatmor, Dunsparce, Furfrou and Sudowoodo and your opponent will struggle to put your attack out!
Pokemon:28
4 Nidoran Female
3 Nidorina
2 Nidoqueen (non Ancient Trait)
3 Tynamo
2 Eelektrik
2 Eelektross
3 Staryu
2 Starmie
2 Chinchou
1 Lanturn
2 Tentacool (non Ancient Trait)
1 Tentacruel
1 Spinda
1 Electrike

Trainers:14
2 Professor Birch's Observations
1 Professor Sycamore
1 Teammates

2 Acro Bike
1 Exp. Share
1 Weakness Policy
1 Escape Rope
1 Energy Retrieval
1 Rare Candy
1 Fresh Water Set

2 Rough Seas

Energy:18
7 Lightning
7 Psychic
4 Water

Squirm through your opponent's defences with the Eel Queen theme deck! Jab your opponent with the poisons of Nidoqueen, then electrocute them with Eelektross! With Tentacruel, Lanturn and Starmie shocking your opponent with poison, your opponent won't find you easy to beat!
This thread is a chance for you guys to make your own theme decks and post the lists in replies to this thread. Every week I will choose the best theme deck someone has created and put it below in my "Theme Deck Hall of Fame" with a credit to the user.
Theme Deck Hall of Fame:
Steel Forest Theme Deck (Ultra Prism)
Pokemon: 24
Yanma x2
Yanmega x1
Turtwig x3
Grotle x3
Torterra x2
Heatran x1
Alolan Digglet x3
Alolan Dugtrio x2
Mangnemite (80) x2
Magneton x2
Shaymin x2
Drampa x1
Cynthia x2
Escape Board x1
Gardenia x2
Lillie x2
Mars x1
Looker x1
Mt. Coronet x2
Pokemon Fan Club x1
Order pad x2
Pal Pad x2
Energy: 20
Grass x11
Metal x9
Credit to creator: @Professor_jplap
2 x Goodra (1 Cracked Ice, 1 non-holo)
3 x Sliggoo
3 x Goomy
1 x Alolan Sandslash
3 x Alolan Sandshrew
2 x Clefable
2 x Clefairy
2 x Bewear
3 x Stufful
2 x Alolan Vulpix
1 x Drampa

2 x Big Malasada
1 x Energy Retrieval
2 x Exp. Share
3 x Hau
2 x Lillie
2 x Mallow
3 x Nest Ball
1 x Rescue Stretcher
2 x Ultra Ball

10 x Water Energy
8 x Fairy Energy
Credit to creator: @RiverShock
****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 24

* 1 Minun SLG 34
* 2 Pikachu SLG 28
* 1 Plusle SLG 33
* 1 Raikou SLG 32
* 2 Voltorb SLG 30
* 2 Electrode SLG 31
* 2 Buizel SLG 22
* 1 Keldeo SLG 26
* 1 Manaphy SLG 25
* 2 Palkia SLG 24
* 2 Qwilfish SLG 21
* 3 Totodile SLG 18
* 2 Croconaw SLG 19
* 1 Floatzel SLG 23
* 1 Feraligatr SLG 20

##Trainer Cards - 13

* 2 Hau SLG 61
* 2 Great Ball SLG 60
* 1 Damage Mover SLG 58
* 1 Super Scoop Up SLG 66
* 1 Lillie SLG 62
* 1 Pokémon Breeder SLG 63
* 2 Sophocles SLG 65
* 1 Switch SLG 67
* 1 Ultra Ball SLG 68
* 1 Nest Ball SUM 123

