Finished The Seagull's Apprentice Season 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
[I'm here to make a revision. Fiery_Lugia has, in fact, submitted on time for this challenge. The update post will be edited to show the proper submissions and point totals. Your warning will also be revoked, however I suggest notifying hosts if this will happen in the future.]

Just for the record, what happened with Brave isn't actually stealing (Lacks intent, and stealing is characterized by not extending effort to return said item in the case of it being a mistake once you are aware)

Round One: Who Knew It?

Here was the prompt the contestants were given!

In the periodic table of elements, each element is given a chemical symbol. The symbol for Iron is Fe, from the latin name "Ferrum". Who out of our 4 people didn't know the chemical symbol for Iron?

Here's how our volunteers answered!

- Cody: Fe.
- Eliza: Fe.
- Blakers: I don't know this... R?
- Brenton: Fe, I think?

How well did our contestants guess?

- Lisa Commoda (NinjaPenguin) - I'll go with Cody.
- Alfalf A. Beane (Jadethepokemontrainer) - Blakers, I think.
- Van Veacesalv Dulca (Vracken) - Eliza doesn't know. Brave has to know, Cody's somewhat into science, and Blakers is "the smart one".
- Jace Beleren (Fiery_Lugia) - Blakers

Here are our point totals!

Lisa Commoda - 2 points // Alfalf A. Beane - 2 points // Van Veacesalv Dulca - 3 points // Jace Beleren - 3 points

Here is the last prompt of this round!

We asked everyone what superpower they wanted! We're going to give you their answers and you're going to guess who answered what! Since Brave answered with the same answer as someone else, you'll have to choose between three people: Blakers, Cody, and Eliza.

Identify who answered with which answer:
Invisibility / Flight / Altering Reality

If you answer all of these right, you'll get yourself 3 points. Answer one of them correctly and you'll net 1.5 points. And no correct answers award you zero points.
You have until June 28th, 2018 at 5:00PM PST/8:00PM EST/1:00AM GMT to submit your answers through PokéBeach or Discord.​

Last edited:
Round One: Who Knew It?

We asked everyone what superpower they wanted! We're going to give you their answers and you're going to guess who answered what! Since Brave answered with the same answer as someone else, you'll have to choose between three people: Blakers, Cody, and Eliza.

Identify who answered with which answer:
Invisibility / Flight / Altering Reality

- Cody: Flight.
- Eliza: Invisibility, I don't want to be noticed.
- Blakers: Whatever Scarlet Witch from the MCU has. So... reality altering?

- Lisa Commoda (NinjaPenguin) - Eliza invisibility, Blakers flight, Cody altering reality. (One correct)
- Alfalf A. Beane (Jadethepokemontrainer) - [No Answer]
- Van Veacesalv Dulca (Vracken) - Cody is invisibility, Blakers for Flight and Eliza for Altering Reality. (Three incorrect)
- Jace Beleren (Fiery_Lugia) - [No Answer]

That's the end of the first round! The competition is only going to get more fierce from this point! Speaking of points, here are your standings at the end of this round!

First Place: Lisa Commoda at 3.5 points
Second Place: Van Veacesalv Dulca and Jace Belern at 3 points
Fourth Place: Alfalf A. Beane at 2 points

Your second round will be posted shortly, most likely in a day or two.​

Round Two: Pick Your Brain

Welcome to your second round, contestants! In this round, every contestant has been paired up with a volunteer, either by picking them themselves or just being left with the last choice! We're going to give you prompts based on questions the volunteers had to answer, and your job will be to answer based on how well you know the volunteer you've been paired up with! Here are our pairs!

- Lisa Commoda, working with Eliza
- Alfalf. A. Beane, working with Brenton
- Van Veacesalv Dulca, working with Cody
- Jace Beleren, working with Blakers

Now, onto your first prompt for this round.

Does the volunteer you're paired with like or dislike pineapple on their pizza?

You have until July 4th, 2018 at 5:00PM PST/8:00PM EST/1:00AM GMT to submit your answers through PokéBeach or Discord.
As the deadline is slated for the American Day of Independence, and I expect some people will have plans, you're more than welcome to ask for a deadline on this prompt. Just let the hosts know beforehand.
[I tell you guys to do this, but I had to give out two warnings last round that could have been easily avoided if you guys had.]

Does the volunteer you're paired with like or dislike pineapple on their pizza?

- Cody: Hell no.
- Eliza: Of course it does, why is this a question? They wouldn't have pineapples on pizza if it didn't belong there, now would they?
- Blakers: No, only sausage and pepperoni and bacon and cheese belong on pizza.
- Brenton: NO.

