Finished The Seagull's Apprentice Season 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Week Three: Lemon Tree (Judging)

Competitors, the judging has been completed! But before we reveal our individual scorings, and at the end a collective winner, let us first reiterate that both of the teams had completed the challenge at the same time, and a stalemate must be drawn through judging.

A reminder that directly after the judging is completed, the leader of the losing team must select one player to be safe, and that player will avoid The Nest... Good luck in judging, competitors!

Your Judging
This is a really interesting competition to judge, to the point where I had to create certain points and criteria on which to judge you.
How well did you communicate with your team? How much discussion was made between your team to come up with ideas or thoughts on what to do next?
How focused were you on a certain task? How well did you stay determined to solve a puzzle?
How sensible were you? How thoughtful were you in creating logical reasoning for your actions, and what were some thoughts or logical ideas that went through your head at certain points?

Team communication seemed high for you all, but only at a certain specific point. Besides that, it was sporadic or specific to certain team members. There was a fairly long period of time when your team leader had suggested the wonderful idea of cutting the book's pages open and placing the dice inside in order to weigh the book down. However, during this period, your team had no communication between their actions whatsoever, and this idea went ignored, causing you to stumble way longer than necessary. This idea was once again brought up in your team chat yet no one had acted on it until the third time it had been discussed, seemingly to only discuss matters between Ms. Commoda and Mr. Mysterious at certain points, leaving the team leader fairly disconnected.
I'll give you more points for the fact that this entire challenge was driven by Ms. Commoda, and instead fairly well balanced by you all.
Objective focus seemed very high for you all. You didn't constantly change your goal or objective and kept things consistent and worked on a fairly steady basis of "complete one task before attempting another". Points for that.
Your thought process tended to be very well rationalized. I can't think of any times I was confused as to why you were suggesting an action.

Your major downside has to have been your lack of team discussion, especially seemingly excluding your team leader, who had the right idea all along. You had a lot less pages of messages than the Royal Raiders did, whether that's a good thing or not.
Your team discussion wasn't off to a good start, but seemed to have picked up later to an amount that allowed you to relay your thoughts and ideas to each other and follow each other, especially at the very end. In a case like this I would typically deduct points for Van Veacesalv Dulca's part of this section, however his character has already been well established as someone who would act in that sort of way, and is instead just further supporting his character. Points are given to your team not for that, but to still having your conversation drive and assist your completion of the challenge.
Your objective focus seemed very low, in all honesty. You often seemed to switch between the different puzzles even to the point of making a random guess into the safe in the middle of the challenge.
Your actions weren't the most logical at some points, to the point they amused us as the hosts, being perfectly honest.

Your team's major downside has to be how illogical some of your actions seemed to be, and how your team seemed to push in a direction without thinking.

So, what's more important? Team communication or logical movements?
I personally believe that without team communication, you can still make strong decisions and complete the challenges you're presented with. Without logical movements, you still have a solid team making proper movements, just not in the proper direction.

I strongly believe team communication and teamwork to be the strongest part of this game, and therefore I'm giving this challenge to the Royal Raiders, but believe me when I say this is a very difficult decision.

@Jadethepokemontrainer, you and your team will be summoned to the nest to appeal to the jury about why each member of your team should not be eliminated this week.
You have until Monday, May 14th at 8PM PST/11PM EST/4AM GMT.
Good luck, competitors.

Last edited:
Week 3: Eviction Decision

Your judging time is over, and a decision on eviction has been made.

Ms. Lisa Commoda (@NinjaPenguin) and Mr. Alfalf. A. Beane (@Jadethepokemontrainer) started with a good approach, the former stating she was able to do the most work on her team due to her guidance, and the latter stating he doesn't believe his team should be talked down on, but that his contribution to the team, even if ignored, should not be looked over. In light of this information...

Here are my two cents:
Mr. Beane, you were the leader of your team but once again this team seems to pass on the leadership to Ms. Commoda when given the chance, intentionally or not. I believe you played a good role as leader, but that unfortunate circumstances seemed to take that away from you.

Ms. Commoda, you seemed the most popular in your team once again, and seem to always pick up the torch and lead the team in your direction. While your team seems to now depend on you, it's clear that shows strength whether your role is leader or not. But the rest of the team should consider what happens once you leave.

Mr. Mysterious, it's not to say you didn't contribute to your team, you had solid points at several times during the challenge and you had come up with ideas no one else in the game had. You were on a steady pace but due to unforseeable events you seemed to have stopped near the end, even to the point of gaining an inactivity warning for phase eight. I have stated before that an inactivity warning can be worked around, and is detrimental to your team, as it can make or break a challenge.
I wouldn't have to say this if you had created good reason for yourself in the nest.

But Mr. Mysterious, (@rainyman123) you are sadly one of the next contestants to be evicted from "The Seagull's Apprentice". Thank you for being with us. Please give me your feather and leave the office.

