BW/BW2 The Future Games Speculation Thread

Even though this is a Future Games Speculation thread,I think 6 gen is a bit of an early topic to discuss.Heck,we don't even have the third installment of 5th gen,much less the current two.

No, discuss it all! You wanted to speculate, now speculate or I can easily take this away. Gen Infinity is also up for discussion. :)

dmaster out.

Here's how I see it, I think pokemon can keep creating Generation after Generation as long as a few things happen
1. They must create ORIGINAL ideas for new pokemon, original designs, ect. This also means they have to be careful with what they decide to base a pokemon off of, as it looks like they are moving away from animal like creatures, to more electronic items, or remakes of the past(like the ongoing set of bird pokemon.) Though I do believe they can get away with the pokemon with "god-like" powers.
2. The TCG must stay popular. How they plan to do that? I really don't know, but I'd be careful, throughout this whole Diamond and Pearl, Platinum, and HeartGold&SoulSilver sets, we saw the game go from synergy, and strategy, to a more of, who can set up fastest and start killing first? This has changed the game to a long interesting battle, to a quick battle, which could shoo players away, I've seen it happen, and I think Pokemon should be careful on how cheap the cards they make are.
3. The video game must stay popular. Not competitive kind of way, since that's the only reason the TCG is popular these days, but more of publicly. Every time a new pokemon series comes out, more people buy the game. But could their come a point where people stop, because the series ran to long, or the designs are ORIGINAL anymore? The moment this happens, is when Pokemon's empire falls.

Overall, I can see future generations to come, many, for a long time, as long as the 3 things stated above are correct, and they can become even more popular than before, with the amount of fans joining everyday, and maybe something like this could happen...
The Pokemon anime could be better HERE. I'm not worried about it's popularity in Japan, but, it's not the most popular thing here.
That's all I got to say about this. I can't wait to see Pokemon's hopefully bright future.

jirachinick, that's all wrong. All they need is for people to keep making babies. There will always be kids who will love pokemon no matter how unoriginal the pokemon are, or if the vg or tcg is dead.

When the VG or TCG is dead, you don't get that many little kids liking Pokemon, and it won't be nearly as popular as it is now. Infact, the kids who watch the show barely keep any of Pokemon alive. Of course their will be some kids, but it's not like when it first came out, when the show was everything. Now, a kid has a chance of liking pokemon, small, and a good chance only for a week, until they resort to Bakugan or something. Most of the people are old fans, that's where the sales come from. If everything in Pokemon were dead but the anime, well, Pokemon wouldn't be in America anymore.

Kids will like Pokemon, as long as it's here unless something happens and every kid will hate it, even the future kids. Dmaster i sense you're angry, we want to speculate but i think we just want to speculate the 3rd game and spin off games now.

If i were to talk about future gens i would say that we should get more types because there aren't that many combinations left, there are 56 pokemon without an evolution line, we should have some more evolutions in the next generation, and i would laugh if Luvdisc turned out to related to Mamambou because of a split evolution thing.

i think they should finally make a light type next gen. they should also make a few new types instead of just adding one. that way it dosen't get stale. also i think they should add more inanimate objects for pokemon to be. and MORE DRAGONS!!!

pokemon wont die because even when we old fans look at gen 5 and say man those arnt pokemon what happened, new people into pokemon look at it as new like when we saw the first 151.

i can see TCG dying though. sadly, pokemon is becoming more of a secret hobby (not me though. if you dont like pokemon and cant nerd out with me about it then...we just cant be friends). younger and younger kids strive to be cool and pokemon to most cool kids is a stupid thing. i remember when i used to play pokemon on the play ground (i was always ash's pikachu). but that isnt true today. and if it is its usually not the "cool" kids doing it.

as for the generations. i see it going to a diamond and pearl remake then stopping. so thats a R/S/E remake. then a new gen (gen 6) then D/P/P remake and a new gen (gen 7). just imagine a BW remake in like 8 years rofl

It's not that problem, but, pokemon makes most of its money of the TCG and video game, when those die off, they won't have enough money to have pokemon in america, possibly in Japan, I don't know the sales their, but definitely here, if it were to happen, pokemon goes bye bye. Of course little kids like pokemon, always will, but not nearly enough people watch the american pokemon anime to keep it alive if the TCG and video game die. Like I said, it's unlikely for that to happen, but if it does, we're screwed

I seriously doubt new types will ever be added. Dark and Steel were added because the types were unbalanced, they are now so there is no reason to add a new type.

They cant add a new type it would disrupt the balance that dark and steel set in for us.

and? whats wrong with that? i mean before there was even a such thing as dark and steel types Pokemon battling was still fun and tactical, just like it is now. so whats wrong with disrupting things a little now again by throwing in a new type? :)

In the old days, their was a type that dominated almost everything, Dark and Steel were created to bring balance to it, adding a new type destroys that balance. If things are disrupted, well, then it becomes like the current TCG, where one or 2 things dominate, and destroy everything else.

so whats wrong with disrupting things a little now again by throwing in a new type?

The game has 17 types already. I'd say that's more than enough. It's not worth having to rework the entire metagame just to have something "new". The novelty of playing with a new thing will wear off fast, but the gameplay balance issues that result will stay forever, at least until the generation that fixes it. Put simply the benefits will not outweigh the downsides.

You're essentially saying "Gen I was problematic due to type imbalance, what's wrong with recreating a similar problematic situation by adding yet another type?" and your argument in favour of it was that the game wouldn't get stale. I don't think that is a sound argument. No new types have been added since Gen III, and the game fanbase is... well they wouldnt still be here if it had gotten stale. You can look at it the other way: people who feel that it has gotten stale aren't going to be swayed by the presence of new types.

Im on the side of disagreeing with the light type and such.

But as for Ruby And Sapphire Remakes, Im also Disagreeing with that. With all the hints that were put in on Black and White, it seems were getting an 'Emerald' Remake instead. I could be wrong though.

@superfoof
3 remakes (RS and E)= nintendo raking in the mula.

Has anyone heard of this? A Nintendo representative at CES 2011 has sparked a rumor regarding a possible new Pokémon title on the Wii. If true, this title would be similar to Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness, with graphics similar to Pokémon Battle Revolution. The retail title would also be compatible with Pokémon Black and White. EPIC!!1!!one!

Has anyone heard of this? A Nintendo representative at CES 2011 has sparked a rumor regarding a possible new Pokémon title on the Wii. If true, this title would be similar to Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness, with graphics similar to Pokémon Battle Revolution.

Any links to source of that info?

Back