##Energy - 23

* 14 Water Energy 3
* 9 Lightning Energy 4

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******
Credit to creator: @bunnybird12
Thanks to popular demand, here is also the Description Hall of Fame:
Leave the opponent with the chills using the Frozen Tomb theme deck. While Shuppet catches them sleeping on the job, Spritomb and Wailmer spread their damage to more than just one Pokemon! Then when Mamoswine brews up a snowstorm, not even the bench is safe. Golduck's healing makes sure you always have someone to fall back on, and Kangaskhan can come in at any moment for massive damage! Couple this with powerful trainers that will make you stronger when a Pokemon is knocked out, and Frozen Tomb is a Cold that you can't stop from spreading.
Credit to creator: @Shfinx
Mars is a passionate and hot-headed trainer, whose devious plans will leave you and your Pokemon empty handed if you are not careful. Keep an eye on her crafty Purugly, who could swat away your cards in one attack; and watch out for her Bronzong, who will paralyze you in your tracks with it's quick Psy-Bolt! Fight for the world against one of Team Galactic's Commanders, and save the day in the Pokemon Trading Card Game!
The elements combine to conjure a vicious storm! The Storm Blade theme deck will barrage your foes as the elements combine. Palkia's Aqua Blade will bring a downpour of destruction on your opponent combined with Raikou's Electric Ball! Feraligatr causes a big splash while Manaphy keeps your pokemon fighting! With the power of a tempest, the Storm Blade theme deck is sure to wash away those you face.
Credit to creator: @bunnybird12
If you have any concerns about this thread, feel free to ask! Now then guys, GET FAKING!!! :) :) :)
**NOTE: Deck descriptions are now active!**

Last edited:

RisingRaichuu

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
The deadline for Week 1 is Saturday 1st March at midnight PST (since that's the standard PokeBeach time zone). I'll post the winning deck as soon as possible! :)

Shfinx

Meta Slave btw
This looks fun. I made one for HS Triumphant, based off of Spritomb and Mamoswine.
Pokemon: 29
4xSwinub TM
3xPiloswine TM
2xMamoswine TM
2xGhastly TM
2xHaunter TM
2xSpritomb TM
1xKangaskhan TM
2xPsyduck TM
1xGolduck TM
3xShuppet TM
1xBanette TM
2xWailmer TM
2xLuvdisc TM
2xSpoink TM

Trainers: 9
2xEngineer's Adjustments UD
2xBill HS
1x Twins TM
1xInterviewer's Questions UD

2xPokeball HS
1xLife Herb UD

Energy: 22
14xMater Energy
8xPsyhic Energy
I thought it might be fun to write one of those descriptions that really over-hypes the deck, so here goes:

Leave the opponent with the chills using the Frozen Tomb theme deck. While Shuppet catches them sleeping on the job, Spritomb and Wailmer spread their damage to more than just one Pokemon! Then when Mamoswine brews up a snowstorm, not even the bench is safe. Golduck's healing makes sure you always have someone to fall back on, and Kangaskhan can come in at any moment for massive damage! Couple this with powerful trainers that will make you stronger when a Pokemon is knocked out, and Frozen Tomb is a Cold that you can't stop from spreading.

That was actually kinda fun. Thanks for the idea!

Andy Sheppard

Fire Pokemon Afficiando
Advanced Member
I'll join in as well. I made mine out of XY Evolutions, based off of Charizard and Dewgong.
Pokémon - 23

3 Charmander EVO 9
1 Magmar EVO 20
2 Ponyta EVO 19
2 Vulpix EVO 14
2 Charmeleon EVO 10
1 Ninetales EVO 15
2 Charizard EVO 11
2 Poliwag EVO 23
2 Seel EVO 28
2 Staryu EVO 30
1 Dewgong EVO 29
2 Poliwhirl EVO 24
1 Starmie EVO 31

Trainer Cards - 17

2 Energy Retrieval EVO 77
3 Tierno BKP 112
1 Revive EVO 85
1 Super Potion EVO 87
1 Switch EVO 88
1 Professor Oak's Hint EVO 84
1 Evosoda GEN 62
1 Pokémon Center Lady GEN 68
1 Blacksmith FLF 88
1 Pokémon Fan Club FCO 107
2 Rare Candy PRC 135
1 Pokémon Ranger STS 104
1 Shauna FCO 111

Energy - 20

8 Water Energy
12 Fire Energy

Bring the heat with Charizard! Burn down your foe with this powerful Pokemon, or douse it with Dewgong! Add the blistering heat of Ninetales, and you're on your way to victory!

