• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format The New Hotness: Blacephon GX/Naganadel

SmiteKnight

Destroying half the universe one snap at a time
The New Hotness- Blacephalon/Naganadel
Pokemon: 13
4 Blacephalon GX LTH
4 Poiple FLI
3 Naganadel LTH
2 Tapu Lele GX

Items: 15
4 Ultra Ball
2 Mysterious Treasure
3 Acro Bike
4 Beast Ring
1 Choice Band
1 Rescue Stretcher

Supporters: 14
4 Cynthia
4 Guzma
4 Sightseer
1 Lillie
1 Kiawe

Energy: 15
14 Fire
1 Beast Energy Prism Star

Stadium: 3
1 Heat Factory Prism Star
2 Ultra Space

Main Strategy:
Use the variety of discard to put fire energy into the discard pile (sightseer, ultra ball etc.), and, using naganadels ability, put them on the naganadel. Blacephons attack hits for more damage when you send fire energy to the lost zone. If you played during the era, the deck is similar to magnezone prime.

Blacephalon-GX – Fire – HP180
Basic Pokemon (Ultra Beast)
[R] Bursting Burner: Your opponent’s Active Pokemon is now Burned and Confused.
[R][R] Mind Blown: 50x damage. You may send any number of [R] Energy attached to your Pokemon in play to the Lost Zone. This attack does 50 damage times the number of cards sent in this way.
[R] Burst GX: Discard 1 of your Prize cards. If that card is an Energy, attach it to 1 of your Pokemon. (You can’t use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)
When your Pokemon-GX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.
Weakness: Water (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 2

Naganadel – Psychic – HP130
Stage 1 (Ultra Beast) – Evolves from Poipole
Ability: Charge Up
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may attach a basic Energy from your discard pile to this Pokemon.
[C][C][C] Turning Point: 80+ damage. If you have exactly 3 Prize cards remaining, this attack does 80 more damage.
Weakness: Psychic (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1

Sightseer – Trainer
Supporter
Draw cards from your deck until you have 5 cards in your hand. Before drawing, you may discard any number of cards from your hand.
You may play only 1 Supporter card during your turn (before your attack).

Heat Factory Prism Star – Trainer
Stadium
You can’t have more than 1 Prism Star card with the same name in your deck. If a Prism Star card would go to the discard pile, put it in the Lost Zone instead.
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may discard a [R] Energy from hand. If you do, draw 3 cards.
As long as this Stadium is in play, whenever a player uses an Item or Supporter card from their hand, prevent all effects of those cards done to this Stadium.
This card stays in play when you play it. Discard this card if another Stadium card comes into play. If another card with the same name is in play, you can’t play this card.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Hi SmiteKnight,

Four Blacephalon Gx are not needed in this deck. Three will be sufficient. You also get away with one Tapu Lele GX with ease. Replace them with two Moltres as an alternate starter. Also cut one Sightseer and one Guzma for two more Lillie. This card is massively underrated in the new SM-on format and works especially well in this kind of decks that are able to play down their hand with ease. I would also cut the lone Choice Band and Rescue stretcher for an additional energy and a third Mysterious Treasure to set up several Naganadel faster and more consistent. Here is my own list that I build when SM8 was fully revealed. This list worked real well for me and was actually the only Pokémon Gx deck from this set that worked out well. Until Nagandel was revealed I did not have much hope for Blacephalon but the release of Naganadel completely changed my opinion.