Discussion The Problem with Lost March

Isnt there only 1 lost zone? or will this be changed to incorporate this and unknown LOST?
also, i feel that this decks problems with a slow early game and not enogh lost mixer targets could be shored up with a spinarack, as the paralysis can buy you a turn to set up, and most decks don't want to have to play a guzma early on just to take a KO, as this means they will not be set up. as well, after the first attack you can burn them all for lost mixer, and let them help that way.
What type of supporter/search/draw count would you run for this deck? I think
-4 cynthia (no brainer, best draw in game)
-3 elms (getting out 3 jumpluff on turn 2 is great, and it still frees up the rest of the cards to do what they need to do)
-2 tate and liza (shuffle draw 5 is good, and the switch effect, while niche can still be rarely useful)
-2 apricorn maker (grabbing out ball cards is great, but you already play multiple search cards)
-3 ultra ball (you dont want to be discarding much, it should all be lost mixered, or lost zoned)
-4 net ball (search for a grass or a grass energy is great)
-3 timer ball (evolved pokemon search is great, plus a trumbeak going to the lost zone is fine later on)
-3 lost mixer (one of these can make the game go much smoother, letting you hit numbers faster, but multiple is not needed)
-1 oranguru (draw up to 3 each turn lets you play down everything you need, or you can just lost mixer it to fuel your attacks

Two wrong's don't make a right. Believe me, I sympathize with trying to talk people out of overhyping cards, and in providing balance to a lopsided discussion... however, I encourage you to do as honestly as is possible. Perhaps my past failures have left you convinced you do have to filter everything I say for honesty - you should be filtering out bad arguments, of course! - isn't it frustrating? Doesn't it make you trust me less, perhaps even lean towards blocking me? I mean, if you already have blocked me, you won't even be seeing this. XD

Put it all together, and the deck has a lot of potential.

Potential
strengths.

Potential issues.

I don't believe that I was dishonest in my points (unless you count the ones that were intended solely to poke fun). The deck indeed is a Stage 2 build if you choose to run it that way which usually have problems with decks that are built to begin attacking immediately (Buzzwole GX comes to mind, as do certain non-GX Basics with spread capabilities) though that may not be the problem I believed it to be, as if you take the early results of the new format to heart you will notice several Stage 2 decks that were previously overshadowed now finding success (such as Vikavolt, Magnezone and Metagross GX).

As for the Lost March mechanic itself, unlike Night March which simply needs to Battle Compressor and burn through the deck to draw more of them to power its attack and includes several ways to deal with any NM cards that are drawn, the Lost March player needs to accumulate all the cards to send to the Lost Zone in their hand (in the case of Trumbeak and Lost Mixer) or on the field (the case for Skiploom and Spinarak). This is obviously a much weaker approach than what Night March has to commit to in order to power it's attack. In hindsight it probably would have been better if I simply stated that Night March and Lost March shouldn't be so closely compared as while even though the main reason to use them is the same (Non-GX Basics with high damage ceiling) the way they go about doing that is much different, with Lost March being far less simplistic.

As for the bit about filtering out/blocking your posts: I don't believe in doing that as I do appreciate a good back and forth discussion, even when others point out that my points may be flawed. Any time I get proven wrong means I learn something new, although it doesn't mean I won't stubbornly defend my side of the argument. XD

Last edited:
Back