IronCow Tom

Aspiring Trainer
Here's mine: DarkRaichu! (For Burning Shadows)

Pokémon: 24

3 Pikachu
2 Raichu (One is shatter holo)
1 Togedemaru
3 Tynamo
3 Eelektrik
2 Eelektross
2 Darkrai
3 Inkay
2 Malamar
1 Zygarde
1 Bouffalant

Trainers: 19

1 Aether Paradise Conservation Area

3 Wicke
1 Prof. Sycamore
2 Guzma
2 Plumeria
1 Tormenting Spray
2 Devolution Spray
1 Weakness Policy
1 Bodybuilding Dumbbells
1 Escape Rope
1 Energy Loto
2 Great Ball
1 Ultra Ball

Energy: 18

7 Electric Energy
8 Dark Energy
2 Fairy Energy

Shock your opponents with this electrifying deck! Send your opponents to sleep with Darkrai, leaving them vulnerable to shock them awake with Raichu! Eelektross stands their own, as Malamar supplies energy to your team. Finish this off with the massive Zygarde, and your opponent will have sleepless nights to come!

RisingRaichuu

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Cool! Great work,guys! If I get time tomorrow I'll sort out some descriptions for my decks.

signofzeta

Aspiring Trainer
I tried one for ex Dragon Frontiers, but there weren't enough regular rares to follow up with how the 2 actual ex Dragon Frontiers theme decks were built.

I am going to attempt a third theme deck for Plasma Freeze. The types will be Fire and Darkness, you know, to keep with the whole Eevee theme. This theme deck is basically Fire and Darkness, while following the same template as that of Psy Crusher and Frost Ray.

2 Umbreon, 1 cracked ice holo, one non-holo
2 Flareon
4 Eevee, either one, but all must be the same
1 Krookodile
2 Krokorok
3 Sandile
1 Weavile
2 Sneasel
3 Bisharp, one rare, 2 uncommon
4 Pawniard, 2 of each kind
2 Lampent
2 Litwick
2 Miltank

2 Team Plasma Ball
1 Team Plasma Grunt
1 Shadow Triad
2 Energy Search
2 Energy Retrieval
2 Pokemon Communication
1 Potion
1 Superior Energy Retrieval

12 Darkness energy
6 Fire energy

The name has to be as cool as Psy Crusher and Frost Ray. I call this deck Shadow Blaze. Crap, it's already taken. Um, uh, aw heck, I'll just call it the Washington Redskins.

Last edited:

Professor_jplap

Aspiring Trainer
Interesting...

Steel Forest Theme Deck (Ultra Prism)
Pokemon: 24
  • Yanma x2
  • Yanmega x1
  • Turtwig x3
  • Grotle x3
  • Torterra x2
  • Heatran x1
  • Alolan Digglet x3
  • Alolan Dugtrio x2
  • Mangnemite (80) x2
  • Magneton x2
  • Shaymin x2
  • Drampa x1
  • Cynthia x2
  • Escape Board x1
  • Gardenia x2
  • Lillie x2
  • Mars x1
  • Looker x1
  • Mt. Coronet x2
  • Pokemon Fan Club x1
  • Order pad x2
  • Pal Pad x2
Energy: 20
  • Grass x11
  • Metal x9
Here it comes! Take control of the Steel Forest Theme Deck! With the Gigantic Earthquake of Torrtera, and the mighty wisdom of Drampa, your opponent will be overwhelmed by your Pokemon! Round 'em up with the power of Metal, and take your opponent's Pokemon down with the hefty might of Grass type Pokemon. All in the Steel Forest Theme Deck!

RisingRaichuu

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
By the way guys, considering how funny some of the descriptions I've seen recently are, what are your thoughts in adding in a "Description Hall of Fame" as well as a "Deck Hall of Fame"? I think it would be a good idea!
NOTE: Updating with a new deck shortly
NOTE 2: 48 hours left until Week 1 ends!

Shfinx

Meta Slave btw
By the way guys, considering how funny some of the descriptions I've seen recently are, what are your thoughts in adding in a "Description Hall of Fame" as well as a "Deck Hall of Fame"? I think it would be a good idea!
NOTE: Updating with a new deck shortly
NOTE 2: 48 hours left until Week 1 ends!
That sounds like a great idea. This whole thing was a really good idea.

Who would of thought that sitting around coming up with bad deck lists and cheesy descriptions would be so fun?