- Van Veacesalv Dulca (Vracken, paired with Cody) - Yes.
- Lisa Commoda (NinjaPenguin, paired with Eliza) - Eliza likes pineapple on pizza.
- Jace Beleren (Fiery_Lugia, paired with Blakers) - I think Blakers dislikes it.
- Alfalf A. Beane (Jadethepokemontrainer, paired with Brenton) - Brenton does not like pineapple on his pizza.

Congratulations to those who knew their partners! Here are our point totals!

Lisa Commoda - 5.5 points // Alfalf A. Beane - 4 points // Van Veacesalv Dulca - 3 points // Jace Beleren - 5 points

Now, onto your next prompt for this round.

Does the volunteer you're paired with prefer being given gifts or money?

You have until July 6th, 2018 at 5:00PM PST/8:00PM EST/1:00AM GMT to submit your answers through PokéBeach or Discord.​

Last edited:

Does the volunteer you're paired with prefer being given gifts or money?

- Cody: Gifts are preferred.
- Eliza: I prefer gifts.
- Blakers: Gifts, I would just hoard the money for like a year.
- Brenton: Usually gifts.

- Van Veacesalv Dulca (Vracken, paired with Cody) - Money, Cody prefers being given money.
- Lisa Commoda (NinjaPenguin, paired with Eliza) - Uh money.
- Jace Beleren (Fiery_Lugia, paired with Blakers) - Blakers seems like the type of person who would rather receive gifts, so I’ll say he prefers gifts.
- Alfalf A. Beane (Jadethepokemontrainer, paired with Brenton) - Gifts.

Congratulations to those who knew their partners! Here are our point totals!

Lisa Commoda - 5.5 points // Alfalf A. Beane - 6 points // Van Veacesalv Dulca - 3 points // Jace Beleren - 7 points

Now, onto the last two prompts until your round ends!

Does the person of your volunteer know their geography? We asked everyone to name as many countries in Europe as you can. Was your volunteer ranked first, second, third, or last? You'll get 2 points on a correct answer, and 1 point if you were close.

Only half of our participants named Italy as one of the countries. Was your volunteer one of them?

You have until July 8th, 2018 at 5:00PM PST/8:00PM EST/1:00AM GMT to submit your answers through PokéBeach or Discord.​

Last edited:

Here are the prompts the contestants were given!

Does the person of your volunteer know their geography? We asked everyone to name as many countries in Europe as you can. Was your volunteer ranked first, second, third, or last? You'll get 2 points on a correct answer, and 1 point if you were close.

Only half of our participants named Italy as one of the countries. Was your volunteer one of them?

- Cody: 15 countries. 1st place, named Italy
- Eliza: 1 country. 4th place, did not name Italy
Blakers: 10 countries. 2nd place, did not name Italy
- Brenton: 5 countries. 3rd place, named Italy

- Van Veacesalv Dulca (Vracken, paired with Cody) - First place, and yes. (4 points)
- Lisa Commoda (NinjaPenguin, paired with Eliza) - Eliza got third place, and didn't name Italy. (3 points)
- Jace Beleren (Fiery_Lugia, paired with Blakers) - I will say Blakers got 3rd place and guessed Italy is in Europe. (1 point)
- Alfalf A. Beane (Jadethepokemontrainer, paired with Brenton) - He was third, and did name Italy. (4 points)

Congratulations to those who knew their partners! Here are our point totals before going into the third and final round!

1st Place: Alfalf A. Beane - 10 points
2nd Place: Lisa Commoda - 8.5 points
3rd Place: Jace Beleren - 8 points
4th Place: Van Veacesalv Dulca - 7 points

This is the end of the second round! Your third round will start shortly!
You have until July 9th, 2018 at 5:00PM PST/8:00PM EST/1:00AM GMT until the next round starts!
Use this time to look over everyone's point totals, you're going to be answering one final question and betting points to add (or subtract) from your score! It's still anyone's game!​

Oh-oh dear. Alanna dearest, perhaps you'd like to also note the counties Dulca and I could name? This performance from our volunteers is really quite shameful; seems as though none of them have paid much attention to Atlas as of late.

[Alanna attempts to stifle a laugh, but clearly failed at the expense of a bit of embarrassment from the volunteers.]

"Very well, Miss Commoda. I hope you two don't expect to gain much of an advantage over your other contestants, or I may make you the volunteers instead."

[With a press of a button from the remote in her hand, the projector screen at the back of the room lit up, showing a list of names.]

