Ruling The Future of Fossils

revdjweb

Aspiring Trainer
Will Strange Cave and Holon Fossil be allowed to work with the new fossil lines? I mean if things like Celio's Network can be reinterpreted to mean 'any pokemon', might not these two be read to mean 'any pokemon which evolves from a fossil'?

IF They wikll errata it, it will prolly add Shieldon/Headbutter thing on the card.

I doubt it, since older cards that did this weren't meant to work with the newer Fossil Pokemon, like Underground Lake or Buried Fossil. That's also prolly the reason Claw and Root Fossil were made insead of continuing the use of Mysterious Fossil.

Anyways, if you're worried about getting Fossil Pokemon out instead of actually playing the fossils, DP2 (The set the new fossil Pokemon actually appear in) offers this card:

trainer4.jpg

Paleontologist – Supporter Card

Choose either your deck or your discard pile. Search for a Fossil, a Stage 1 Evolution card that evolves from that Fossil, and a Stage 2 Evolution card that evolves from that Fossil. Show the cards to your opponent and put them in your hand. Shuffle your deck if you looked through it.

You can play 1 Supporter card during your turn. Place this card next to your Active Pokemon. At the end of your turn, discard this card.

Black Winged Gengar,if someone used paleontologist,can he for example take the fossil from discard pile and the stage 1 and stage 2 from the deck??or vice versa?
thankz!

Shizz:It says chose either before saying search for so the awnser is no. Personally, I think fossil pokemon that have only ever been decent will start to fade away. Just like ex's they will soon necome under played. It's a shame.

NO , Strange cave only allow pokemon that evolve from Mysterious Fossil/Root Fossil/Claw Fossil to treat as basic!

no, pmcvblwk Strange Cave says u may put a omanyte, kabuto, aerodactyl,
aerodactyl ex lileep or anorith and they treat as basic
77.jpg

Yeah, this card is going to help my deck so much. They almost killed fossil decks completely with the new rules and the new rotation (getting rid of strange cave). But this card brings fossils back to almost full strength. I can't wait for this card to come out, I already have a great plan with it. Kabutops shall still live!

-Mystic-

Back