RisingRaichuu

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
OK, guys, it's here! Week 1 results are here!
Honourable mentions: @IronCow Tom's DarkRaichu deck might have scooped the award had it not been for it having 61 cards in it. A few of you had also had slightly unrealistic Pokemon lines.
So, the Best Deck award for Week 1 goes to @Professor_jplap's Steel Forest deck! This is mainly because it looked really realistic, and actually looks like it could exist in real life!
The Best Description award for Week 1 goes to @Shfinx's Frozen Tomb deck! This is because it looked really cheesy but also realistic as well!
I will update the original post shortly.

IronCow Tom

Aspiring Trainer
OK, guys, it's here! Week 1 results are here!
Honourable mentions: @IronCow Tom's DarkRaichu deck might have scooped the award had it not been for it having 61 cards in it. A few of you had also had slightly unrealistic Pokemon lines.
So, the Best Deck award for Week 1 goes to @Professor_jplap's Steel Forest deck! This is mainly because it looked really realistic, and actually looks like it could exist in real life!
The Best Description award for Week 1 goes to @Shfinx's Frozen Tomb deck! This is because it looked really cheesy but also realistic as well!
I will update the original post shortly.

Wha! I miscounted? That's upsetting. Like really sad. Take out an electric energy. Please? Can there be a list for honourable mentions? (You don't have to. I'm just annoyed I miscounted.

RisingRaichuu

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Maybe. Or you can just see them in the chat. The deadline for next week's entries is Saturday 10th March at midnight PST.

Mr_Lockehart

Aspiring Trainer
Hey there! Just found this thread, and although my deck wont be valid, I'd still like to share what me and my brother do for fun! We pick a theme or a trainer and make a theme deck based around that thing. So for instance, recently I picked Ilima and made a deck around him. We include 1 GX Pokemon just because I feel like its sad that theme decks don't teach kids how to use the GX mechanic, and would want to change that if we could design them ourselves (though this could be substituted for a normal Gumshoos, it kinda hurts the theme synergy). It might actually make theme decks worth buying too if it came with a GX! So here's my list: Pokemon Island Trial Series: Ilima's Challenge!

##Pokémon - 20

* 4 Buneary UPR 106
* 4 Lopunny UPR 107
* 2 Oranguru SUM 113
* 2 Spinda SUM 102
* 4 Yungoos SUM 109
* 3 Gumshoos UPR 113
* 1 Gumshoos-GX SUM 145

##Trainer Cards - 20

* 4 Ilima SUM 121
* 2 Bodybuilding Dumbbells BUS 113
* 2 Professor Kukui SUM 128
* 2 Lillie UPR 125
* 1 Pokémon Fan Club UPR 133
* 2 Timer Ball SUM 134
* 2 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 2 Nest Ball SUM 123
* 1 Field Blower GRI 125
* 2 Escape Board UPR 122

##Energy - 20

* 5 Fire Energy
* 5 Grass Energy
* 5 Lightning Energy
* 5 Metal Energy

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

The Island Challenge is your Pokemon Journey to become a stronger trainer! On this rite of passage, you will encounter strong Trial Captains that will test you and your Pokemon's might. As the first trial captain you will meet, Ilima will put your Pokemon knowledge to the test. Known as "The Prince of Trainer's School", this talented individual will use his strong Normal-typed Pokemon, and cunning strategy to outsmart your team! Make sure you study hard before you even think of facing his challenge!

I tried to keep to the "inconsistency" of theme decks by using the 20/20/20 split, and having no more than 2x of any trainer (besides Ilima for the theme) Its a fun deck to use and I think it's a neat idea to put one GX in these decks just like a Totem Pokemon. Anyways, thanks for checking out this deck, hope you guys like my list!

RisingRaichuu

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Consaidering we have no valid decks this week, I'm rolling the challenge over a week to next week! So the new deadline for Week 2 is Saturday 17th March at Midnight PST. When I get time tomorrow I will upload my Primal Clash theme deck featuring Eelektross and Nidoking (spoiler alert!).

RiverShock

Aspiring Trainer
Let's see if I can pull off one from each Sun/Moon set... I won't do descriptions since I'm not super-creative in that way, but I'll at least try to come up with decent names...

