Discussion The Future Story of a Ninja Boy: The Awoken Hero...

Laurier_Ex

Ninja master
Ninja Boy in a near future...

-Ninja Boy (just comes out of training) - Entei how is life today, feeling down? I know i have put you aside for a little while now. How would you feel to be part of the deck again?

-Entei (wearing 2 FFB) -Not sure Bro, i feel weak (the poor guy as 210 Hp). You only carry special energy and you cant accelerate it. I need 3 turns just to get ready for OHKO.

- Ninja Boy -Is that all? I got a partner for you buddy! His name is Shining Mew. Shining Mew will be the kamikaze powering you up.

- Entei (wearing 2 CB) - You got my attention (hits for 190 or 380 on weakness but thinks twice...) But what will happen to Shining Mew after, it seems risky.

- Ninja Boy -Shining Mew swore an oat to the Ninja clan. He would put his life on the line for us. Having him knocked out will allow Counter Energy to be worth 2 energies of any type. Dont you get it bro? You will be able to OHKO Metagross Gx and Gollispod Gx on the end of the second turn.

- Entei (unequipped) -Sure but when i will be on the bench i will be exposed... ( What is the guy afraid of, he still has 130Hp naked).

- Ninja Boy -You will not be on the bench. With my help, you will jump from nowhere and hit the Metagross Gx or the ugly Gollispod Gx for weakness and OHKO him. Electrike or Comfey will cover you up.

- Entei () -Comfey is toooo cute! You cant do that, i like to wear her around my neck for safety. Electrike with Omega trait is in my family tree you can trust the guy he is safe.

- Ninja Boy -Alright, worst case i will bench Giratina for the task he is ugly enough.

- Entei () -I can suggest someone else ;) My good old friend Hoopa is a bit grim lately.

- Ninja Boy -That immunity to Ex and Gx. On the bench it means it can only be knocked out by a non Ex/Gx pokemon. ^_^ Youre a genius!

- Ninja Boy -I forgot a detail... i will have to cut someone from the deck in order to fit you in with Shining Mew and Hoopa...

To be continued or not

The near future as a Ninja looks promising...

Shining Mew: http://www.pokebeach.com/2017/06/shining-mew-shining-ho-oh-and-marshadow-from-sm3-shining-legends
Hoopa: https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-tcg/pokemon-cards/sm-series/sm35/55/
Counter Energy: http://www.pokebeach.com/2017/09/counter-energy-from-sm4
Counter catcher: (http://www.pokebeach.com/2017/09/counter-catcher-from-sm4)

Link to the new Youtube videos of my Ninja deck playing against a Gardevoir Gx deck:

Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:

The perfect bench against a Greninja Break.

Active: Glaceon-Ex

Benched: Magearna-Ex, Comfey and Giratina.

GG WP again Greninja Break see you next time.

10 win streak.

Greninja_Vs_Ninja_Box.png

Greninja_Vs_Ninja_Box_2.png

Last edited:
Why all this hassle? You're playing Expanded. Just use Blacksmith and a DCE and you're ready to go.

13-3

Whilst Gardevoir was sitting on its throne, darkness was floating around...

- Ninja Boy (Mad because he just been defeated by a Turbo Darkrai deck): Man this fight got me exhausted... What was Jolteon doing?

- Entei (Not in the deck for now): He was in your prize card.

- Ninja Boy (>_<): Did we not include Rotom Dex... oh never mind. Alright we lost a battle but war is not over yet.

- Entei (>_>): What do you mean?

- Ninja Boy (Ready for action): We got to fight this Darkrai-Gx deck again. (seems to happen to me often that i fight 2 very similar decks one after the other)

- Entei (Getting nervous): Run for your lives!

Darkrai materializes once more and he his ready to hit. But this time around Jolteon is not in the prize cards. And there is a little extra with him... A flower necklace.

- Ninja Boy (Calm and relax): Look. Over there the rainbow!

Comfey - Ability — Flower Shield
Each of your Pokemon that has any Fairy Energy(Rainbow or Prism) attached to it can't be affected by any Special Conditions. Remove any Special Conditions affecting those Pokemon.

