Writing The Ruins of Alph Rules and Guidelines

RE: Writer's Corner Rules & Guidelines

It should allow warstories as long as it's PG-13; we don't want too much blood and violence to occur.

I meant like VG warstories, it gives in depth details on thought process and lets people know about your overall thoughts throughout a battle.

Cooltrainer Alan said:
I meant like VG warstories, it gives in depth details on thought process and lets people know about your overall thoughts throughout a battle.

I don't see why not, because of the reasons you gave. It's a bit like poetry in that it gives a glimpse into one's mind. I'd keep all the warstories in a single thread, obviously, but I guess it could work.

Apollo has the final word, though, so don't take what I said at face value.

Cooltrainer Alan said:
Does this forum allow warstories? I might write one up if it does :)

and if it doesn't, it should. it might add to the popularity of this forum.

Warstories maybe be posted in Fifth Gen Competitive Play. I cleared that with Pride.

RE: The Writing Cafe Rules & Guidelines

Someone change my name back to MrGatr please lol.

If someone can edit in my updated username, that will be most appreciated.

Usernames have been updated.

Articuno, I haven't touched your Chat Room or PO username. If those have been changed, then let me know, so I can make the appropriate changes.

Icy, I suppose it wouldn't be too much for you to edit my username in. Although it's not really much of a problem; it still links to my profile page.

Done ~Ice Arceus

I'd like to update my schedule: I'm available on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays.

Done ~Ice Arceus

Ice Arceus said:
Usernames have been updated.

Articuno, I haven't touched your Chat Room or PO username. If those have been changed, then let me know, so I can make the appropriate changes.

Actually, I won't be using the link to my email along with the PO and chatroom names. You are free to eliminate them.

Done ~Ice Arceus

Sorry for the revival of this thread, but I was wondering why it isn't stickied anymore. Also, to whoever runs the WC, could you update the rules, if necessary, and also the available critics list? You could ask the current critics on that list if they are still available. As for me, yes, I will still be a critic.

Reminder: People, don't forget that this still exists. Don't hesitate to PM one of the critics if your thread has had no posts for at least a week.

I have added myself to the critique list in the OP. I've wanted to do it for a couple of months but coursework and exams got in the way.

Delta said:
I have added myself to the critique list in the OP. I've wanted to do it for a couple of months but coursework and exams got in the way.

As have I.

RE: The Writing Café Rules and Guidelines

The staff has unanimously decided to revise the rules. You may find the updated rules and guidelines in the original post.

Thank you!

Ice Arceus, Department Head
Delta, Moderator
Dustin DeVine, Moderator

RE: The Writing Café Rules and Guidelines (Updated: July 12, 2013; please take time to read the revised rules.)

"Chapters cannot be any shorter than 800 words."
"Short stories must exceed 1,000 words."

Can filler stories be shorter than 1,000 words?

RE: The Writing Café Rules and Guidelines (Updated: July 12, 2013; please take time to read the revised rules.)

This was covered in the previous set of rules but not this set, do Prologues no longer have a word limit?

James86134 said:
This was covered in the previous set of rules but not this set, do Prologues no longer have a word limit?

As long as it is reasonable (300-400 words), you may write a short prologue. :)

If I could like my own posts, I would; the updated rules look pretty slick, nice work team

RE: The Writing Café Rules and Guidelines (Updated: August 26, 2013)

Updated [8/26]: VIII. Script Formatting

Please make sure to read over this rule if you are ever interested in posting a script.

RE: The Writing Café Rules and Guidelines (Updated: August 26, 2013)

Could somebody change the amount of days available in my critic's form to "Miscellaneous"? Thanks in advance!

Done - Delta

Back