Alolan Eclipse (Sun & Moon)
2 x Krookodile (1 Cracked Ice, 1 non-holo)
3 x Krokorok
3 x Sandile
3 x Alolan Raticate
3 x Alolan Rattata
2 x Alolan Persian
2 x Alolan Meowth
1 x Kangaskhan
1 x Stoutland
2 x Herdier
2 x Lillipup

3 x Hau
2 x Illima
3 x Nest Ball
2 x Pokemon Catcher
2 x Professor Kukui
1 x Rare Candy
2 x Switch
1 x Team Skull Grunt
2 x Timer Ball

18 x Darkness Energy

Gooey Slush (Guardians Rising)
2 x Goodra (1 Cracked Ice, 1 non-holo)
3 x Sliggoo
3 x Goomy
1 x Alolan Sandslash
3 x Alolan Sandshrew
2 x Clefable
2 x Clefairy
2 x Bewear
3 x Stufful
2 x Alolan Vulpix
1 x Drampa

2 x Big Malasada
1 x Energy Retrieval
2 x Exp. Share
3 x Hau
2 x Lillie
2 x Mallow
3 x Nest Ball
1 x Rescue Stretcher
2 x Ultra Ball

10 x Water Energy
8 x Fairy Energy

Thundering Pixies (Burning Shadows)
2 x Raichu (1 Cracked Ice, 1 non-holo)
3 x Pikachu
2 x Electivire
3 x Electabuzz
2 x Ribombee
3 x Cutiefly
2 x Noctowl
3 x Hoothoot
3 x Togedemaru
1 x Diancie

1 x Acerola
2 x Escape Rope
3 x Hau
1 x Mount Lanakila
3 x Nest Ball
2 x Sophocles
1 x Super Scoop Up
2 x Ultra Ball
2 x Wicke
1 x Wishful Baton

14 x Lightning Energy
4 x Fairy Energy

Trial by Fire (Crimson Invasion)
2 x Alolan Marowak (1 Cracked Ice, 1 non-holo)
3 x Cubone
2 x Camerupt
3 x Numel
2 x Simisear (Burning Shadows)
3 x Pansear (Burning Shadows)
2 x Diggersby
3 x Bunnelby
1 x Oricorio (Baile Style, Guardians Rising)
3 x Mawile

1 x Altar of the Sunne
1 x Counter Catcher
2 x Energy Switch
1 x Gladion
3 x Hau
2 x Kiawe
3 x Nest Ball
1 x Rescue Stretcher
2 x Sophocles
2 x Ultra Ball

18 x Fire Energy

Tropical Bombardment (Ultra Prism)
2 x Alolan Exeggutor (1 Cracked Ice, 1 non-holo)
3 x Exeggcute
2 x Cherrim
3 x Cherubi
2 x Simisage (Burning Shadows)
3 x Pansage (Burning Shadows)
2 x Alolan Sandslash (I included this here primarily for its first attack, the goal of all the non-Exeggutor Pokemon is cheap attacks while you build up a big Exeggutor)
3 x Alolan Sandshrew
3 x Carnivine
1 x Rayquaza (Guardians Rising)

1 x Energy Retrieval
2 x Energy Switch
2 x Exp. Share
1 x Gardenia
2 x Lillie
3 x Looker
2 x Mars
3 x Nest Ball
2 x Timer Ball

14 x Grass Energy
4 x Water Energy

Not that it should count, but I'm going to do this anyway...

Burning Shadows (Yeah, a Shining Legends deck. Couldn't resist the name. I know there's more rares than typical, but given Shining Legends' focus on legendaries, I thought it appropriate to go a little beyond the norm since there's literally 1 non-Rare SM-on legendary, and it's a Manaphy that came out after Shining Legends did)
2 x Reshiram (1 Cracked Ice, 1 non-holo)
2 x Volcarona
3 x Larvesta
2 x Incineroar
3 x Torracat
3 x Litten
2 x Torkoal
3 x Spiritomb
1 x Darkrai (Burning Shadows)
1 x Yveltal
1 x Hoopa
1 x Rayquaza (Guardians Rising)

