• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard The Evil Rule (Zoroark GX/Weavile)

ElementZero

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon: 16
3x Zoroark GX SM84
1x Zoroark 91/162
4x Zorua SM83
2x Weavile 74/156
2x Sneasel 85/147
2x Tapu Lele GX 60/145
1x Hoopa 55/73
1x Mewtwo 51/108

Trainers: 35
4x Ultra Ball
4x Puzzle of Time
3x Cynthia
3x Guzma
3x N
3x Choice Band
2x Mallow
2x Enhanced Hammer
2x Field Blower
2x Evosoda
2x Float Stone
2x Brigette
1x Rescue Stretcher
1x Devoured Field
1x Super Rod

Energy: 9
4x Double Colorless Energy
5x Dark Energy

Last edited:

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
You don't need 6 Dark or any Sycamore in the deck. 3 Trades is immensely powerful(although the normally played 4 is even better) and does work by itself. You NEED at least 2 Brigette to make Zoro work. Really, 3 is the number you want.

-2 Dark
-1 Sycamore

+2 Brigette
+1 Zoroark-GX

I'm sure you don't own 3 Lele hence the two. But if you do, drop a card for it. T1 Brigette is what really makes Zoroark a great deck.

TuxedoBlack

Old School Player
For all of my Stage 1 based decks (e.g., Zoroark-Golisopod, Espeon-Garbodor, etc.), I run 3 Brigette. Although 85%+ of the time, I can manage to get my bench setup by T2 when running 2 Brigette, running 3 Brigette (and 2+ Tapu Lele GX and 3+ Ultra Ball) significantly increases my chances of a T1 bench setup. Against certain or fast setup decks, my not getting setup by T2 (or later) led to some unfavorable early game positions. IMO, that 15% lack of setup T1 is just not worth not playing the 3rd Brigette, especially in big tournaments.

Also recognize that more players are now running Parallel City due to the immense popularity of Zoroark GX. So, 1 Rescue Stretcher may not be sufficient.

Lastly, Buzzwole GX deck players will inflict significant havoc upon your deck... If Buzzwole GX decks are a concern, then Mr. Mime (Bench Barrier) may be worth considering.

I hope you find these comments helpful.

Last edited:

TheKaitoKid

Aspiring Trainer
I think gumball is right. You don't need 6 Dark energy. Between the trades and the Puzzles you should always have them when you need them. I'd drop it to 4, maybe 5 if you're not sure 4 is enough. With Zoroark I know it feels like you're just burning through your deck all willy nilly but the thing that separates players is how skillfully they can manage their resources. As long as you're not attaching Energy for the sake of attaching you should be alright with just 8 total energy.

I would consider +1 Mew-EX. Card is absurdly good and strengthens the Buzzwole matchup. Also acts as another copy of Weavile except with psychic typing for a single energy. In my older list I used to play a 2-2 line of Stand-In Zoroark and Zoroark Break because I only had 3 ZoroGX at the time. Break is busted with the Foul Play and can punish players with Mind Jack and only lets up a single prize. Worth testing if you could find the space I would think.

If you only have 3 Zoroark-GX I would say:

-2 Dark Energy
-1 Mallow

+1 Super Rod
+1 Brigette
+1 Mew-EX

If you have an entire playset of Zoroark-GX I would try and fit the fourth in.

ElementZero

Aspiring Trainer
i dont have many extra brigette but i can try another in this. as for the mew ex, they are very expensive right now so the mewtwo (EVO) is a placefiller for now that does something similar and still hits for weakness on buzzwole

GymLdrJesse

Twitter/X @JessePrker
Advanced Member
@TuxedoBlack & @TheKaitoKid Both have the right idea. The main struggle with this deck in buzzwole and its worth it to tech for it so you dont auto-lose. Especially with diancie prism/beast ring coming out, buzz will be more popular than ever.
Here is a list similar to Rukan Shao's (article writer for Dead Draw Gaming).
It is very consistent and uses both the rule of evil and evil admonition weavile, in combination with mr mime (to protect your ability mons) to help your riotous beatings hit for OHKO's the rest of the game.

##Pokémon - 20

* 3 Sneasel UPR 73
* 4 Zorua SLG 52
* 1 Weavile UPR 74
* 1 Weavile BUS 86
* 1 Zoroark BKT 91
* 4 Zoroark-GX PR-SM SM84
* 1 Zoroark BREAK BKT 92
* 1 Mr. Mime BKT 97
* 1 Mew-EX LTR 139
* 1 Mewtwo EVO 51
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60

##Trainer Cards - 32

* 1 Float Stone PLF 99
* 2 Evosoda GEN 62
* 3 Field Blower GRI 125
* 4 Puzzle of Time BKP 109
* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 4 Ultra Ball DEX 102
* 1 Acerola BUS 112
* 3 Brigette BKT 161
* 3 Cynthia UPR 119
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 3 N FCO 105
* 1 Professor Kukui SUM 148
* 3 Choice Band GRI 121

##Energy - 8

* 4 Darkness Energy EVO 97
* 4 Double Colorless Energy HS 103

TuxedoBlack

Old School Player
i dont have many extra brigette but i can try another in this. as for the mew ex, they are very expensive right now so the mewtwo (EVO) is a placefiller for now that does something similar and still hits for weakness on buzzwole
For testing purposes, consider using proxies for the actual cards you NEED/really want. Using the "correct" card(s) you need significantly improves your testing, IMO. Hopefully by the time you actually need the real cards for tournaments, you can either borrow and/or trade for them.

By the way, since you run Dark energy in your deck, have you considered running the BKT Zorua whose Moonlight Madness attack can be very useful at times?

Last edited:

ElementZero

Aspiring Trainer
made some changes to the list, going to try and keep the 3 gx and then get a break to supplement the breakthrough zoroark. I just like how the breakthrough zoroark acts like a keldeo and can get me out of some bad situations. but for right now i just dont have a break to put in