BW/BW2 The Future Games Speculation Thread

it would be like in the anime. think of ash's battle against lances dragonite...i would love to do that lol

rofl nvm. i dont get how it would be a flat surface? it could be like pokepark. from the point of view of your poke and you do somthing other than just pick an attack to use

^ i agree with you on all accounts, DV. but the question is: what will come first? the remake or the Wii version?
i kinda hope for the latter, because i've had this idea about a pokemon game.... as in, instead of turn-based battles, have them in real-time and 3D, like the new bakugan game. so then it combines SSBB realtime with all pokemon!
or, alternatively, have it in 3D turn base, like in Dragonquest 9, so that it looks alot cooler. i dunno, brah, and, please, i want feedback on this!

I dont know about a SSBB take on it because that would still be kind of 2Dish. i was thinking pokemon Stadium but you can actually move around and jump and dodge and run and do real time attacks

tbh pokemon's creativity sort of nosedived after the first 3 Generations anyway. Gen I established the gameplay mechanic, Gen II fine-tuned it, Gen III added the major bells and whistles (double battles, abilities, contests, frontier, etc) and everything else after that was just new variances of the stuff in Gen III. IMO the additions to the 4th and 5th generation are kind of superficial.

Not that it concerns me that much. As much as I'd like to see creativity, often people go overboard with it. Plus evidence (like fanbase initial reactions to ice cream pokemon) have shown that creativity tends to be more subject to criticism (or maybe people are just too critical, since they'd also criticise a less-creative design for being boring or repetitive or non-innovative)

^ its kind of lose lose for the company. they can go somthing totally new (ice cream pokemon) and people will say its to wierd. then they can go old fashioned with it (cat pokemon) and people say that they already did it and that they should come up with somthing new. there really is no winning.

Chris said:
Guys, what kind of Pokemon do you think will be in Gen 57?
catutie said:
^ probably very uncreative ones
I disagree. If pokemon does last that long, the original developers would be long dead. A generation lasts 3 to 4 years. With each new artist, new ideas would show.

I'm hoping for a 3D Mystery Dungeon. I think it would be fun to see a Tepig or Oshawott walking through a dungeon.

You know what i think that they will do. When they get to generation 57 or whatever, there would be way too many pokemon in the pokedex to catch them all. So maybe, just maybe, they will make another generation one and start the whole process over again. Like, it wont be a remake of gen 1, but a new world so to say, so you cant get the pokemon from gen 1 in gen 57. It would make it very profitable within little kids because its a totally new world, no old pokemon would appear ever.

^ its should be gen 1-5 have there own national dex 6-10 have a seperate national dex and so on. then gen 60....its all 10,000 pokemon in one dex...that would be insane

Its unlikely Game Freak will actually continue Pokemon for a 57th generation, but if they actually do they would probably really uncreative, dull and boring. Probably will feature all the old Pokemon and some new ones here and there. Again, probably bland Pokemon.

Do you guys think, on the very last game of Pokemon they will make it so you can travel to all regions, battling every gym leader and Elite Four, beating all villainous teams-- or maybe, they would have it so all every team has teamed up to make one giant team?

I don't know, but thats a hopefully!

I would like to see Team Rocket vs Team Plasma in Grey, since Team Rocket is mentioned a lot in the games and that seems to be the way the anime's storyline is turning out.

catutie said:
^ its kind of lose lose for the company. they can go somthing totally new (ice cream pokemon) and people will say its to wierd. then they can go old fashioned with it (cat pokemon) and people say that they already did it and that they should come up with somthing new. there really is no winning.

I dont think it is lose-lose.

End of the day, the game still has fairly good reception and sales. That alone is enough to let the game devs have the last laugh. The quality of the game isn't judged by whether or not it can gain 100% fan approval, because that is downright impossible as some people out there are impossible to satisfy. You can have 50 people out there say they hate the game, but if ten thousand people out there buy the game, the game developers still win.

^ i guess too that its always a new generation to younger ones. they wouldnt be able to see how un original it is because they didnt see gen 1-3

I think in future games pokemon will have different animations for attacks
e.g. if a pokemon uses tackle it runs up to the pokemon and tackles it that would be cool!

Back