Lisa Commoda:
Iceland, UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Denmark, Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, Portugal, France, Andorra, Monaco, Italy, San Marino, Vatican City, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Germany, Austria, Hungary, Poland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Russia, Belarus, Romania, Bulgaria, Greece, Moldova, Kosovo, Montenegro, Serbia, Bosnia & Herzogovinia, Croatia, Malta, Albania, Macedonia, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Slovenia

Van Veacesalv Dulca:
Portugal, Spain, Iceland, Ireland, (Northern Ireland, England, Scotland, Wales) Could be the UK, France, Andorra, The Netherlands, Belgium, Switzerland, Germany, Norway, Sweden, Italy, Vatican City, Macedonia, Luxembourg, Estonia, Russia, Prussia, Sweden, Finland, Hungary, Austria, Ukraine, Georgia, Serbia, Slovakia, Turkey, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Lithuania, Latvia, Belarus, Romania, Albania, Bulgaria

[The display of the screen seems to shake back and forth for a few seconds before the screen seems to just cut to black. The lights in the room flash off for half a second, before turning back on as if nothing had happened. Alanna places the remote she was holding back on her desk, and continues.]

"Wasn't that fun, volunteers? I'm glad we know which group we're hiring here."

Dulca know Kosovo to not actually be a country, Russia and China have denied it. Dulca wishes all to know as this good trivia for all

I would also like to note that Prussia has not existed for the last 70 years, and I wish for Dulca to get off of his pirate boat and find true love in the modern world.

Round Three: One Final Question

Welcome to your final round, contestants! This is our final prompt for this challenge!
Your goal here will be to make a bet and put your points on the line in one final question in order to come out on top!
You may bet up to as many points as you currently have, and if you answer the prompt correctly, you'll double your points! Answer incorrectly, however, and you'll lose everything you bet! The standings are gonna change after this one, that's for sure! First place is still up for grabs by anyone!

Before you receive your prompt, here's a refresher on your point standings!

1st Place: Alfalf A. Beane - 10 points
2nd Place: Lisa Commoda - 8.5 points
3rd Place: Jace Beleren - 8 points
4th Place: Van Veacesalv Dulca - 7 points

Now, onto your final question!

We asked our volunteers to name as many American Presidents as they could from memory. Pick any of our four volunteers, and give us a number of how many they could name. Your answer will be counted as correct if your guess is close.
As a small tip, no volunteer guessed more than 25. However, this doesn't mean any volunteer guessed up to 25. Keep that in mind, so keep your guesses between 0 and 25.

You have until July 12th, 2018 at 8:00PM PST/11:00PM EST/4:00AM GMT to submit your answers through PokéBeach or Discord.
This deadline has been moved back three hours from our normal deadline time due to the time this update was released at. Please be aware of this three-hour delay. Let the hosts know beforehand if you are unable to submit. Good luck, contestants!

Round Three: One Final Question

Here is the final prompt the contestants were given!

We asked our volunteers to name as many American Presidents as they could from memory. Pick any of our four volunteers, and give us a number of how many they could name. Your answer will be counted as correct if your guess is close.

After this prompt, I had contacted our contestants to notify them that being within one of a correct guess will make their answer count as correct.

Here are the amount of points our contestants have bet!

- Van Veacesalv Dulca: A bet of 6 points
- Lisa Commoda: A bet of 0 points
- Jace Beleren: A bet of 2 points
- Alfalf A. Beane: A bet of 2 points

- Van Veacesalv Dulca - Cody, with a guess of 6 presidents, and a bet of 6 points.
- Lisa Commoda - Abstaining from guessing, and a bet of 0 points.
- Jace Beleren -
Eliza, with a guess of 12 presidents, and a bet of 2 points.
-
Alfalf A. Beane - Brenton, with a guess of 12 presidents, and a bet of 2 points.

Now, for the final reveal... Did the contestants win or lose their bets?

Cody guessed 10 presidents.
Eliza
guessed 6 presidents.
Blakers
guessed 15 presidents.
Brenton
guessed 14 presidents.

Van Veacesalv Dulca loses 6 points
from an incorrect bet.
Lisa Commoda loses 0 points
from an incorrect bet.
Jace Beleren loses 2 points
from an incorrect bet.
Alfalf A. Beane loses 2 points
from an incorrect bet.

And the final point total, and our final winner for this challenge...

1st Place: Lisa Commoda - 8.5 points
2nd Place: Alfalf A. Beane - 8 points
3rd Place: Jace Beleren - 6 points
4th Place: Van Veacesalv Dulca - 1 point

Congratulations to the winner of Street Smarts, @NinjaPenguin with 8.5 points!

This is the end of this challenge! Week 4 will resume after a short break with a new game!
Take the time to strategize and discuss, as you are now once again allowed to communicate with the other players about the state of the game, as well as with the volunteers about the most recent challenge.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back