Your next challenge will be given to you once it has been prepared. I wish you all luck in preparation.​

[Now that the teams have safely found themselves out of the conference rooms, Alanna seems to have been gone from the building. Despite this, both teams have been called from their rooms to join Mr. Mirdo in his office, apparently for something important.

Opening the door to his office, Mr. Mirdo greets you with his typical smile and invites you to sit down. He starts to talk once everyone’s been seated.

“You might be wondering why I called you here today. Well, I’ve been left here in my excellence to give you your next challenge.”

Makes sense. It’s been a little while since your escapade from the rooms, and you’ve all been waiting for your next challenge.

“But first, I must deliver some news to you all. You must all be wondering, ‘O great Mr. Mirdo, if only one of us will win this competition, why were we put into teams?’ And I have to say to you, yes, that is a wonderful question. because now I must tell you that from this point onwards, you must be working by yourself! This means no more teams, and no more fantastic teamwork and debauchery!”

Blank stares fill the room.

“Did… you already see this coming?”

You’re pretty sure that’s not the reason everyone’s silent.

“Anyways, you get the idea. You’re going to be working on your own from now on, with no more teams to help you or hold you back! This is your competition now, and only you will be crowned the honour of being the apprentice to MY wonderful company!”

Even with how awkward the exchange became, you’re pretty sure you all get the deal now. From now on, you’ll be ditching your banners, your rooms, and your team mates in favour of working by yourself. It’s time to show this competition what you, yourself can do.]

Week Four: Game Show Gauntlet

This is the Game Show Gauntlet. There will be 3 Classic Game Shows. You will play in each. If you win the Show you will move to the final and don't need to compete in the other shows. There are 3 Spots in the final so we are playing through 3 shows.
For your first competition, welcome to the classic game show: “What’s My Line”! Classic as in “it’s from the 1950’s”, because I like myself some obscure Game Shows.
Aaanyway, we’ll be giving you a random person, and you will be asking questions to find out their occupation. The questions you’ll be asking will have to be Yes or No questions. If they answer with a Yes, then you continue asking with your next question. If not, you’re passing your turn to the next person. You only get to ask questions or guess on your turn, and you can only do either action. You can’t ask a question and then guess in the same turn.

You will be asking your questions in thread, so be careful what you ask, because everyone else will have the same information! This will test you on your wits and knowledge as well as a bit of tactical play. This will also provide some entertainment for us, and any of our people who are spectating, allowing the spectators to guess for themselves as well.

Your turn order will be as follows:
Mr. Jace Beleren (@Fiery_Lugia)
Mr. Aliaksandr Alexander Aliaksandrson (@TOTAL_EPICNESS)
Mr. Van Veacesalv Dulca (@Vracken)
Ms. Lisa Commoda (@NinjaPenguin)
Mr. Alfalf. A. Beane (@Jadethepokemontrainer)

You will have 24 hours to ask your first question or take a guess and will have 24 hours from when the question is answered to ask a subsequent question. There will be constant reminders of this in your update posts.

Guidelines for this Challenge:

- Discussion between players or with anyone else regarding the game cannot be made during this challenge, inside or outside of the game. Your team chats will be locked from this point in time as you are no longer bound by teams. You may also not create alliance chats and existing alliance chats will be locked temporarily.

- Every player must submit during their turn. If they do not, their turn will be skipped, and they will be given an immediate inactivity warning. Please let the hosts know if you will not be able to submit during your turn.

- As a refresher, all questions and guesses must be asked in thread, and you are allowed to either ask questions or guess during your turn. The round ends on a correct guess, and a question or guess answered with a “no” will end your turn and skip to the next player’s turn. If your question is answered with a “yes”, you may ask another question.

- Your deadline for this challenge will be 24 hours upon an update post, and times will regularly be given for deadlines, along with tags to make sure you will see your responses, or messages stating your turn has started. Please be aware of when your deadlines are, and contact hosts if you are unable to submit.

-There will be multiple rounds. The first to guess 3 Occupations wins the show.

The first Person to arrive is a man. He appears to be at least 50 years old. His Hair has grown back a bit. His name is Richard Martins and you may begin asking him questions he can answer with Yes or No to find out his occupation. It is your turn @Fiery_Lugia

Yes it is a male dominated Job. You may continue @TOTAL_EPICNESS

(Also because i didn't mention it earlier. Don't forget to stay in character for this aswell.)

Out of character: will you be picky about my answer? For example if you were a chemist and I said scientist would you accept it?

As the game host I would tell you to be as percise as possible.
If It's hard to say this as a general rule. Because some rounds we might be searching for something more specific. Sometimes something pretty broad.
But if we go by your example then Scientist wouldn't be correct. We'd want something more percise than that

Out of character: ok but going by the same example would you say yes I am a scientist and allow me to ask another question?

ok but going by the same example would you say yes I am a scientist and allow me to ask another question?
Yes. I would allow that. Even though for these type of things i'd prefer to if you'd ask "Do you work in a field of science" e.g.

(Also If you never saw that show. The host sits right next to the Person who get's asked. So you can stay in character when asking such questions :p)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back