3 x Damage Mover
3 x Hau
3 x Nest Ball
2 x Pokemon Breeder
2 x Po Town
2 x Sophocles
1 x Switch
2 x Ultra Ball

12 x Fire Energy
6 x Darkness Energy

And a few more bonus ones because why not:

Raging Brushfire (Evolutions. Wonder if you can tell my inspiration, lol. I went all in on this, and quite like how it turned out.)
2 x Ninetales (1 Cracked Ice, 1 non-holo)
3 x Vulpix
2 x Arcanine
3 x Growlithe
2 x Charmeleon
3 x Charmander
2 x Ponyta
2 x Magmar
3 x Tangela

1 x Crushing Hammer
2 x Energy Retrieval
3 x Lass's Special
1 x Misty's Determination
2 x Poke Ball
1 x Pokemon Catcher
3 x Potion
2 x Professor Oak's Hint
1 x Switch

14 x Fire Energy
8 x Grass Energy

Zap!! (Evolutions. Note the second exclamation mark. :p This one didn't turn out nearly as well, but it was unavoidable, and given the actual Evolutions Theme Deck choices, felt this was necessary anyway.)
2 x Mewtwo (1 Cracked Ice, 1 non-holo)
2 x Raichu
4 x Pikachu
3 x Magnemite
2 x Haunter
4 x Gastly
2 x Jynx (Generations)
3 x Porygon

1 x Brock's Grit
2 x Pokemon Catcher
2 x Potion
3 x Professor Oak's Hint
2 x Super Potion
2 x Switch
2 x Tierno
2 x Ultra Ball

12 x Psychic Energy
10 x Lightning Energy

Imperial Frost (Diamond & Pe... Er, Ultra Prism. Obviously not intended to be serious, just amused me that it could be done.)
2 x Empoleon (1 Cracked Ice, 1 non-holo)
2 x Prinplup
4 x Piplup
2 x Floatzel
4 x Buizel
2 x Magneton
4 x Magnemite (Solid Unit)
2 x Noctowl (Burning Shadows)
4 x Hoothoot (Burning Shadows)

2 x Energy Loto
2 x Energy Switch
1 x Full Heal
3 x Hau
2 x Potion
2 x Professor Kukui

16 x Water Energy
6 x Metal Energy

Mr_Lockehart

Aspiring Trainer
Hey! I decided to make another trainer theme deck, but this time one that counts because no GX :) So here is my deck! Introducing:

Team Galactic Commander Series: Mars
!

"I'm one of Team Galactic's three Commanders. We've been trying to create a new world that's better than this one... But people have shown little understanding about what we do. You don't understand either, do you? It's a little saddening... So, let's have a battle to decide what we should do next. If I win, you leave. If you win, we, Team Galactic, will leave!"

Mars is a passionate and hot-headed trainer, whose devious plans will leave you and your Pokemon empty handed if you are not careful. Keep an eye on her crafty Purugly, who could swat away your cards in one attack; and watch out for her Bronzong, who will paralyze you in your tracks with it's quick Psy-Bolt! Fight for the world against one of Team Galactic's Commanders, and save the day in the Pokemon Trading Card Game!

##Pokémon - 20

* 3 Glameow UPR 108
* 3 Purugly UPR 109
* 1 Oranguru SUM 113
* 3 Bronzor UPR 86
* 3 Bronzong UPR 87
* 1 Magearna UPR 91
* 2 Magnemite UPR 80
* 2 Magneton UPR 82
* 2 Magnezone UPR 83

##Trainer Cards - 20

* 4 Mars UPR 128
* 2 Escape Board UPR 122
* 1 Lusamine CIN 96
* 2 Exp. Share SUM 118
* 2 Lillie UPR 125
* 2 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 2 Timer Ball SUM 134
* 2 Mt. Coronet UPR 130
* 1 Pokémon Fan Club UPR 133
* 2 Cynthia UPR 119

##Energy - 20

* 20 Metal Energy 8

Total Cards - 60

I tried to focus on two of her main Pokemon in the series of Purugly and Bronzong with the cards from Ultra Prism. I threw in the Magnezone to keep with the steel theme and work well well with the Mt. Coronets you can discard with Purugly's second attack.