- Ninja Boy (() Against a Turbo Darkrai-Gx, we use Comfey on the bench. This will make Jolteon in the active immune to the Gx attack. Comfey carries an aura that pierces darkness, Darkrai knows it. That Gx attack will not work with Comfey on the bench and if Jolteon is in the active, Darkrai will be left with few options. He will definetly need to go for the Comfey if he wants to deal with Jolteon...

Rescue Stretcher - Choose 1: •Put a Pokémon from your discard pile into your hand. •Shuffle 3 Pokémon from your discard pile into your deck.

The fight ends...

- Entei (>_>): Man, what are you thinking? You just burned 3 Comfey in a row! Are you mad?

- Ninja (Concentrated): Did we not won the fight? Told you we should maybe had another Rescue Stretcher, those are sweet sometimes.

ULD6x3d.jpg

Last edited:
Why all this hassle? You're playing Expanded. Just use Blacksmith and a DCE and you're ready to go.

I cannot use Blacksmith in the deck because i do not have Fire Energy. I have Prism and Rainbow energy and those cannot be accelerated by Blacksmith.

And playing a Blacksmith in this deck would not be good since Entei is the only fire type pokemon that Blacksmith can be used on.

Need to think out of the box in order to understand how the Ninja Box deck is played. I did try Blacksmith before but it is not consistent.

When Counter Energy or Shining Mew comes into play, Entei will be more affordable.

Last edited:
19-3

Better luck next time NightMarch. You can not match the might of Jolteon combined to the support of Karen.

Ninja Boy (just benched all those useless pokemon for the matchup just to push the insult a bit further) -Here, taste the power of Machamp!

pxix1Qr.jpg

Ninja Boy (Totally fired up) -No way you make it through my mighty Machamp you evil Tortunator! Confey do not let Machamp get confused! Knock those 3 pokemons in a row Machamp!

Entei (Hidden behind Comfey he pulls his head out) -Victory is ours!

bQkI6if.jpg

78CpmnE.jpg

FgHGrTb.jpg

Those Drampa decks... The only way they get out of it is by making the game crash. Try discarding my special energy with Magearna sitting on the bench bitch!

tWyRJpB.jpg

Ninja Boy (happy about the run) - So Entei, how well went the run?

Entei (starts to think he should join the party): We did good, 21 wins and 5 loss. On the other hand the poor Comfey as been knocked out a lot. We lost 3 of those 5 games against Turbo Dark decks. We have not been caught in too many level 2 Pokemon Gx evolution decks. This could have helped us a bit with the score. A question i have, why stop the run at 21-5?

Ninja Boy (very square) - Those are Fibonacci numbers (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fibonacci_number)

Enti (О_о
) - ...

Ninja Boy -My friend i have a serious manner to discuss with you.

Entei (curious and anxious) - What is it? Have you caught some bad disease or something worse?

Ninja Boy -Your cousin Electrike will be replaced soon. He as helped us trough these years but...

Entei (confused) - Why him... His family needs him on the field, he is a provider. I mean, i am pleased that you where so eager to give me a spot but...

Ninja Boy - I was not thinking about taking you along buddy, i was talking about Regirock promo. That guy is solid (110hp) and has the Omega ancient trait just like Electrike. He will replace Electrike on the bench to safeguard our energy attachment!

Entei (not showing it but he is about to cry...) - P_P

Ninja Box against Marshadow Box. The matchup is interesting because both decks are similar. I know he discarded Jolteon, Glaceon, Tauros, Seismitoad and Espeon from his deck. Here is how it went.

Just countered his last Marshadow (that used Flash Ray) by going from Tauros into Espeon (Ignoring Flash Ray and using psychic weakness against Marshadow). Then he used another Marshadow (picture 1) in the active and tried using Quacking Punch for item lock. I then use Ninja Boy into Machamp for the last 2 prize cards (picture 2).

Note: Started using Pokémon Communication to try it out in my deck. It allows you to put a pokemon from your hand back into your deck. It acts like Ultra Ball in the sense that you can grab Tapu Lele or Shaymin with it. The nice side of it is that since this deck runs 1 copy of most pokemon, this also allows you to send a pokemon from your hand back into your deck so you can Ninja Boy into it. Being stuck with a pokemon in your hand you want to Ninja Boy into is bad. This helps with it.

poXmogj.jpg

B6TA99a.jpg

Don't know about the dialogue, but I am digging the strategy.

