Discussion The Shiny Hunting Thread

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
I would recommend hunting the Pa'u or Pom-Pom style and use Red Nectar on it since the Oricorio's on Ula Ula know Roost and Teeter Dance which make chaining a nightmare
You know, ate not a bad idea. False Swipe would be able to actually knock those ones down to 1HP. I haven't started hunting it yet, but that's a good idea. I'll hunt the Pa'u version, since I'm not aware of any Pink Nectar.

thegrovylekid

Makes fake cards
You know, ate not a bad idea. False Swipe would be able to actually knock those ones down to 1HP. I haven't started hunting it yet, but that's a good idea. I'll hunt the Pa'u version, since I'm not aware of any Pink Nectar.
You know the flowers in royal avenue with the Poké Finder spot with the Pa'u Oricorio? Those flowers give nectar during the day only.

TheRealBro..

Finally got it, the shiny stufful, does it come with a Timid nature... Sigh. Still happy though! Gotta love every result after so much grinding.

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant
I randomly bumped into a Shiny Alolan Rattata whilst travelling on an early route (I was going back from catching Buzzwole to Anabel/Looker) which was unexpected and rather pleasing. Even though I forgot to have a False Swiper on me (tbh I don't actually have one... I should probably rectify that) it only took one Quick Ball to catch. I'll try and get pics up later.

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
I FINALLY got my shiny Crabrawler, after completing the PokéDex and getting the Shiny Charm!
About 100 Crabrawlers in my Milk finally came, and I caught him in a Beast Ball! :D

milk_by_steffenka-daqmobb.jpg

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
Caught Shiny Pa'u Oricorio after a while. 472 encounters into it. I also traded a garbage Turtonator I had for a Shiny Fomantis on the GTS. Shiny Alolan Vulpix is next on the hunt.

TheRealBro..

I FINALLY got my shiny Crabrawler, after completing the PokéDex and getting the Shiny Charm!
About 100 Crabrawlers in my Milk finally came, and I caught him in a Beast Ball! :D

The Shiny Charm only comes after catching every single pokemon in the dex no? Seems like a lot of trouble, or am I not seeing something..

Anyway, love the new (semi) reliable Shiny hunting tactics! Cought my shiny Exeggcute today after only 80 SOS calls. Not too shabby!

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
The Shiny Charm only comes after catching every single pokemon in the dex no? Seems like a lot of trouble, or am I not seeing something..
You don't necessarily have to catch all Pokémon, you just have to them registered in your dex. Whether you catch them or trade for them don't matter.
Anyway, currently going for Bounsweet, I need my shiny Zarina!

Edit: Aand I got it after ~200 fainted Bounsweets! :D

Last edited:

TheRealBro..

You don't necessarily have to catch all Pokémon, you just have to them registered in your dex. Whether you catch them or trade for them don't matter.
Anyway, currently going for Bounsweet, I need my shiny Zarina!

Hm, that makes it easier indeed. Maybe I'll go for it as well when my shiny luck starts running out (hopefully not) ;)

It's getting pretty addicting with results like this. Good luck on the Bounsweet!

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
See, I'm a subscriber of this dude named Sacred. He gives out shiny 6IV Pokémon in hordes of 2 boxes. I was lucky enough to get a Shiny Mareanie in tonight's giveaway. I feel like the luckiest girl alive right now! I don't have to hunt it now either!

TheRealBro..

See, I'm a subscriber of this dude named Sacred. He gives out shiny 6IV Pokémon in hordes of 2 boxes. I was lucky enough to get a Shiny Mareanie in tonight's giveaway. I feel like the luckiest girl alive right now! I don't have to hunt it now either!

Hm, but I'm guessing that's with powersaves? Don't know, but it's still somewhat better to see a legit one after hours of hunting. Plus, you have to be careful with hacked Pokemon these days (assuming they are). I got kicked out of Battle Spott somewhere during ORAS for having used a powersafe for perfect IV's (not FlashFire Scizor or anything impossible, just IV's). Anyway, congrats if this doesn't apply.

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
Hm, but I'm guessing that's with powersaves? Don't know, but it's still somewhat better to see a legit one after hours of hunting. Plus, you have to be careful with hacked Pokemon these days (assuming they are). I got kicked out of Battle Spott somewhere during ORAS for having used a powersafe for perfect IV's (not FlashFire Scizor or anything impossible, just IV's). Anyway, congrats if this doesn't apply.
Yeah it works. I've tried in in a Rating Battle, and it let me use it, no problems. It's been about 10 battles, and it hasn't once caused issues.

Last edited:

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
I got a shiny Abra off Wonder Trade late last night. WT has given way too many Abra to count, and of course it gives me a shiny Abra. It was a breedject and it's absolutely junk; but it's a shiny nonetheless.

Just wish it was something other then an Abra though...

thegrovylekid

Makes fake cards
I'm going to be going for my dream of getting all the shiny bug-types, save Buzzwole and Pheromosa because they're shiny-locked. Wimpod's gonna be a huge pain.

TheRealBro..

Can't believe my luck. Shiny Cubone after just 32 tries, with an adamant nature and perfect attack IV (with all other stats close to perfect). Chaining beats breeding IMO.

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
Well, I should probably do a little summing up of what I've gotten other than Bounsweet and Crabrawler.
So far I've managed to also chain for Rattata, Yungoos, Finneon and Pikipek all of whom have 4 (maybe 5 not sure with Rattata) IVs, as well as hidden abilities for Rattata only. I think chaining is an awesome new shiny hunting method tbh!