I have been tweaking this deck for a year now but considering i am missing a few cards and i am alone to develop around the concept the progression is slower than i would like. At first sight since this deck is so unconventional people tend to stay away from it. On the flip side, this deck works actually very well, is consistent and it as the advantage of being very adaptable. It has multiple layers of complexity and you are very talented if you can actually dig deep enough to reach the bottom without trying it out for yourself.

I am working on something similar i was running before except for a few tweaks i have made. Always trying to polish and try different variants of the deck to counter the meta. My actual beta version includes Espeon-Ex instead of Mew-Ex for psychic weakness. In order to empower Espeon-Ex i also included Po Town and removed Sky field. Po Town does not hurt my pokemons at all since it is all about basic (except Octillery i am also trying out right in my current variant). Adding Tapu Koko promo would be the cherry on top of the cake to counter the evolution decks. Unfortunately I am still missing a copy of Tapu Koko promo to try it out in the deck.

Since in this version i have removed Sky field, i also removed Colress. Because i then needed to bench less, i opted to include a few Pokémon Communication cards. They work amazingly well with the whole idea as i mentioned in my previous post. It adds another way of making sure that you can always Ninja Boy into what you need. The inclusion of Pokemon Communication works nicely with the concept and covers a weakness my previous deck version had.

The deck does not run Sycamore/N engine since you want to use Ninja Boy most of the time. This is not a bad thing because as i already said, you always want your pokemons to be in your deck to have it ready for Ninja Boy. You usually end the game with approximately on average 20 cards in your deck. Normally if you have Ninja Boy and can attach a DCE with a Rainbow or Prism Energy by turn 2 you are good to go (given that the right pokemons are not prized). Ninja Boy, since there are 4 copies and since you got Ultra Ball, Pokémon Communication and Tapu Lele, is very easy to access. Energy is a bit harder but you can achieve it by using Mallow (works very well with Unown and Octillery) or Lillie on the first turn.

I've always liked a bit of unpredictable strategy in the current metagame, so keep it coming with the Ninja Boy decks!!! :)

I've always liked a bit of unpredictable strategy in the current metagame, so keep it coming with the Ninja Boy decks!!! :)

You nailed one of its best quality. Unpredictable and since it is adaptable you never know what exactly to expect.

This one is a good exemple to illustrate the point. Game was against a Nightmarch deck. I started with Comfey in the active and dropped Tapu Lele on the bench. Attached a Rainbow Energy to Tapu Lele. My opponent as few clues of the deck i am playing when he sees Comfey and Tapu Lele. So, first turn he plays Escape Rope and hopes to OHKO Tapu Lele with the energy attached. 120 dmg was not enough so i Ninja Boy into Jolteon-Ex and the turn after, i use Karen (see picture).

The opponent then gave up since he had no Pokemon Ranger included. Relying on Escape Rope could have been a solution but since he had no idea of what i was playing, he had no idea that he would need his Escape Rope to have a chance to defeat me. This illustrates the point.

NSH2ceB.jpg

Last edited:

This one is a good exemple of the unpredictability against a Nightmarch deck. I started with Comfey in the active and dropped Tapu Lele on the bench. Attached a Rainbow Energy to Tapu Lele. My opponent as few clues of the deck i am playing when he sees Comfey and Tapu Lele. So, first turn he plays Escape Rope and hopes to OHKO Tapu Lele with the energy attached. 120 dmg was not enough so i Ninja Boy into Jolteon-Ex and the turn after, i use Karen (see picture).

The opponent then gave up since he had no Pokemon Ranger included. Relying on Escape Rope could have been a solution but since he had no idea of what i was playing, he had no idea that he would need his Escape Rope to have a chance to defeat me. This illustrates the point.

The sad part is that i was on a 7 win streak and i lost the following game to Espeon-Gx/Garb. I had 23 cards left in my deck and i had only seen 2 energies... Bad drawing happens... Espeon-Gx/Garb is usually not a bad matchup. You try to get Octillery with Glaceon-Ex and Comfey/Magearna as bench support. Immuned to Psybeam and Divide Gx, Glaceon-Ex as an easy time.

NSH2ceB.jpg

Back